Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoked Weed for the first time - Didn't get high

bugmenot11 is offline Registered+

Smoked Weed for the first time - Didn't get high

Last night I tried weed for the first time with a good friend of mine.
    We were at my place, and it was all very quiet, and there was nothing at all stressing about the place.

We had 2 joints of some of the best quality weed you can find (I don't feel comfortable going into details).

So we each took our first hit, and yes before you ask, we do know how to smoke. We inhaled it into our lungs, and coughed like shit, but didn't really feel anything.

So we just kept smoking and smoking... and we ended up finishing both of the joints.

We were feeling kinda tipsy at best (like after 2 bottles of beer). It's not that the weed didn't have ANY effect on us... it just wasn't all that great.

I just wanted to know: Did we just have some sort of horrible misconception about the actual effects of weed? Or do we just have some sort of natural resistance to cannabis? For the record, those were some pretty fat joints.

I'm kinda new to all this, so go easy on me!
    Last edited by bugmenot11; Aug-21-2010 at 17:22. Reason: Spelling mistakes... I suck

Arkwell is offline Registered

hmm

id say try it again :/
    i know the first time i blazed i got stupid high..i doubt you have some natural resiliance to it, i have heard of people not getting high the first time

bighitz is offline Registered
    Most people don't get high on their first time. Probably because they are scared to have as much weed as needed to get sufficiently high. Try smoking a few more joints next time.

kelcierin is offline Registered

yee

yeah, you're not going to get high the first time because your body doesn't really kno what to do with it. it's never been in there before, so your body is kind of thinking wtf? the more you smoke it the more it'll understand, and you'll eventually be super blitzed

COzigzag is offline Registered+
    It took me about 3-5 tries before I felt the high.

The first few times my head felt somewhat like it was in a vise, I was a little cross eyed, and the top of my head felt a little tingly.

I didn't feel high though and really had to wonder about this 'high' thing.

gypski is offline Registered+
    When you feel like you are moving in slow motion after you get ripped, then you will know you are in stoned land. Best feeling in the world. :

kshchrn831 is offline Registered+
    Yeah, Gypski has explained it good enough.

First couple of times I smoked, didnt get too high, it felt something but it was nothing to praise..

Then I smoked out of a nice glass pipe, and took at least 4-5 massive rips and I was completely ripped. Everything felt so extremely slow motion that I was experiencing every moment in what felt like a movie strip being played slow motion, frame by frame... hard to explain but man I wish I could get that high still..

VapedG13 is offline Registered+
    should have used a vaporizer...works everytime..

alot of newbies i deal with try my volcano as their first way of getting high and it works (I think its beause you get more thc vaping than smoking)
    Last edited by VapedG13; Aug-22-2010 at 10:23.

drudown11 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by gypski View Post
    When you feel like you are moving in slow motion after you get ripped, then you will know you are in stoned land. Best feeling in the world. :

Humans dont have a natural resistance to cannabis, and even most animals will get stoned. Either it was very good qaulity weed, you didnt smoke enough, or you didn't inhale it.

If you smoke a big ass doobie of some dank you will get stoned!!!(hell i have a tolernace through the roof and that will get me stoned)

the first time I got high was the happiest and most enjoyable experience of my life. Everything wwas in slow motion and I couldnt stop laughing, smiling, and eating.

Keep on toking and you will see the light. You will be mystified that something on earth can make you "feel" this way(mushrooms do the same thing but sometimes in a bad way)
    Whoever created this universe left marijuana as a gift to the earth, im just being grateful.

bigtopsfinn is offline Registered+
    Took me a couple times before I saw the light
    99% of the growing info you need can be found here: Cdot grow guide and FAQs

Completed grow logs:
    First grow - LST'd Trainwreck -- Two Trainwrecks in SCRog -- Finn'SCRog 2010

BlueBlazer is offline Registered+
    I got stoned the first time I tried it. I was very apprehensive, but once I got high my thoughts raced while I experienced such a calm, warm feeling. I remember thinking, this is the greatest thing in the world. Everything I've ever been told about pot is wrong, wrong, holy shit it's wrong!

My first time was with Tai Stick, which was significantly more potent than the Mexican that much more prevalent then. Therefore I have no way of knowing what would have happened if I would have smoked a less potent weed. Still, I suspect first timers who don't get high are usually being ripped off and are too "new" to know it. Either that or just low quality weed.
    Cold hearted orb that rules the night
    Removes the colors from our sight
    Red is grey and yellow white
    Yet we decide which is right

and which is an illusion

TheChameleon is offline Registered+
    How come we all try again??? there must be something good!!!
    For Sale
    One Used Violin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlazer View Post
    My first time was with Tai Stick, which was significantly more potent than the Mexican that much more prevalent then.
    There was a story I read somewhere about the real Thai Stick being dipped in opium. Something about how a high percentage of the soldiers coming back from the region tested positive for opiates...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlazer View Post
    Still, I suspect first timers who don't get high are usually being ripped off and are too "new" to know it. Either that or just low quality weed.
    I don't think that's the case, cuz everyone else smoking with me was baked. They were almost pissed off that I wasn't high. But I heard it from several people that the first time doesn't work for everyone, so I just kept at it until it did... and then some

Completed grow logs:

BlueBlazer is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtopsfinn View Post
    There was a story I read somewhere about the real Thai Stick being dipped in opium. Something about how a high percentage of the soldiers coming back from the region tested positive for opiates...
    First I've heard of that. I rather doubt the Thai Stick I smoked was dipped in opium. I've tried opium and it was a completely different high. Thai Stick didn't need to be dipped in opium IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtopsfinn View Post
    I don't think that's the case, cuz everyone else smoking with me was baked. They were almost pissed off that I wasn't high. But I heard it from several people that the first time doesn't work for everyone, so I just kept at it until it did... and then some
    If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.
    Cold hearted orb that rules the night
    Removes the colors from our sight
    Red is grey and yellow white
    Yet we decide which is right

and which is an illusion

Ocotillo is offline Registered+
    Yes, there is an old theory that many won't get stoned the first time. That probably explains your non reaction to it.

For me? I "borrowed" a piece of my brothers home grown leafy stuff back in the day. I knew right away I was onto some thing good.

bugmenot11 is offline Registered+
    Wow, thanks a-lot for all your responses guys
    I guess I'll just try it again soon... maybe even tomorrow, and hope that what some of you have said is correct (that it's hard to get stoned the first time around).

While we're on the subject, I basically had 2 joints already rolled neatly with a filter and everything... now I have about 10 grams in simple leaf form.

Any tips on how to properly roll it into a joint? I know I need to add a small amount of tobacco... any advice on the Tobacco:Cannabis ratio I should be using?

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot11 View Post
    I guess I'll just try it again soon... maybe even tomorrow, and hope that what some of you have said is correct (that it's hard to get stoned the first time around).

While we're on the subject, I basically had 2 joints already rolled neatly with a filter and everything... now I have about 10 grams in simple leaf form.

Any tips on how to properly roll it into a joint? I know I need to add a small amount of tobacco... any advice on the Tobacco:Cannabis ratio I should be using?
    What kind of filter are you talking about? The kind for cigs will filter out the good stuff. I just take some thin cardboard and roll it to size.

As for the tobacco, if the weed is properly dried it shouldn't need any. Personally I use about a 5:1 weed:tobacco ratio. My Spanish friends used about 1:1. I don't smoke theirs

You say you're smoking leaves... leaves can get me high but nothing like buds. Got a pic of your stash?

Completed grow logs:

koshea is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot11 View Post

dude....if there are leaves in your bag, like...big green whole leaves, you got ripped off nasty....you want the buds. dont mix it with tobacco. please. that destroys the flavor and feeling of the weed smoke. i smoke cigs and pot but never tobacco in my blunts/joints. once you learn how to roll it will burn evenly without tobaco
    If your not wasted.
    The day is.

Gifted132 is offline Registered

hey

When you try it again make sure your not in a tree! The 2nd time I smoked I happend to be in a tree,not a good idea, long way down! But did not feel becuase I was laughing my ass off ! Once you get stoned you will never go back, a real eye opener.

mugenbao is offline Registered+
    I didn't get high the first several times I tried it. I've been around pot since the day I was born, and had seen all of my adult relatives get ripped, baby sitters, etc. So when I tried it and nothing much happened, I was fairly unimpressed. (BTW, that experience really made me doubt all of the D.A.R.E.-style fear tactics and 'drug education' in school)

But it was always around, and my friends were interested, so I tried it again a few times. And let me tell ya, when it really hit me for the first time, I was duly impressed. Glued to the floor giggling my damned ass off.

My wife just tried cannabis for the first time a couple months back (mmj for a terminal condition), and didn't really notice anything at the time either. After about the third time she realized that everything was slower and happier, and that she was thinking very deeply about everything, not just things that were interesting.

After that, she can absolutely get a buzz every time. In fact, it's been overwhelming for her at times, and if it didn't help with her condition I'm quite sure she'd smoke a whole lot less, hehe.

I've known plenty of people who got hammered the very first time, too. I don't know why it's that way for some people and not others, but I've never known anybody who failed to get hammered after a few tries.

Last edited by mugenbao; Sep-10-2010 at 11:01.

smokealot123 is offline Registered+
    you may not know this but you can be in the most stressfull place amagineable < lol now i know that is not spelled correct but i tried.. but when you light up lets say a nice joint of bubblegum kush or any kush thats grown properly you will get baked.. i know because i have tested this method lots when i am teaming with stress and it always works.. my advise to you is lay off the niper and get some real dank, that is unless you just took a tiny puff, some weed even dank weed sometimes have to be apreciated with respect as it is not like super human where it can telepathically lol get u baked... u have to smoke inhale hold and i usually let it out into my nose so it goes directly to my brain lol
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Be nice to people on your way up, because you may meet them on your way down.”

i smoke my roach before i smoke my joint !

WARNING !! i suck at speling !! WARNING

Quote Originally Posted by koshea View Post
    dude....if there are leaves in your bag, like...big green whole leaves, you got ripped off nasty....you want the buds. dont mix it with tobacco. please. that destroys the flavor and feeling of the weed smoke. i smoke cigs and pot but never tobacco in my blunts/joints. once you learn how to roll it will burn evenly without tobaco
    thats funny i know a medical patient (cool guy) who mixes his joints with at least 50 % tobacco to reduse the harshness.. i could never add that much but i do add some and u know what i always have faith that my weed will always overpower a bit of batch...

lil josh is offline Registered+
    mate its the filter that done it. Ive heard the story about people not getting high their first time, tbh i cant remember my first time but i do know that putting a filter in your joint WILL filter out alot of the thc.

Like someone before me said, just roll abit of thin card into a a lil tube and put that where you put the filter, you want it about --- that wide and about ------- that long.

Personally i mix cigarette tobaco with my joints, mainly because i only ever use king sized rizla meaning 1 joint would use about 1-2g of weed and seen as im not growing i cant afford that right now as i like to have 4-5 joints a night. i use about half a cigerette per joint.

Dont give up, its worth it.
    Have fun and enjoy weed responsibly.
    I look at weed as a hobbie not an addiction..why? Because weed is a hobbie not an addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblerGambler
    The stupid nurse actually believed me when I told her I could walk on my own. I showed her.
    Muslims Have Mekka, Christians Have Jerusalem, Stoners Have Amsterdam

Password= legalise

Quote Originally Posted by lil josh View Post
    mate its the filter that done it. Ive heard the story about people not getting high their first time, tbh i cant remember my first time but i do know that putting a filter in your joint WILL filter out alot of the thc.

Like someone before me said, just roll abit of thin card into a a lil tube and put that where you put the filter, you want it about --- that wide and about ------- that long.

Personally i mix cigarette tobaco with my joints, mainly because i only ever use king sized rizla meaning 1 joint would use about 1-2g of weed and seen as im not growing i cant afford that right now as i like to have 4-5 joints a night. i use about half a cigerette per joint.

Dont give up, its worth it.
    4 1 gram joints a night ? wow.. if i smoked 1, 1 gram joint im baked untill morning.. and i smoke evryday a fat joint to me is .4 - .6 and i rolled .5 joints that are bigger than my king sized smokes.. lol but i guess i did smoke those huge joints before.. my favorite is a really long cone lol i can make 1 burn for a long time

Xyz505 is offline Registered+
    first time i tryed it i rember i didnt get high so i kept telling the guy to keep packing it so we kept smoking and smoking for hours after we were both laying almost passed out and he ask me if i was high i said no yea i was gone but i wanted more it was like love at first puff but anyway yea we smoked alot
    It is the eye of other people that ruin us. If I were blind I would want, neither fine clothes, fine houses or fine furniture.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast