Cannabis.com

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By orangeman

Thread: Orange Hairs/Identifying Good Weed

The Trickster is offline Registered+

Orange Hairs/Identifying Good Weed

Hey all, was wondering if you could help me out, I'm tryin to educate myself on weed as best I can because they're zero honest dealers around here, they all cross you in a second if it means more money. I recently bought a quarter of some green from a new guy, my second time buying from em. The stuff was covered in orange, so I assumed great bud. Well it turns out that this stuff's no good, I saw very little crystal on it as I broke it up, and it took me about 3 and a half bowls to be done, and one bowl is usually enough for me of the mids I got. So basically I got ripped off from him selling me crap as KB. SOOOOO how exactly can I identify good weed, does all KB have crystal? And what exactly does orange hairs meen, are they THC producing glands, are they more potent that the green part of the bud, or what?

Also, this stuff seems very indica dominant, dark green, lotsa orange. People say that indica gives more of a body high than a brain high, but I like smoking till im buzzing so hard I cant talk, was I expecting too much from an Indica and missed out on some of the body high or what?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

wordddddd is offline Registered+
    Ha. sucks. the hardest part is identifying the KB or beasters. those are the stanard weeds that dealers who want money push.

i remember when i didnt know so ill help you out...beasters tend to be average looking...some green, a good amount of orange hairs, really fluffy and kind of moist. theyre standard.

easy answer to good weed: lots of crystals. the more crystals the better. as far as orange hairs vs. green weed, usually the orange hairs are a sign that the bud didnt develop fully, but im holding in my hand some haze that RULES and it still has some red hairs on it, so it doesnt really matter. lime green and crystal COATED is always a good sign....look for small (about the size of keyboard keys) crystal COVERED weed...thats the good stuff. other than that, smoke it and find out hahaha
    KEEP IT REAL

yea, that sounds right, considering this stuff was damp and I had to set it in the sun to dry it out before I wanted to smoke it, thanks a bunch though man, so a bud absolutely covered in orange hairs had potential but was picked too early, right?

Psychonaut28 is offline Registered+
    Alls orange hair are are the pistels that were white when it was chopped, so if it was chopped when all the (or most of) the pistels were white, it was chopped early. hope that makes sinse.
    Just Doob It!

m.g. is offline Banned
    drying in sunlight is never good...it's best to dry in a dark closet and for a little quicker dry open both closet doors a bit so air flows through (or put inside a paper sack and close for 24 hours for an even quicker natural dry). you shouldn't see much color change until after curing but a simple air dry shouldn't have much change.

notrightquite is offline Registered+
    That sounds like it may have been great weed ... that was already used for making bubble hash ... haha, which I've baught once. It sucked.

orangeman is offline Banned
    The orange hairs are just the pistils that are meant for catching pollen so of course it would have trichomes on them because pollen needs to stick to the pistils when the pistils retract back and produce a seed or w/e but when you get bud just look at it in the sun, it's the best light for looking at bud. When you turn it at different angles you should see the bud sparkle a bit. Also if you dont have alot of those pistils (orange hairs) dont worry, trichomes also develop on the bud's so those can get you high as well. I hope this helps you out, and if you continue to get weed that does nothing to you then go to some one else.

Also drying in sun destroys the trichomes thus making it less potent so you shouldnt do this .
    SiMonAmSterDam likes this.

You cant always judge weed by its look...

Ive had some schwagg lookin bud but it turned out to be blueberry or atleast had a blueberry flavor

Dont judge a book by its cover. Buy it, test it, if its shit, dont buy it again...

Quote Originally Posted by HazardousToking
    You cant always judge weed by its look...

Ive had some schwagg lookin bud but it turned out to be blueberry or atleast had a blueberry flavor

Dont judge a book by its cover. Buy it, test it, if its shit, dont buy it again...
    Yeah, thats what I was basically trying to say lol.

Jay Matix is offline Registered+
    Yea you really can't tell just by looks

you gotta smell it (smells potent then usually its good)
    touch (get a very small leave and rub it, if it's sticky it has high THC which is really good)
    smoke it (this is the best way)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Matix

touch (get a very small leave and rub it, if it's sticky it has high THC which is really good)
    Lol usually I dont have to rub it, when I break it up my thumb usually gets a hold of the bud and when it releases from my thumbs you can feel what was stickiness, I love that shit lol.
    Last edited by orangeman; Jun-15-2006 at 19:07.

Jay Matix is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeman
    Lol usually I dont have to rub it, when I break it up my thumb usually gets a hold of the bud and when it releases from my thumbs you can feel what was stickiness, I love that shit lol.
    haha yea same here. sitckiness is great. and you know ur gonna get super faded when it's real sticky

rainbows.rsexy is offline Registered+
    ya gotta actually try vap/smoke the bud.....

ice bud is some of the most obviously tric'd bud, but it is still not as potent as white idow or white russian.

the orange hair's purpose is to collect pollen from male plants.

The trics (mushroom looking sacks) are what contain the largest percentage of thc. they usually are clear to white looking and appear as "frost" on many strains of bud from around foot away

get a magnifying glass and you'll see the "shroom"

CLICK THE IMAGE TO SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orange Hairs/Identifying Good Weed-destroyer.jpg  

Thanks a bunch for the info dudez, How much do you think the sunlight destroys thc? And the bud I usually get is pretty sticky. But quick question on the comparisson of indica to sativa, I thought that the indica weeds didnt get as many trichomes on them, is that true? And if so, does that meen its less potent. I remember reading that indica gets more canabinoids. How much of your high is determined from the other canabinoids sides thc?

Quote Originally Posted by rainbows.rsexy
    The trics (mushroom looking sacks) are what contain the largest percentage of thc. they usually are clear to white looking and appear as "frost" on many strains of bud from around foot away

get a magnifying glass and you'll see the "shroom"
    The actual name for the head that contains the THC and shit is called the capitated-stalk..thats the correct term for the head that looks like a mushroom on that makes up part of the trichome gland.
    Last edited by orangeman; Jun-15-2006 at 19:24.

rainbows.rsexy is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by The Trickster
    Thanks a bunch for the info dudez, How much do you think the sunlight destroys thc? And the bud I usually get is pretty sticky. But quick question on the comparisson of indica to sativa, I thought that the indica weeds didnt get as many trichomes on them, is that true? And if so, does that meen its less potent. I remember reading that indica gets more canabinoids. How much of your high is determined from the other canabinoids sides thc?
    I don't know about sunlight

indica supposedly has larger trics....I found this out because one of those bubble bag companies recommended the larger mesh size for indicas

the only other cannaboids that I have read about have the effect of causing couch lock

more common in idicas as opposed to sativas.

Heres a classic example of some bud that you cant judge on looks. It looks like just some regs but it blew me away with a creeper high...

gotta smoke the shit to be sure...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orange Hairs/Identifying Good Weed-img_0058.jpg  

minnesota man is offline Registered+
    That's great. I found my new background image. I can smell it!

Nice new av rainbows.rsexy
    Last edited by minnesota man; Jun-17-2006 at 01:46.

6 grams of some creeper, Id give it at 7/10
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orange Hairs/Identifying Good Weed-img_0055.jpg   Orange Hairs/Identifying Good Weed-img_0035.jpg  

HT, I'm kind of freakin. Wanna play some fuggin chess.

Turtle Shell...I;m havin a ciggy
    Last edited by minnesota man; Jun-17-2006 at 02:19.

sure, lemme burn one, find a open room

Turtle Shell

Quote Originally Posted by HazardousToking
    Heres a classic example of some bud that you cant judge on looks. It looks like just some regs but it blew me away with a creeper high...

gotta smoke the shit to be sure...
    Now that looks like some good shit.

TheShastaCoMan is offline Registered
    one more thing. you cant tell potency by the smell. ive grown/had bud that was so stinky you couldnt bust a piece in the house without everyone two doors down in both directions knowing what your doing, ad had it be some of the worst shit i ever had/smoked/grew

ive also had bud with VERY LITTLE smell ( i mean it darn near smelled benign, like it had no smell at all, even when broken or crushed) that was true one hit put you on your ass shit.

ive had bud that was so sticky it literally bubbled when you hit it with a lighter and had to smoke 3-4 bowls to get high. ive also had bud that looked to be near devoid of trichs that was as i said earlier, one hit sit all the way fire bud.

problem you run into is genetics and breeding. of course, trichomes play a huge part in the potency of your bud, but not always. i grew some bag seed years ago that had huge tight buds so frosted they literally looked like they had been snowed on ( still have some of those seeds too). the trichs were some of the biggest id ever seen. you could see the trich heads color ect without a magnifying glass. if you brushed against it, it was so sticky you had to literally clean the spot with alcohol, cause if you didnt it collected dirt and looked like you brushed up against a pine tree and had pine sap all over you. when it dried, when you went to break it up, pieces of resin flaked off like a glazed donut. problem is it wasnt very potent at all. sure was a great seller though. i had one guy buy every single piece of it, even after i told him it wasnt very good. he came back about a month later and said "you were right, it wasnt very strong", all i could tell him was i told you so.

i had another plant ( cant remeber the name but ill look in my logs) that went right up to the end of its cycle and hardly had any stickies at all, but man, that shit was so strong i couldnt smoke more than a hit or two or id have to go lay down the body stone was so heavy you couldnt hardly move. ( the wife loved it and hated it cause when she smoked it i could do anything and everyting i wanted to her and she couldnt do a thing, and hardly remebered shit the next day except she was sore in places she shouldnt have been .....BAWHAHAH!)

ANYWAY, with inbreeding,cross breeding,ect we have today with everyone trying to get their own strains going, my #1 recomendation ( this is what i did with my customers) is ask your dealer if he would share a bowl with ya, or if he doesnt want to smoke at that time, if you could pinch a small bud and take a couple of hits. that should be enough right there to tell you what hes got, especially if he has several different strains at once. ask him for a small "sample bag" of each one, maybe a couple of bucks of each worth with the assurance that f its as good as "he SAYS" it is, youll come back and buy a fat sak. generally legit dealers wont have any problem with that at all. years ago, we used to roll what we called "pinners" (most of you younger guys probably never heard of them, that was back when they actually sold nickels and dimes, none of the "by the gram" shit) for customers to sample. all they are is a joint rolled up with about 2 -3 hits worth of weed in them. we would hand them out to people who wanted to "try before you buy" or as party favors. got alot of customers that way. you could roll up about 3 bucks worth of weed in pinners and that would be enough to doubl your sales most times, but back then, there wasnt muc bunk crap going around like there is today (at least we didnt see much). if the guy says "hell no, buy or fly!", then thank him and fly. DONT piss him off or burn any bridges cause one day he might be the only one in the neighborhood with decent weed, or any weed for that matter.

hope this helped anyone out who reads it yea, i know its an old thread, but had to give my 2 cents worth