Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Can You Stop Your Lips From Getting Dark If you Smoke?

Moneybags is offline Registered

Question How Can You Stop Your Lips From Getting Dark If you Smoke?

What's up ? I'm 24 male and about to get head shots taken and my lips are darker. It doesn't look bad you would'nt know I smoke if I didn't mention it, but I was looking at some pic's of myself from about 2or3 years ago and my lips were pinker. I don't want them to get darker then this so I was wondering is there something I can use to make them lighter or stop them from getting darker. If not I'm willing to stop smoking only if my lips will improve if not then I don't know what to do. HELP??????????

amsterdam is offline Registered+
    head shots taken?ok whatever.

im 26 and have been smoking since i was 13 and have never ever had my lips go dark.ive heard people speaking of this but never seen it.
    "even if one takes every reefer madness allegation of the prohibitionists at face value,marijuana prohibition has done far more harm to far more people than marijuana ever could."

William F. Buckley Jr.

Takingsunday21 is offline Registered+
    Yeah, I know a guy who's lips look unnaturally pink and he's been smoking for a long while. Maybe your lips are just getting darker naturally, it may not have anything to do with smoking.

You could wear a lip gloss or lipstick I guess? They do have make-up for men out now.
    "Hey, Lois, look! The two symbols of the Republican party: an elephant and a big fat white guy who's threatened by change."- Peter, Family Guy

ermitonto is offline Banned
    Umm...see a doctor? I dunno, I've never seen a smoker with darkened lips.

What was the point of your reply amesterdam? The first part of your reply displays how people have nothing better to do but hate others. I'm not even famous yet, you don't even know me at look at the hate in face.

calve is offline Registered+
    actually I was just wondering about this same problem for awhile now, I think its cuase our lips are so dry from alll that smoiking. Mine just got darker and darker all of a sudden then i asked myself why. Then i came to realize my lips were all crusted and wrinkly Use chap stick before and after you smoke, that definitely helps it, i think..

ermitonto is offline Banned
    Hate? I don't hate you. I don't even know who you are. I'm just saying, if your lips are getting darker, I don't know what could be causing that.

Thanks for all the positive replys. I smoke dutches and I have smooth lips but there darker I already use shabutter I just wanted to know if there was something that was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneybags
    What was the point of your reply amesterdam? The first part of your reply displays how people have nothing better to do but hate others. I'm not even famous yet, you don't even know me at look at the hate in face.

gee sorry "moneybags"

i said i had never heard of such a thing,give the ego a rest mr. not famous yet.
    "even if one takes every reefer madness allegation of the prohibitionists at face value,marijuana prohibition has done far more harm to far more people than marijuana ever could."

William F. Buckley Jr.

sToNeDpEnGuIn420 is offline Registered+
    My lips sometimes get back lines on them, from smoking. ONly happens occasionally more from Joints and blunts then anything. But those lines go away if i just wipe them away. Its kinda like the old skin on ur lip that can come off if u rub it away, and that turns black from smoking. Just what happens to me.
    I Love my baby sasha marie....last name pending
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotten.com
    Meth is the shortest word in the English language one can lisp while drunk and underage at a gay bar.
    A quote im drunk decidiing."I think when peole are around they are just the image your mind projects and you can somehow manuiplate this but i dont belive i have the power to.
    if we all just danced as one it would equal the same as if we danced alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ermitonto
    Hate? I don't hate you. I don't even know who you are. I'm just saying, if your lips are getting darker, I don't know what could be causing that.
    That wasn't to you.

del... is offline Registered+
    damn bags, there's no hate up there! just a few replies comiserating or adding commentary...granted not useful as an answer for you but still no one is being disrepectful and everyone has been on-topic so far. thicken up that skin...

Quote Originally Posted by del...
    damn bags, there's no hate up there! just a few replies comiserating or adding commentary...granted not useful as an answer for you but still no one is being disrepectful and everyone has been on-topic so far. thicken up that skin...
    That reply was sent to amsterdam for that (head shots? Ok whatever) no one else.

Nochowderforyou is offline Registered+
    Sensitive folk here. Chill out, smoke one, or two. By "headshots", what do you mean you're about to have them taken? Like an x-ray or something? Or you've been punched in the head a lot?

Anyways...I have never seen, or heard of this. My dad is 53, been smoking (weed) since '72, no dark lips. I know plenty of people who've been smoking for over 10yrs who don't have dark lips. It's not something I would worry about, who cares if your lips are darker. Slap on some chap-stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneybags
    That reply was sent to amsterdam for that (head shots? Ok whatever) no one else.

that in no way was rude.

William F. Buckley Jr.

obviously he doesn't know what they are, hence the question mark...no dissing

try some rubbing alcohol on a white washcloth...if nothing rubs off on the cloth the staining is not from pot.

Nochowderforyou is offline Registered+
    Do you smoke ciggs Moneybags? That might do it. I know when I smoked ciggs, my fingers would be yellow, my moustache under my nose was yellow. Nasty stuff. Quit if you're smoking cigs...

I just did the alcohol thing and an little brown was on the cloth. I don't smoke cigs just dutches. (I apologize amsterdam if you were just inquiring and not hating)

Takingsunday21 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by amsterdam
    gee sorry "moneybags"

i said i had never heard of such a thing,give the ego a rest mr. not famous yet.
    HAHA, that was funny! It reminds me of something a friend of mine from soccer would say.
    "Hey, Lois, look! The two symbols of the Republican party: an elephant and a big fat white guy who's threatened by change."- Peter, Family Guy

Quote Originally Posted by del...
    obviously he doesn't know what they are, hence the question mark...no dissing

hahaha,i knew exactly what he was talking about,i just thought it sounded goofy with some person going by the name moneybags talking about getting head shots,priceless,no offence.

William F. Buckley Jr.

mellow mood is offline Banned
    i dont see why your lips are gettin darker. unless you dont wash em, maybe its just an accumulation of resin after the years... LOL jk

sorry cant help ya but i doubt theyre gonna get darker

when i toked on mostly j's, sometimes i'd get a glob of goo from the end but can't recall it ever being a long term prob (embarrassing at times tho)...i burn bowls now and as long as the pipe stays clean no resin drips out...unless it gets left sitting in the direct sun. then it's a fuckin mess! anyway, back to cleaning lips...toothpaste rubbed into a wet washcloth will take it off...along with more alcohol-soaked washcloths.

pecose is offline Registered
    I too have the black lips from smoking...sure, not everyone has this problem. I have inquired about this matter on several sites but not much help has come from it...
    Moneybags, check out indiaparenting.com, type black lips into the search bar, then go the title lip sync (I think), they have some good recomendation.
    Yea, not all smokers (weed or cigs) get the lip problem (PS- its not from resin), I'm still trying to figure it out. I have an appointment with my doc next week...I'll write back as to what he says....

pecose is offline Registered
    Del...you might wanna update the year rgistered on you CPU...2004?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast