Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legal MJ in Colorado!

ds0110 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestHouse View Post
    legalization in all its forms will end up making the average "joe pot grower" a white collar criminal or some other criminal. It will end up ending a culture.
    If it is truly legal, as in it is no longer a crime to cultivate or possess, then there is no way to turn any grower into a criminal. very simple. It only works if there is full legalization though. Adding limitations such as plant counts, limiting the space or age are all things that will create a black market and thus create criminals out of ordinary people.

We have yet to see a true legalization bill anywhere in america. Cali's bill was decriminalization under the guise of legalization, not true legalization.

HighPopalorum is offline Registered+
    Dorje speaks for me. No reason to post.

When the election gets closer, I will surely maintain the Traitor's List. Hopefully, we can get it stickied so no patient who reads this board will mistakenly purchase from a caregiver or MMC who opposes legalization. I vote not only in the ballot box, but with my wallet and every other patient should do the same; on this issue and on others. Commercial growers who vote for continued persecution of marijuana users should be publicly held up as the hypocritical assholes they are. Period. I think we should make a list of caregivers and dispensaries who are fighting legalization and then give the list to prisoners who are currently incarcerated for using or selling marijuana. Maybe if some of these owners and managers could read the stories of the real victims of the drug war it would convince them to change their minds. Maybe not.

We've seen commercial growers fight against public regulation for themselves - they were quite active on both sides of the 1284 debate. Now we will see which of them are willing to fight for the right of every adult Coloradan to grow and use marijuana. The MMJ industry should be as strong a support for legalization as MMJ patients are. I want to see donations. I want to see benefit events. Most of all, I want to see the petition in the front office of every dispensary in the state. Folks, this issue is going to show us which commercial operators are our friends, and which ones are only pretending to be in order to get our money.

(Can you see the holy roller glow in my eyes? MJ legalization is the closest I get to religious zeal. If we shut our mouths and let the naysayers walk all over us, marijuana will never be legal, and the blatant injustice of incarcerating innocent pot users will continue. We have a chance to strike a blow for justice in the ballot box, and I for one will work hard to make sure it's a heavy one.)
    Last edited by HighPopalorum; Nov-13-2010 at 20:26.

senorx12562 is offline Registered+
    Legalization will come (eventually,but not in 2012, unfortunately) incrementally or not at all, no matter what we want. It is the nature of our present political system. As to all the complaints about regulation rather than a complete lack thereof, you are at least 70 years too late. Not that I disagree, but since the New Deal and the Supreme Court decisions thereunder that basically invalidated the 9th and 10th amendments, that's a dead letter. Tilt away, all of you Dons Quixote, welcome to my world.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Benjamin Franklin, 1759.

HarvestHouse is offline Registered+
    HighPopalorum------> I'm not fighting legalization. I want pot growing everywhere....... but I won't support legislation/initiatives that empower big biz and the man . keep your list. fuck you. when the real list of who did what is written, remember that I was the first to sell top shelf pot for $200-250 max. since april. Given away over a thousand clones of Cherry Lime and other clones. Sold as low as 100 an oz, Given away pounds to needy Nederland folks. I'm building a purpose building to grow in out of pocket........ and still committed to keeping my prices at $250 max.

1284 was bullshit. the next serving they give us will be shit to. If you don't mind eating shit, go ahead, take what's being served.

It's the peoples plant, I've bent over backwards for it, given up all of my non-able to be made "kosher" grows, given up ALL of my privacy, all my money, and working my ass off to provide the folks good medicine at real prices. I have dozens of elite clones in house now, free non-propriatary cuts to all patients.

I think I'm one of the good ones. If you come into my shop with out enough cash, I bet you walk out of Harvest House with what you need.

High Popa'whatever, what have you done. What are you doing to help.

boycott me, protest me. I bet you just look like an asshole in front of my shop........ with the new handicapped ramp we just put in.

ottistoys is offline Registered+
    HH

HighPopalorum is offline Registered+
    No threats, HH, but you're wrong! A Colorado version of P19 will make it legal for us all to grow and use marijuana. I won't boycott your shop because I live in SWCO and don't get up to Denver often. Still, you should think about the people MJ prohibition hurts, and not only those who might profit from legalization. I don't think you're mean, or intentionally trying to be injust, but it's wrong. We might disagree on the details of legalization, but that's all political B.S. Any liberalization of marijuana (or any other damned drug) is a good thing. I realize that your intentions are as good as mine, but you're only hurting marijuana users when you vote for their continued arrest. From the perspective of someone who does not sell marijuana, it seems hypocritical.

TurboALLWD is offline Registered+
    Harvest House, I have a lot of respect for you and you're stance on the bullshit legislation. There are very few places producing affordable meds that are also quality. I went to the farm in Boulder a while ago to check out their $250 oz deals and it reaked of schwag. With less than half the medical value, their $250 deal is more like $500 and you have to smoke a joint to catch a buzz. I'll definitely swing by and give you my support. I tried checking you out a few weeks ago but you open so late! hahah. I ended up going to GM for a $90 1/4, with tiny stress seeds. Nothing like opening up a calyx and seeing a pin head seed. Seeya soon brother.

Dorje113 is offline Registered+
    HH, I think your intentions are good but I think you need to realize there will have to be a compromise... for example alcohol is legal and regulated, you cannot distill or produce beer/wine for sale in your own home. But nobody cares about these limitations, homebrewers do it because they like beer, not because they are trying to make money. Eventually mj will be like that too... legalization will put an end to the profiteering and, IMO, greatly reduce the amount of dangerous "medical" mj currently being produced. But this can't happen without big business getting in on the act. There is going to be the budweiser of buds but that doesn't mean our culture or ability to produce and sell high quality weed will be destroyed as well. It does mean that prices will drop but that's ok. I really think the basis for decisions like this need to be what will reduce suffering the most.

ds0110 is offline Registered+
    Not everyone is trying to accomplish the same thing obviously. What is the goal? To make money, be able to grow your own legally, end mj prohibition, or end the drug war altogether?? These are all distinctly different levels of dissent against the current policies. Its interesting that finally the current attitude/laws are changing and yet we cant figure out what we want, or just cant make it happen.

I personally see the money as a side effect byproduct of this fight, the legal/prison system is trying to make money off me and I am making money because of them, and while its naive to say it has no bearing on motivation, it is by far not the point of the battle. The real power lies in political and social change towards true freedom. A big effect of this freedom is that the black market - and therefore profits, must diminish. A small price to pay considering the amount of money and time people have spent incarcerated (POWs) because of this war against american citizens. Hasnt the point been this whole time to legalize the plant entirely? Where did the movement get lost?

Another thing... right now instead of Marleys or Marlboro Greens produced by Phillip Morris we have huge gangs of organized crime growing weed all over the world.

The Vietnamese have set up warehouses all over the world:

Pictured: Britain's biggest cannabis farm... with 2m worth of weed | Mail Online

Mexican Mafia sets up huge od grows that are dangerous to anyone passing by and likely do a lot of environmental damage. Right here in the front range we had 1000's of plants taken out of the national forest just west of Lyons.

Lately, I have heard reports from Europe of bad weed being sprayed with glass or metal shavings to give it bag appeal.

If I had a choice between a mass produced but "natural" mj cig and the stuff organized crime puts out I think I'll go with the Marley.

So there's another reason to legalize, and I'd argue that having cig companies produce Marleys is better than what we have now.

A summary of reasons we need to legalize despite the FACT that when it is, there will be regulations on it just like there are on alcohol:

1. End the Drug War
    2. Allow the farming of industrial hemp
    3. Put organized crime and other profiteers out of the cannabis business
    4. Control the rampant distribution of unsafe marijuana

IMO, these are the real goals and other stuff like mj culture and mj lifestyle and having an artificially inflated income are far down the list of what I care about.
    Last edited by Dorje113; Nov-14-2010 at 11:25.

ThaiBuddhaMan is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorje113 View Post
    Lately, I have heard reports from Europe of bad weed being sprayed with glass... to give it bag appeal.
    This did happen but it was a while ago and from my peeps in the UK it was pretty much a one time thing. One doesn't get too many repeat customers that way. I believe the rumor is that the crew that did that pretty much got their door kicked in & the crap beat out of them by former customers & also some other dealers before they were reported to the Bobbys. Serves them right. Karma's a bitch sometimes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12