Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stoner vs. Pothead

Wintersweet is offline Registered+

Stoner vs. Pothead

What, to you, is the difference between a stoner and a pothead? Or is there any difference?

To me, a stoner is the average toker. Your average group of smokin' friends. You like getting stoned and hangin with your friends, just having a good time.

But a pothead...I don't like. When I think of pothead, I think of those smokers who spend all their free time smokin, with not a care in the world about their responsibilities, who'd blow all their extra money on weed. The lazy, stereotypical ones.
    Sit back, relax, and have a good time.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Cassiopiea is offline Registered+
    Me agree.
    Sodomy is the greatest act that a person can undertake.

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Stoner is a compliment, pothead is an insult. That's the way its always been.

baisez le monde. is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by LIP View Post
    amen

Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out

Cool off your jets, take off your sweats.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
    Well, if you wanted to baisez le monde, you'd have to take a tour de France.

Reefer Rogue is offline Registered+
    Word.
    PEACE

'Why should one be judged by the colour of their skin, instead of the qualities they show from deep within?' - Peter Tosh

If they dont instantly know what you are talking about just walk away.
    Kraloth:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/recreatio...rger-then.html

Kryzco is offline Registered+
    I take offense to pothead

there are never any pots on my head when people call me that

so therefore there is no just reason to call me that

fucktards....
    Quote Originally Posted by fikusroot View Post
    Dont bash it till you've tried it. I've gotten many a girl to do the monkey. You really need to sell the fact that you're a monkey to make it really hot. Oh, and you have to be completely naked because monkeys dont wear clothes unles someone dresses them up to be cute. I'll sometimes test cosmetics products on me new monkey slave. The sky really is the limit. You can do anything to her that you could a normal monkey except you don't go to court for having sex with her.

Jay Matix is offline Registered+
    Yeah i agree...

Stoner = Someone who smokes a lot. But smokes intelligently. Still holds a successful life.

Pothead = Someone who smokes their life away. Unintelligent smoker. With no achievements, goals, nothing. Just spending ever dime they have on weed.

make it legal is offline Registered+
    Now where does burnout play into this?
    SMOKE WEED.

Kryzco is offline Registered+
    burnout its basically a pothead in retrospect isn't it

i considered someone a burnout once they are selling random shit just to get bud
    Quote Originally Posted by fikusroot View Post
    Dont bash it till you've tried it. I've gotten many a girl to do the monkey. You really need to sell the fact that you're a monkey to make it really hot. Oh, and you have to be completely naked because monkeys dont wear clothes unles someone dresses them up to be cute. I'll sometimes test cosmetics products on me new monkey slave. The sky really is the limit. You can do anything to her that you could a normal monkey except you don't go to court for having sex with her.

orangeman is offline Banned
    Well I sell random shit to get money but not to get bud, and I guess I'm Jay Matix's definition of stoner and not Wintersweet's lol. But I'm really gonna slow down because I'm not making enough money to keep buying weed like I do.

budsmoker is offline Registered+
    i dont consider pothead a insult, i think a pothead is just someone who smokes weed everyday and knows more about weed than most people, and i think a stoner is someone who smokes a lot but not everyday, usually just on the weekends and on special ocassions, just my opinion
    smoke bud all day everyday till the day i die

Acouwaila is offline Registered+
    both are an insult to me.... fuck that....someone calls me a stoner i call them an ignorant pussy ass victim of the media

wadejason is offline Registered+
    um well i dont like stoner because thats like saying "i smoke weed only to get stoned so im a stoner<i>er</i>. and i dont just like the high of weed, so im not that. and pothead i think is a little insult-like, as if they have "amotivational syndrome" like on those stupid above the influence commercials.

i much perfer "cannabis smoker", maybe "smoker"(but everyone may not, what about the vaporizer hitters?) or im cool with "head" or "toker" something like that. even "weed-smoker" i could do...

but thats just me.

Hempstone is offline Registered+
    I'm neither. I don't define myself that way. I'm a hard worker, I bust my butt in one of the biggest and best buffets in America. I put in 10 grueling hours today. I'm a scholar, reasearcher, historian and author. I'm a guitar player, a poet, a writer and public speaker. I'm a former high school wrestler and a former Marine Corps Tank Crewman. I'm a Christian, a son and a friend to many plus I'm a son of the living God. Don't call me a pothead or a stoner.

Acouwaila is offline Registered+
    AMEN HEMPSTONE

benagain is offline Registered+
    they're both the same to me. Neither one bothers me unless it's supposed to put me down or something. then i'd be more concerned about why somones trying to insult me than some words.
    oh, and a burnout isn't necessarily someone who gets high. Burnout's just a term from someone whos 'burnt out' from doing something waayy too much and losses thier life to it. at least thats my take on it.

Fabolous is offline Registered+
    Stoner=person who smokes after getting what ever important DONE frist.

Pothead=someone that likes to put pot on there heads
    Alice in Chains - Heaven Beside You
    "So there's problems in your life
    That's fucked up
    And I'm not blind
    I'm just see-through faded,
    Super jaded,
    And out of my mind"

Pot is a Plant
    That Grows in the Ground
    If god didn't wont it, why is it still around?
    So to all you stubid mother fucker's that never got high.
    just Shutup and give it a try.

Dutch Pimp is offline Registered+

Cool ..I'm a stoner..after work..

Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous View Post
    Stoner=person who smokes after getting what ever important DONE frist.

Pothead=someone that likes to put pot on there heads
    ..potheads smoke like a locomotive..all the time.

The Colonel is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersweet View Post
    What, to you, is the difference between a stoner and a pothead? Or is there any difference?

To me, a stoner is the average toker. Your average group of smokin' friends. You like getting stoned and hangin with your friends, just having a good time.

But a pothead...I don't like. When I think of pothead, I think of those smokers who spend all their free time smokin, with not a care in the world about their responsibilities, who'd blow all their extra money on weed. The lazy, stereotypical ones.
    So you're saying that a "pothead" is a person you dont like, because they spend their extra time smoking, and extra money on bud? You guys are just putting a lable on these people. If you dont like people who act like that you dont have to talk shit about them. just dont hang out with them.

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    I smoke like a Chimney but i have a good job, and i can function fine while im stoned. Im just not lazy... apart from the time i pissed in a bottol cos the barthroom was too far away -7 foot away-

Wintersweet is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
    So you're saying that a "pothead" is a person you dont like, because they spend their extra time smoking, and extra money on bud? You guys are just putting a lable on these people. If you dont like people who act like that you dont have to talk shit about them. just dont hang out with them.
    I meant I wouldn't like being called a pothead. I know potheads, I have potheads in my family, and I don't like seeing them waste their life away. But I don't not like them.

As for putting a label on people, yes, yes I am. That's sort of what this thread is talking about. Labels. If you don't like it, why'd you read this thread in the first place?
    Sit back, relax, and have a good time.

mcweedy is offline Registered+
    Originally Posted by Make It Legal
    Now where does burnout play into this?
    A burnout is someone who is very old and has been smoking pot for a very very long time. They tend to space out a lot and look as if they are under the influence of marijuana even when they may not be. Examples are Tommy Chong, Ozzy Ozbourne, and to a lesser extent Willie Nelson. Hope That answears you question
    Last edited by mcweedy; Oct-02-2006 at 14:32.

Pipe Dreams is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersweet View Post

basically Im the pothead, but I would call myself stoner. Im far from lazy though. I work with a construction company, and we skip around alot of jobs. Mostly we do roofing, but we do pretty much everything. I work 5 days a week from 11:00 (late I know but I have COLLEGE now too) until usually around 8:00pm which is what it gets dark around now.

Like I said above, I go to college also.
    People are sad now.

Check out...
    TokingTunes

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES!

Quote Originally Posted by RamblerGambler View Post
    ...He just calmly sat there yakking away, juggling 3 bowls, 3 lighters, and a worthless brain.

lil josh is offline Registered+
    stoner = sum1 that has a every day to day life but either gets stoned while doing it or once they get home they just get really stoned
    Pothead = sum1 that revolvs there life around smoking weed. a job gets blown out cause all they waan do is smoke weed all day and not really intrested in leaving the house.

Dutch Pimp is offline Registered+

Wink ..like a mirror..

Quote Originally Posted by mcweedy View Post
    A burnout is someone who is very old and has been smoking pot for a very very long time. They tend to space out a lot and look as if they are under the influence of marijuana even when they may not be. Examples are Tommy Chong, Ozzy Ozbourne, and to a lesser extent Willie Nelson. Hope That answears you question
    I resemble that remark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast