Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do potheads work?

Meenstreek is offline Registered+

Where do potheads work?

I've always been curious to see where potheads work. If your in school then post your grade.

I work for an Educational Foundation and I'm an Education Programs Coordinator. Basically, I help develop training programs, web-based and print, for the industrial distribution industry (Pipes, valves, etc..)

90% of the time its boring, but it pays well and is a step forward in my ultimate career goal, which is writing for a living.
    Last edited by Meenstreek; Dec-20-2006 at 14:10.

JaggedEdge is offline Registered+
    I'm in college and work in resturants. Nearly everyone, in every resturant I've ever worked in, smokes weed. A lot of the managers do too.

There aren't even initial prehire drug tests because they know no body would do that shitty job with out being able to go home and smoke a bowl after work.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"How much pain they have cost us, the evils which have never happened.
    "
    -Thomas Jefferson

The Colonel is offline Registered+
    Arby's... everyones a pothead there.

xcrispi is offline Registered+
    We work everywhere ,
    we're involved in all aspects of your life . keep in mind almost
    "everyone does it" lol . i wouldn't be suprised if 40% or better of the population in the U.S puffs .

i worked in a tool n die shop , was only there 2 weeks and a lil 67 yr. old man walks up n asks me "hey kid who's got the good budz" i bust out laughin at the guy . come to find out he puffed killer , not a bust waitin to happen like ida thought . old boy had better weed than me almost all the time . Damn him .
    peace
    crispi

five0addict is offline Registered+
    areospace machinist.
    far from the sterotype.

and like mrcrispy said, EVERYONE DOES IT!

b0Ng h!tz 4 mE is offline Registered+
    im unemployed.. haha, its great.. pro sponger im gonna become an illegal immagrant in amsterdam and get a job then. yeah. then ill get a job
    stoned is the way of the walk

dark0ne is offline Registered+
    I'm a cook. it's true most restraunts don't drug test, thats why i like being a cook, that and free munchies.

ingrade souls condemed for all eternity, sustained by lust a dominering deity.

xcrispi is offline Registered+
    no lie 50 ,
    i could hold + or - .0002 limits in dia. and location -n- do our jiggrinders work on a boringmill or jig bore using a boring bar , not grinding .
    high as hell after lunch on fridays too . pts. for nuclear submarines . sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .
    peace
    crispi

Skink is offline Registered+
    gas stations,,,7-11's

liberiamom is offline Registered+
    College Professor
    All posts by liberiamom are intended for research purposes, and any resemblance to persons, either fictional or real, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

smok3y is offline Registered+
    Start working next year doing Landscape garding.. Just now im unemployed
    R.I.P
    David Steele
    "Gone But Never Forgotten"

I know you don't smoke weed, I know this..
    but I'm gonna get you high today..
    'cause it's Friday' you ain't got no job... and you ain't got shit to do..

TokinAsianGuy is offline Registered+
    Hi. You're going to call off your rigorous investigation. You're going to publically state that there is no underground pothead group. Or... these guys are going to take your balls. And send one to the New York Times, one to the LA Times press release staff. Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we drive your ambulances. We connect your calls, we guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us.

i'm involved in the family business.
    "The world was a mess... but his hair, was perfect"

Pride is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedEdge View Post
    I'm in college and work in resturants. Nearly everyone, in every resturant I've ever worked in, smokes weed. A lot of the managers do too.

There aren't even initial prehire drug tests because they know no body would do that shitty job with out being able to go home and smoke a bowl after work.
    so true.
    retaurant jobs are pretty hard.
    was a busser but quit. guess im too lazy.
    pay was terrible though. made more on hourly wages than i did on tips. yea no one ever really came (yet it was still a bitch).
    in college but don't really plan to get a job until summer. if i can get one now then i'd get it. but it's strange.. getting a job is really fucking hard for me yet it seems pretty easy for others.
    in september through early november i spent a lot of time looking for a job but i guess it was a bad time to look for one cause everyone else took them all. finally i gave up. broke as shit. i just eat eggs everyday. it sucks.

Smokin EnDo is offline Registered+
    I'm only 16 but I work at prestigious ShopRite in NJ!

Pot_Duster is offline Registered+
    I've found that I just can't work for anyone else but myself and after giving up on a couple of professional careers over the years, I wound up owning my own delivery business. I smoke more frequently over the last 20 years because of my medical condition and find it different than the recreational toking I did when I was younger. I smoke cannabis because it increases my quality of life.

the yeag is offline Banned
    i am an IH I bet you guys would not have guessed that

emkid420 is offline Banned
    im a DEA agent

kidding....

im 16 and dont have a job, should get one tho.

surreys princess is offline Registered+
    i am a nurse....
    dont talk unless you can improve the silence....

Reefer Rogue is offline Registered+
    I' a pothead and i work at a supermarket.
    PEACE

'Why should one be judged by the colour of their skin, instead of the qualities they show from deep within?' - Peter Tosh

If they dont instantly know what you are talking about just walk away.
    Kraloth:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/recreatio...rger-then.html

EmoRebellion is offline Registered+
    Im a Sr. Systems Engineer for a company that sells servers, storage, backup solutions, etc to large corporation. Its my dream job, and the pay is pretty decent for my age.
    28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds... that is when the world will end

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    the amount of herb you go through isn't nearly so important as the overall richness of your existence.

fasterspider is offline Registered+
    Self employed motorcycle mechanic/builder. I make cooler bikes out of old cool bikes and then sell them off to get money to buy more parts to build more bikes.
    I do what the hell it is that I want to do with my life, turn a wrench and get high.
    AJ, my 80's weed dealer said "When you gotta get high, you gotta get high"
    My avatar was taken in front of Cousin Strawberry's house from the movie Up in Smoke.

420izzle is offline Registered+

oooohhh

Quote Originally Posted by emkid420 View Post
    im a DEA agent

That was COLD man...hahaha. (Haven't used that term in a while!)

I'm an architect. About 1 in 4 architects I know toke. Before that I was in construction and I'd say 1 in 3 toked.

JaggedEdge is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    so true.
    retaurant jobs are pretty hard.
    was a busser but quit. guess im too lazy.
    pay was terrible though. made more on hourly wages than i did on tips. yea no one ever really came (yet it was still a bitch).
    in college but don't really plan to get a job until summer. if i can get one now then i'd get it. but it's strange.. getting a job is really fucking hard for me yet it seems pretty easy for others.
    in september through early november i spent a lot of time looking for a job but i guess it was a bad time to look for one cause everyone else took them all. finally i gave up. broke as shit. i just eat eggs everyday. it sucks.
    I'm not sure how you dress and look. But I tried getting a job with the shoulder length hair I have now and didn't have any luck. Even for back of house jobs, people just don't want to hire someone with shaggy hair and an eyebrow piercing if they can hire someone more clean cut instead. If you are a clean cut looking person it makes it easier.

I eventually gave up and went to one of the old resturants I worked at. They pay decent and didn't think twice about giving me my old job back. Old jobs alway's hire me back, yet when I go and look for a new one, the only ones that call me back are ones I realize I don't want to work at.

Just look for now hiring signs. The more desperate the company the better your chances of getting hired and the more you will likely be able to get away with.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"How much pain they have cost us, the evils which have never happened.
    "
    -Thomas Jefferson

High Plains Drifter is offline Registered+
    Clamshacks. In the summer at least.
    Fuck everybody that used to be down, that ain't down no more.

widowtoker311 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by fasterspider View Post
    I do what the hell it is that I want to do with my life, turn a wrench and get high.
    i envy you. i'd love to be able to do the same thing with classic cars.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast