Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storing Weed

mixmandan is offline Registered

Storing Weed

I've brought an ounce of white widow and would like to know the best way of storing it to keep it in top condition. I've been told you can freeze it or stick it in the fridge and someone else said to put a piece of potato in with it to keep it from drying out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA

Dan

jupiter is offline Registered

freeze it

freezing is fine for conservating weed
    a peace of potatoe should do fine but in my opinion, storing it in a vacuum bag is better...

in a vacuum bag in the freezer of course! ! !

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by mixmandan
    I've brought an ounce of white widow and would like to know the best way of storing it to keep it in top condition. I've been told you can freeze it or stick it in the fridge and someone else said to put a piece of potato in with it to keep it from drying out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA

Dan
    dont put no potatoe with your shit for long periods of storing
    moe than a day or two n that shit could get moldy

OrangeHairs INC is offline Registered+
    Yeah man consider yourself lucky if it drys. If you keep it in a plastic bag with the moisture that shits gonna go moldy. I know from personal experiance. Put it in a paper bag or something. Or you could just smoke it all before you even have a chance to think about it.
    I got 5 on it. I got 5, Whatcha got ni**a?Damn I think i got 2 bucks in my sock ni**a. Well thats that, f*uck I think i got 3 bucks in my back pack enough to get a fat sack!

I've put a bit in a couple of bags in the freezer and the rest wrapped up in several bags and put it in an airtight container I usually use for my peanuts. Hope I don't smoke the peanuts by mistake;
    I'll keep you apprised on if it stays alright.

I'm also after some seeds to grow at home; I live in a flat so I'm limited on space and don't have a cupboard that I can fit a light into. Basically, I'm going to be limited in growing it in a pot in my kitchen near the window which gets good sunlight all day (when the sun actually does come out).

Are there seeds that work better in these conditions?

TIA

Dan

duppy man is offline Registered+
    when completely dry store your buds in a air tight jar stored in a cool dark place,,this method works for me take out and use when required check on a regular basis.. for any signs of mould you can smell it before u see it...hope this has been of some help

ndhawk is offline Registered+
    I just put my bud in baggies and put them in a dark place, ive never had any problems

duppy man is offline Registered+
    however you store your buds make sure its good to toke if you detect any mould or sign of damp..discard its not worth smoking...no matter how good it was originally
    I go to sleep and dream
    I wake and dream some more.
    Duppyman

junkboxer is offline Registered+
    if you vaccum pack your buds and put them in a dark place......if theres any bit of moisture wont it mold no matter what? and if you put it in the freezer does it matter how cold it gets. i have a mini fridge in my room which has a freezer that is crazy cold.....gives me ice cubes in about 15 to 20 min. is that fine?

Lovinhigh is offline Registered+
    best to make sure the stuff is DRY before storing away. cure the stuff properly and you will be thankful later. Storing in a vacuum seal is such a great idea, and if stored in a freezer you shouldn't have moldy problems later on. Mold cannot grow in freezing conditions, so your freezer is a-ok. Make sure to store your stuff in a comfortable, room-temperature setting when you're ready to take your stuff from the freezer to use. Before you smoke (or give to someone else to smoke) make sure your stuff is dry and that it smells okay. If it doesn't smell quite right or if it looks and feels that something is wrong then, of course, don't smoke it. Good luck.

sawleaf is offline Registered+
    Airtight mason jars are the best way to store your buds. Plastic baggies are charged with static electricity that pulls off a lot of the tricomes. Why do you think your baggies always look hazy afterwards. Seal the buds in canning mason jars and keep them in a cool dark place. The fridge is fine.
    You are the deciding factor in your life!

Alternative05 is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by sawleaf
    Airtight mason jars are the best way to store your buds. Plastic baggies are charged with static electricity that pulls off a lot of the tricomes. Why do you think your baggies always look hazy afterwards. Seal the buds in canning mason jars and keep them in a cool dark place. The fridge is fine.
    i think this guys seems to know his shit... oh by the way..im tim, and im am stoned outta this world..haha but fo serious, this method works pretty good.

YES
    YES is offline Registered+
    I keep my weed in tin containers. Works fine. I have all different size containers too.
    Ive never had moldy weed.
    "...To be peaceful without being stupid, to be interested without being compulsive, to be happy without being hysterical, smoke grass..."

" A wondrous languor... possesses itself of your spirit, and spreads itself across your faculties as a fog spreads itself in a meadow... Hashish spreads itself all over life; as it were, the magic varnish. It colours it with solemn hues and lights up its profundity." - Charles Baudelaire, 'The Poem Of Hashish.

What is this war?

tokinsmoke is offline Registered+
    if u put it in a paper bag its gonna
    dry out...

and u gotta watch it cuz if ya put
    it in a paper bag move it around cuz
    it will mold...

peace
    sex, drugs, rock & roll
    speed, weed, birth control
    lifes a bitch and the ya die
    fuck the world and lets get high

Durden is offline Registered+
    I use a food saverjar and the foodsaver to suck the air out.
    (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...02446?v=glance)

del... is offline Registered+
    for long term storage glass with an air-tight seal is best (mason or fruit canning jars). do not store in the freezer...freezing bursts cells and adds to degeneration. use the fridge, out of the way on a lower shelf or any dark, cool spot...like the floor of a closet. plastic bags and tupperware (along with tins) are not air tight and the flowers will keep on drying out over time. do not add fruit or veggies unless you are restoring overdried bud, and then only just until the desired humidity is put back...then remove the fruit/vegetable.

once your finished product is properly cured it will retain some moisture but still be plenty dry to roll or load the bowl. totally dry is not good and will lead to more rapid degeneration.

caralina bud man is offline Registered

storeing

just two words MASON JARS!!lol

roll it up is offline Registered+
    straight up.mason work good for me.i use baggies for small amounts like a gram,and if i dont got a baggie or anything i put it in my dank tank(film canister)

waco33 is offline Registered

Talking Idea?

I have and Idea and I would like some input, please. i am going to harvest soon and this is my virginity we are talking about. I recently bought a vaccume seeler and was woundering after I let my buds dry correctly, if when I seel them, if it would be a good idea to put a orange peel or apple peel in the bag. Im thinking, put the slice twards the end so that it doesnt acctualy touch the buds.
    do you think this would be a great way to get some sented aroma from you buds, or will it just cause problems with hydration to the buds, and cause mold. thanks for your reply.

guesthere is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Alternative05 View Post
    i think this guys seems to know his shit... oh by the way..im tim, and im am stoned outta this world..haha but fo serious, this method works pretty good.
    your avvy makes my mouth pretty much orgasim

SpAce420 is offline Registered+
    Never had pot around long enough to worry about long term storage Thanks for the tips if I ever do, though.

I like iceberg lettuce the best for rehydrating dry herb. It's mostly water and adds no flavoring. If my bud is less than the greatest flavor(mexican dirt for example, I really gotta start growing my own) I add a piece of orange peel. Magic!
    I smoke 2 joints in time of peace, and 2 in time of war. I smoke 2 joints before I smoke 2 joints, and then I smoke 2 more........
    -Sublime

All information contained in the above post is for entertainment only. Actual use of illegal substances should not be inferred.

nicholax1 is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SpAce420 View Post
    Never had pot around long enough to worry about long term storage Thanks for the tips if I ever do, though.

I like iceberg lettuce the best for rehydrating dry herb. It's mostly water and adds no flavoring. If my bud is less than the greatest flavor(mexican dirt for example, I really gotta start growing my own) I add a piece of orange peel. Magic!
    lol... Sublime didn't originate Smoke Two Joints, Bob Marley did, they don't even compare, fix that shit.

kranelegs is offline Registered

toyes man

it was the toyes who first wrote the song smoke two joints.

Dutch Pimp is online now Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by del... View Post
    for long term storage glass with an air-tight seal is best (mason or fruit canning jars). do not store in the freezer...freezing bursts cells and adds to degeneration. use the fridge, out of the way on a lower shelf or any dark, cool spot...like the floor of a closet. plastic bags and tupperware (along with tins) are not air tight and the flowers will keep on drying out over time. do not add fruit or veggies unless you are restoring overdried bud, and then only just until the desired humidity is put back...then remove the fruit/vegetable.

once your finished product is properly cured it will retain some moisture but still be plenty dry to roll or load the bowl. totally dry is not good and will lead to more rapid degeneration.

and you can take that to the bank...del, was the MAN, back in the day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast