Cannabis.com

Thread: Breaking up marijuana (i know how, but...)

gimmegimmes is offline Registered

Breaking up marijuana (i know how, but...)

I'm bored and wanted to know if it's a good idea to break up marijuana pre-anything. Or if it's a bad idea like when you cut up apples and they soon turn brown...

that's just an analogy... i just want to know if breaking up marijuana well before using it at all will alter the freshness or anything of the sort?

Thanks!!!!

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

GoldenGraham84 is offline Registered+
    well, breaking up a bud will dislodge some of the trichomes. this may not matter much in commercial "brick" dirt weed, as the packaging process (compacters) does a lot of dislodging. breaking up a bud with more moisture probably increases the chances of mold attacks. short answer from me is probably not.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

"If you don't like my fire, then don't come around. 'Cause I'm gonna burn one down." - Ben Harper

"America; first we fight for our freedom, then we make laws to take it away." -Alfred E. Newman

jimmy8778 is offline Registered+
    well, it depends on the circumstances. First, if you have say an O and you are going to smoke it over a month, i wouldnt grind/break it up first, it helps to keep it fresher. If your going out of town for a weekend and you want to pack light and grind it up first its no big deal. The more ground up it is the more surface area there is to dry out quicker, so if you wanna keep your weed fresh keep it nuggeted. if you want convience then grind it up, just grind up enough for a day or two though to preserve freshness. Light also degrades weed so the more broken it is the more exposed to light it typically is. But just wondering now to help explain better, what are the circumstances surrounding your question, or is it just curiosity, i hear that it kills cats you know.
    when you learn to walk on the planes of existence, you can learn to run on the planet of earth

au revoir

415plus5 is offline Registered+
    keep it in nug form, when you are going to use some, grind that shit up and take it to the dome! dont forget about the keef you get from grinding it...

halfassedjedi is offline Registered+
    I used to know this guy in high school who would always pick up o's ever week and before he would pack any at all he would make me help him break up the whole damn thing. so annoying.

just break it up as you go!

jimmy8778 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by halfassedjedi View Post
    I used to know this guy in high school who would always pick up o's ever week and before he would pack any at all he would make me help him break up the whole damn thing. so annoying.

just break it up as you go!
    that reminds me of this kid i knew growing up, we were smoking one time and he had this bag full of a quarter of weed that was already ground up. I asked him why he had all of it ground up, it was about a quarters worth, and he said he picked it up that way. I asked him why he did it and he said that he hates braking weed up so its easier to do it that way, and i thought to myself that it is a good principle, but really, ive had too many issues with weed getting to dry on hand for me to want to have all of it preground.
    when you learn to walk on the planes of existence, you can learn to run on the planet of earth

au revoir

maxsuperdanks is offline Registered+
    I'd never buy my weed pre broken up....
    You've got to be the change you want to see in the world, so I do what I want. I cannot force others to accept me, I can only lead by example and be righteous and stick to my convictions with integrity in hopes they'll dig what I'm about and join in too.

Stoner Shadow Wolf is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy8778 View Post
    well, it depends on the circumstances. First, if you have say an O and you are going to smoke it over a month, i wouldnt grind/break it up first, it helps to keep it fresher. If your going out of town for a weekend and you want to pack light and grind it up first its no big deal. The more ground up it is the more surface area there is to dry out quicker, so if you wanna keep your weed fresh keep it nuggeted. if you want convience then grind it up, just grind up enough for a day or two though to preserve freshness.

that's my answer in a nutshell!
    Quote Originally Posted by veggii View Post
    as there are no pms on this website
    The earth is my bible, the harvest, my Christ. God is the life within me and all things outside me.