Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!

truepunk87 is offline Registered+
    honestly i was wondering the same thing. when i turned man fan off this morning it seem that my fan gotta lot of dust build up. idk if it a bad thing......maybe someone with more experience can help us out on that but other that the dust on the fan everything seem to be fine.

neceros is offline Registered+
    I would be careful with mirrors. Most likely that will cause more hotspots. Probably would be better just to use white pvc coverings. Just reflect the light, not the heat.

TheBudReaper is offline Registered+
    Well it doesnt seem too hot in there. How will I be able to tell if the heat is getting to be a problem?

bigsby is offline Banned
    Listen to neceros and get a thermometer although that will not help you identify hot spots as they are spot local!

Personally. I don't know too much about hot spots. But i look at my plants everyday more than once a day. So im closely monitoring them for any signs of sickness or burning.

Will get other reflective material next grow. Keeping this one simple and ghetto LOL

definetly feel ya on the keep it simple and ghetto. some of us not got all the cash to get all the nice,proper supplies. whatever works for ur budget and gets the results u want

Im at the E.R. right now on my laptop. Might need surgery done on my leg

Found some cool stuff in the drawers tho that are in the room! Got some stuff that are like sandwich ties and from rubbery tubes and some rubber mask type things. Gunna use the ties for LST'ing my little ones.

If you keep your eyes open you never know what you can find that will help out your grow

Out of the E.R. got surgery done on my leg. Shit looks gross.

Bouta chill out smoke some herb and watch a movie or somthing. Will post pics tomor!

hey bro. hope ya get back to good health.. what happend that they had to do surgery? get better so u can get back to taking good care of them girls u got take it easy man

Thanks dude. Its pretty gross. I had like an absess on my leg from an infection. And they had to cut it open and drain it. Now I have to like.. keep the wound open and shit with gauze every night. It sucks big time.

But still taking care of my girls!

Pics as promised
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-grower-009.jpg   My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-grower-013.jpg   My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-grower-016.jpg  

My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-grower-017.jpg   My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-grower-021.jpg  

More pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-grower-015.jpg   My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-grower-018.jpg   My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-grower-024.jpg  

My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-grower-023.jpg  

In the last two pics.. Do my leaves looked deformed or nute burned?

looking good!! and they look a tiny bit deformed. wouldnt say it nute burn

fucking bagseed LOL .. I have started to put my little ones through LST today. Had some sandwich tie things. I wraped it around the stem after the little round leaves that first form on the plant. Im going to wrap them both in the same direction all the way around the pot. Hopefully i am doing this right!

Comments and tips are welcomed!

Woops forgot pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-growing-028.jpg   My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-growing-025.jpg   My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-growing-026.jpg  

Both the deformed and regular looking plan are bending up well. so a couple more nodes imma tie em down again.

Found a bug on one of the little ones. Looked like it was brown and eating the bottom of the leaf. I took it off with a napkin and crushed it. I left my window open all night. So im hoping it was just that one bug in there and none got to my babies that are flowering!

Will post pics tomorrow.

neceros is offline Registered+
    Get some mite remover just in case.

yea definetly try and find some neem oil just to be on the safe side normly if theres 1, there will b more, in my experiences anyways

Where can i get that at?

Woke up htis morning with some discoloration on the one in the pot by it self.

Ive had a bad experience with fucking bugs!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-grow-018.jpg  

all of those dead due to bugs ( i tossed em once the leafs turned to shit )

u gotta hydro store near u???? or u can get some insect soap at home depot bro. here this might help.....stolen. sorry. If your plants are growing vegetatively you have quite a few options. First you can wash them with a moderately vigorous spray to knock down the mite population. This will help the plants by lessening their loss of vital juices. Prepare a spray with a teaspoon of real soap such as Dr. Bronner's peppermint or eucalyptus liquid soap per gallon of water, or spray with Safer's horticultural soap to help dislodge and suffocate the pests. Mites are found on the underside of the leaves and must be sprayed there. If the plants are small or easy to handle it might be easier to dip them in the soapy water. Spraying can remove most but not all the mites, and it doesn't remove the eggs.

A small mite infection left unchecked is a temporary condition. So it is unwise to go into flowering with infected plants. The problem is that after the plants are one third of the way through flowering, two to three weeks, you want to avoid spraying with water or soapy water to wash off the suckers.

Mites must be eliminated before forcing or when they attack plants in the early stages of flowering. If not they will multiply with disastrous results. The skimpy buds will be low quality and covered with dead mites. It's not an enjoyable smoke.

Spraying can be used to control mites through the vegetative stage and for the first two or three weeks of flowering. However, other means must be used to get the plants to the zero tolerance level. By far the easiest method is to use an acceptable miticide.

There are several commercial miticides that can be used early in the season to kill mites.

Pyrethrum has been used to kill mites. It is a natural pesticide produced by a close relative of the chrysanthemum. The problem with using it is that many races of mites have developed immunity to it. However, it is the first miticide you should try.

Cinnamite comes as a concentrate that is diluted and sprayed on the plants. It contains a miticide derived from cinnamon oil. It is very safe and is rated least hazardous. It is quite effective but it doesn't kill the eggs. It should be used every three days for two weeks to make sure all the mites are killed soon after they hatch. It is a contact spray so plants should be dipped or sprayed on the leaf undersides. It is also effective against powdery mildew.

Neem oil is a natural miticide derived from the nuts of the Neem tree, which is found in India. It is a mite repellent as well, so some gardeners use it as a prophylactic, spraying it on a weekly basis. I mix neem oil with Cinnamite to eliminate small infections. Cinnamite and neem oil are also used against powdery mildew.

For growers who distrust anything commercial, try an ?herbal tea? that acts as a miticide. To each quart of water use a tablespoon each of ground cinnamon, ground clove and 2 tablespoons of ground Italian seasoning. Heat the mixture until it starts to simmer, then turn off the heat. Add 2 tablespoons crushed fresh garlic when the water cools to warm. Let the tea sit until it cools. Strain and save the water using a cloth or coffee filter. Add a few drops of liquid soap or dishwashing liquid to the water. It is ready to be sprayed on the leaf undersides. After spraying the mites off with water, spray it on the leaf undersides. It will eliminate the mites if it is sprayed every three days after the wash. Within two weeks the mites will probably be gone.

Avid is a miticide registered for ornamental plants. Its active ingredient is abamectin, a derivative of a toxin originally found in soil bacteria. Avid is not registered for use on vegetables except in certain restricted situations. Other brands of abamectin such as AgriMek by Syngenta are registered for a wide range of crops. The AgriMek label calls for a minimum of a seven day wait between application and harvest. I wouldn't use marijuana if I knew it was treated with this pesticide during the last few weeks of flowering.

Some gardeners have reported success controlling mites using predatory mites or other predators. These carnivorous mites reach an equilibrium with the herbivorous mites, keeping damage to a bare minimum. I have tried introducing mixed species of predatory mites a few times but have never been satisfied with the results. They did not get the problem under control. However, they can work and some gardeners swear by them. I probably didn't provide them with the right conditions. There are also other predators that eat mites, but I have no experience using them.

Ultimately, the solution to the mite problem and the pest problem in general is to prevent the garden from becoming infected. Following certain simple rules will help:
    Wear freshly washed clothes or change into a garden outfit when going into the garden.

good luck bro

Fortunately I dont have mites! Just a stupid beetle of some kind im sure.

That tea stuff though i might try out. I think I have all the stuff for it.

Thanks truepunk for all the info
    lol funny smiley

Leaves on the bottom on one of my plants that are flowering has some dieing leaves on the bottom of it and the leaves after the ones that are dying are browning. Other plant, same strain just shorter, doesnt have any of these problems.

Here are the pics... Advise needed!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-plant-pics-008.jpg   My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-plant-pics-010.jpg   My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-plant-pics-011.jpg  

My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!-plant-pics-012.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by TheBudReaper View Post
    Leaves on the bottom on one of my plants that are flowering has some dieing leaves on the bottom of it and the leaves after the ones that are dying are browning. Other plant, same strain just shorter, doesnt have any of these problems.

Here are the pics... Advise needed!
    here......this always helps me .... Cannabis Nutrient Disorders

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast