Thread: Light color temperature...

Markass is offline Registered+

Light color temperature...

I've encurred complications in trying to get my hands on a couple of CFL's..my plants are a little over 1 month from seed, and I'm using 2 26w GE CFL's, 1700lumen, 2700k..I know that these aren't really suitable for veg, but they will work, right?
    Pictures and information posted under this username are duplicated, and should in no way be taken seriously, as it is only a joke.(period)

Ron Paul is freedom

"If Tyranny and Oppression Come to this Land, it Will be in the Guise of Fighting a Foreign Enemy" - James Madison

"What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country!"

phytokind is offline Registered+
    Yeah they should work fine, although if you notice a lot of stretching then you will need some white or full spectrum CFLs.

notorious P.O.T is offline Registered+
    yes tehy will work decent but your plant would be much better under a bulb thats more blue like 6500 kelvin or so for vegging...
    I in no way condone any behavior or actions that may break any laws. Anything said by my username or any other username coming from this IP ADDRESS is all information and pictures that I have gathered from all over the internet, and reposted for others to see as well. Do not take anything I say serious, for as it is all for entertainment purposes only.

"Roll up da trees and blow the smoke in the sky"

Quote Originally Posted by notorious P.O.T View Post
    yes tehy will work decent but your plant would be much better under a bulb thats more blue like 6500 kelvin or so for vegging...
    See, I was kind of aware of that, but could you tell me if it's going to be something that's going to greatly affect my plant or not?
    Pictures and information posted under this username are duplicated, and should in no way be taken seriously, as it is only a joke.(period)

Ron Paul is freedom

"If Tyranny and Oppression Come to this Land, it Will be in the Guise of Fighting a Foreign Enemy" - James Madison

cactusman23 is offline Registered+

pics?

you need to elaborate more on what kind of complications you are having, 2700k fluorescents are more than adequate to veg with. What size of box? Any nutes yet? Ventilation? Watering schedule? You may get a better answer in the basic growing section.
    I AM NOT A CONNOISSEUR, I AM A POTHEAD.

how it all started:

http://boards.cannabis.com/closet-ca...light=mrabrego

an abandoned thread:

http://boards.cannabis.com/closet-ca...=cactus+clones

soccergal is offline Registered+
    It won't kill your plant to have some warms during veg. However it would be a good idea to try and get some cools as well. Then you can use ALL of them. And that makes your spectrum more full. That, and 52watts isn't a lot.

From what I've read you can shoot for .5grams per watt. And it seems like even that is a stretch. So if you only had 52watts you'd be looking at 26 grams. And that's IF everything goes well. That said, the more lights the better!

liquid swords is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by soccergal View Post
    It won't kill your plant to have some warms during veg. However it would be a good idea to try and get some cools as well. Then you can use ALL of them. And that makes your spectrum more full. That, and 52watts isn't a lot.

From what I've read you can shoot for .5grams per watt. And it seems like even that is a stretch. So if you only had 52watts you'd be looking at 26 grams. And that's IF everything goes well. That said, the more lights the better!
    I'm sure it's a 26w equivalent to 100w

Quote Originally Posted by liquid swords View Post
    I'm sure it's a 26w equivalent to 100w
    http://genet.gelighting.com/LightPro...DUCTCODE=21845

Those are what I have two of. Then I have a small 13w 3500k sylvania mini-CFL that I used up to this point...I'm pretty much using opinions, and adding in my own ideas with it...

Ron Paul is freedom

A 2ft T12 tube 3000k I believe, not sure of the lumens..and my 2 cfl's...Adequate lighting is all that I'm looking for. Nothing big and special. This is my first grow, and I'd just like to get an idea of the life cycle of cannabis and how demanding growing it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Light color temperature...-grow.jpg  

Ron Paul is freedom

liquid swords is offline Registered+
    Those CFLs will be perfectly fine for any stage of growth, but you should really consider using cooler lights (5000-6500k range) for veg and those warm ones for flowering.