Cannabis.com

Thread: representations of marijuana in cartoons and anime?

wayoftheleaf is offline Registered+

representations of marijuana in cartoons and anime?

I am trying to gather all marijuana use, and dialogue of, in cartoons and animes dating back the past 20 years.

Only one comes to mind for me, Samurai Champlou, the episode where the gate records keeper recounted a story of his first days at the job. Where an entire field was burned and how the gate was open for all that day, lost in a silvery purple haze.

He said it was a revolution, but soon forgotten.

I thought it was a near correct representation.

Any others?
    Quote Originally Posted by Billionfold View Post
    Slip, the next time you're having a bad day, imagine this...

You're a Siamese twin. Your brother is gay, you're not. He's having company tonight. You've got one asshole.
    "Prohibition . . . goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes . . . A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."
    -Abraham Lincoln

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

MastaChronic is offline Banned
    dude, i just watched that episode about 3 hours ago.

i was thinking, thats how the real purple haze got extinct, that damn mugen burned it all!

Damn you have to right?!?!?!?!

You're a Siamese twin. Your brother is gay, you're not. He's having company tonight. You've got one asshole.
    "Prohibition . . . goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes . . . A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."
    -Abraham Lincoln

B-Dizzle is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoftheleaf View Post
    Samurai Champlou, the episode where the gate records keeper recounted a story of his first days at the job. Where an entire field was burned and how the gate was open for all that day, lost in a silvery purple haze.

He said it was a revolution, but soon forgotten.

I thought it was a near correct representation.
    Haha, that's ironic, my friend and I just watched that episode he had previously taped.

ganjah is offline Registered+
    I was watching Futurama last night and it was the episode where the professor created the box to a parallel universe. Well later in the show a bunch of boxes with many different universes or created and whenever the charactors would enter a new universe it would say the number of it and the people in it would be different. Well they get to universe "420" and there is a giant peace sign hanging on the wall. Proffesor is sitting indian style behind a hookah while a chick with a big ass afro gives him a neck massage. He starts tallking and it would seem that he was stoned. It was awsome.

okay so we have

Samurai Champlou
    Futurama

Any others?

Is there ever anything like this on family guy?

-Abraham Lincoln

Skink is offline Registered+
    Who was that black cat???the one even before TV,,,I remember that cat smoking a joint...

AR15 is offline Registered+
    I don't know how no one has mentioned the Simpsons or South Park.

I'm sure you could find more examples, but for now, I'll just throw out the Simpsons episode where Homer does medical marijuana, and for South Park when all the hippies come to have a mass meeting in South Park, Cartman throws them a joint in the basement I think.

That Simpsons episode was classic though, Lisa was making references to the house smelling like Otto and the art teacher's jacket, lol.

AR15 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Skink View Post
    Who was that black cat???the one even before TV,,,I remember that cat smoking a joint...
    Fritz the Cat? Ralph Bakshi definitely has some, hmmm, I'll say "out there" pieces of work. I stopped watching that movie like halfway through, creeped me out.

EDIT: Nevermind, just checked, Fritz was a grey cat, but whatever, he's another one, although it's not from the past 20 years, Bakshi did most of that stuff in the 70's.

Purple Banana is offline Registered+
    DEFINATLEY the Simpsons...

The Seth and Munchie episode... Most of the subculture of cannabis can be seen in countless episodes of the Simpsons. 90% of the writers are probably potheads, including more likely than not, Matt Groening.
    Hey man, you got a joint?

It'd be a lot cooler if you did...

BizzleLuvin is offline Registered+
    okay so epsiode 'joy's ex' of Tom Goes to the Mayor where tom and joys ex and the major take bong hits together in a room with shit covered walls. the bongs are refferes to as some kind of musical pipes. the best Tom epsiode EVAH.
    nice girls rock hard
    ''thoughts while exact have words that don't match."
    if you don't get into politics, politics will get into you...rather uncomfortably.- Ralf Nader
    religion is the opiate of the masses-Karl Marx
    cannabinauts dont die, they go up in smoke
    smoke great quantities of great quality
    pensamientos mientras exacto tienen palabras que no emparejan

Samurai Champlou
    Futurama
    The Simpsons
    South Park
    Tom Goes to the Mayor

-Abraham Lincoln

ToDrunkToFish is offline Registered+
    Theres the Family Guy episode where the whole family goes on the trip. And as they were leaving Chris looked back at his room window and said "I wont what the evil monkey does while im away"

And then it showed the Monkey on Chrises bed, pulls out a little box I think and his music player. Turns on the music and pulls out a bag of weed and a paper and rolls a joint and smokes.
    Every post I make that pertains to illegal substances is just a joke, and nothing but a joke. Im doing it to look cool to my Cannabis.com members because I have no real-life friends. Now get the fuck off me!

Some people smoke the nicest greens.
    Some people smoke them in-betweens
    Some people smoke just stems and seeds
    But we all smoke to get high!

make it legal is offline Registered+
    scooby doo is said to have countless weed references. you can look it up on line. Scoobie DOOBIE do is one of them.
    SMOKE WEED.

make it legal is offline Registered+
    and scoobie and shaggy are always hungry, and when they come out of the smoke filled van they are laughing
    SMOKE WEED.

good ol daze is offline Registered+
    Well, I think my avatar and sig line say enough...the former is from the episode "Sideshow Bob Roberts," the latter, from prescription pot-focused "Weekend At Burnsies," featuring Phish.
    Homer: "Wow, that sax would make a great pipe."

Samurai Champlou
    Futurama
    The Simpsons
    South Park
    Tom Goes to the Mayor
    Family Guy
    Scooby Doo

rofl

-Abraham Lincoln

partyguy420 is offline Registered+
    its not realy a cartoon, but it has cartoon charicters in it, and they switch back and forth between cartoons and regular people, but the movie fat albert... the girl in its wearing a hoodie that says 420... umm there are alot, but i cant think of any... in the namba eppisode of south park, when they are running around threw all of the doors,(were they do that thing that they do on scooby DOOBIE doo) i think theres a door sign that says 420... and in the movie shrek 2, at the far far away idol, the stage back ground is a great big leaf that looks simlar to a pot leaf....
    partyguy will be the the designated driver for the next year...