Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Easy way for making hash oil

Coelho is offline Registered+

Easy way for making hash oil

I have been reading the posts of this forum about hash oil, and seems the people thinks making hash oil is somewhat difficult, even dangerous. I dont know what recipe you are using... anyway, i made hash oil with a easy and cheap technique, and with good results. I would like to put some pictures, but unfortunately i have not even a webcam and sorry for my english... translating while half baked is not nice

Ingredients:
    - Weed
    - Acetone (nail polish remover)
    - One small glass bottle

Instructions:
    Even if there is contradictory opinions about decarboxilating weed in this forum, from my experiences it seems to work very well, so the first step is decarboxylate the weed. It can be done by several ways.

You can follow the Master Wu's technique:
    "2. Place in a shallow pan (a sheet of aluminum foil works great) and bake at 325F for 5 minutes."
    (http://boards.cannabis.com/recipes/8...-combined.html)

Or the boiling water technique:
    "The potency of marijuana can be increased by about 50% simply by simmering a water slurry of the material for 2 hours. Add water as necessary to maintain the level. Dry the leaf material at low heat."
    (from Robert A. Nelson: Hemp Husbandry ~ Cannabinoid Chemistry (Ch 6))

Or just microwave the weed for some 5 minutes. This last technique (microwaving) were not tested by me, but there were people which did it and said it worked.

Anyway, after the weed were decarboxylated by any of this techniques (if you dont want decarboxilate your weed, start from here) it must be grinded. If the weed were "cooked" in the decarboxylation precess, it will be much easier to grind, as the weed will be crunchy and dry.

Put the grinded weed into the glass little bottle. Add the acetone to it. The volume of the liquid must be about 2 times the volume of weed in the bottle (see figure 1 below). Close the bottle very well (as acetone is very volatile), and shake it vigorously. Let it in a dark place for 1-2 days. It will allow the THC to dissolve in the acetone. (it must be a dark place, cause light decomposes the thc)

Remember the acetone is a VERY flammable thing, so all the steps must be made far from fire or heat sources. An important thing to consider is the purity of the acetone. Here in brasil the acetone sold as nail polish remover have 50-60% of purity. It works, but as purer, as better. Usually there is an indication of the purity grade written in the bottle, so when you buy, try buy the acetone with the greater purity.

After the 1-2 days, the acetone will have turned to dark green/brown. Darker it is, more THC it contains. Them carefully drop only this dark liquid into a shallow dish. Try avoid the weed fall into the dish. It is somewhat difficult, but with some practice it becomes easier. (see figure 2)
    Let the dish in a dark and well ventilated place to the acetone evaporate. It MUST be a safe place, far from fire or any source of heat/sparks, as the acetone is very flammable.
    Depending on the temperature, and the amount of acetone, it can take 1-2 days to evaporate. If the weather were too cold, put a fan in front of the dish, to facilitate the evaporation.

When almost all acetone were evaporated, there will be a dark layer of an oily/sticky substance on the dish. Sometimes, depending the purity of the acetone, there is a small amount of a water-like liquid together this oily thing. If this water-like liquid were clear, almost transparent, you can throw this liquid away, as all the THC is already deposited in the dish. (when the THC is dissolved in a liquid, the liquid becomes dark)

This dark sticky resin is the hash oil. Now it is the most boring part. Scrape it from the dish. The hash oil is one of the more stickiest substances, so its a shit to scrape it. Put some warm water into the dish, as it makes the hash stick less to the dish, and with a round-pointed knife scrape all the dark resin. It takes *a lot* of time and patience. If you need to touch the resin, wet your fingers, as water difficults the hash oil to stick. Try to make a ball with the resin.

And its ready! It can be smoked by several ways... chose the one of your preference... and remember the hash oil is stronger than the weed used to make it, so be careful, ou your will become

And good luck for all!

PS. Mods feel free to move this thread to where it belongs. I post here cause it seems the better place. But you shall know better
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Easy way for making hash oil-fig1.gif   Easy way for making hash oil-fig2.gif  

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Nochowderforyou is offline Registered+
    It isn't hard to make hash oil. You just soak the cannabis in your choice of material and evaporate the chemical using low heat or nothing at all.

But saying it isn't dangerous is untrue. Many people have blown themselves up being careless doing it.

One of the main threats is doing it inside with no proper ventilation. What happens is the chemicals fumes start to evaporate and build up in your house. Any spark can blow you to pieces.

Another threat is using an open flame. It's highly flammable stuff.

Another one is some people let the chemical heat up to too high of a temp. and it combusts into a huge flame.

But what it all comes down to is common sense, and some people either weren't born with it, or haven't been taught to use common sense. I mean, before anyone should try this, they should know they are dealing with a highly flammable material, and adding direct fire or extreme heat will result in an explosion.

Not saying it is dangerous is misleading. It is very dangerous if you don't take the proper precautions.

Out of the many times I've made oil, I have never burned myself. The only time it caught fire was when I did it outside on a bunsen burner and I let it sit on the flame for too long. It started boiling big time then blew up.

That was my own fault though.

Bong30 is offline Registered+
    I like the BTU extraction method....

I have made a device from parts at home depot...that I can make nice honey oil. It is super dangerous. You have to know what you are doing. Mainly in a ventalaed place...IE outside...no smokers....
    some day illpost it

darkside is offline Registered+
    I want one of theseEden Labs LLC
    Legalize it, don't criticize it.
    Legalize it yeah, yeah
    And I will advertise it.

rabbitcatcher is offline Registered
    im assuming during the waiting periods keep everything at room temperature?

yes... always at room temperature.
    (even cause heating any flammable liquid is a unnecessary danger... better wait for it evaporate by itself)
    Last edited by Coelho; Feb-09-2007 at 19:13.

russ-bob is offline Registered+
    dude im scared of this method im not shure right now but im looking up the adatives in nailpolishremover i wouldent wanna smoke those compounds... Acetone is taken out of crude oil by fractional distolation and therefore not always pure heres some info on it you may be fine you may not be i wouldent take the risk unles i knew i was getting pure Acetone Acetone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ~Russ~

well... your concerns about the purity of acetone are very reasonable. Of course it would be much better if you could make has oil with pure acetone. Anyway, most of the another substances added in it are another volatile organic solvents, which shall evaporate too. The not-so-volatile ones are the water-like liquid which remains in the dish, and are washed away. Even if something remain mixed with the hash oil, you must remember the amount of this substance would be very small (as the amount of hash smoked is usually very small too). And remember, too, when we smoke the weed, we inhale all the smoke of burnt weed, which contains lots of harmful chemicals, tars, etc, and in a far greater quantity than anything present in a small piece of hash oil. So, all in all, i still think smoking hash oil is healthier than smoking weed.

FreeVenice is offline Registered+
    Nice post. I'll be all over that in april. . .

Frivolous248 is offline Registered+
    What percentage of the original yield do you get?

How much did you use and how much did you get?

What would be the smallest amount to use. I might wanna try this with a few grams...

Well... i used mids (only because i hadnt anything better ), and the weight of hash oil i got was about 10% of the weight of the raw weed. Probably better weed will produce more oil.

The smallest amount of weed i used was 1-2g. It did make a small ball of hash with about 1/4 inch (6mm). The only problem with very small amounts is scrape it from the dish, as it forms a very thin layer. For small amounts i would suggest to evaporate it in a wine cup (or anything with a spherical bottom). Smaller the surface of the acetone, greater the thickness of the layer of hash oil, and easier to scrape.

For me, a small ball with 3mm (1/8inch) is enough. But i have a somewhat low tolerance, so probably you will need some more.

And good luck!

soteksguard is offline Registered+
    I use everclear when I do this. I feel like smoking that is probably better than smoking nail polish.
    Moirraine and Buggy like this.

Everclear is alcohol dont? I use it when i make green dragon. It will work for hash oil too.
    The only differences are the THC is more soluble in acetone than in alcohol, so you must use more alcohol, or let the weed soaking it more time. And alcohol takes more time for evaporate too.
    But this are small diferences, and any apropriate solvent must work as well.

soteksguard is offline Registered+
    I'll buy a half ounce and leave it in a fifth of everclear for a few weeks, and just kinna take a little bit of booze off of the top from time to time---not much, though, and I won't do that after the first few days.

you could make the process of extraction of the THC way faster, just simmering it in a water bath, as described in the Green Dragon recipe:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/recipes/8...-combined.html
    then, instead weeks, the process of making hash oil would take just a couple of days!

Reefer Rogue is offline Registered+
    Good to know the information is available but i won't be making any hash oil any time soon.
    PEACE

'Why should one be judged by the colour of their skin, instead of the qualities they show from deep within?' - Peter Tosh

If they dont instantly know what you are talking about just walk away.
    Kraloth:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/recreatio...rger-then.html

robert42 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Rogue View Post
    Good to know the information is available but i won't be making any hash oil any time soon.
    in the UK Cannabis Oil is a class A!
    Why is marijuana not legal? Why is marijuana not legal?
    It's a natural plant that grows in the dirt.
    Do you know what's not natural?
    80 year old dudes with hard-ons. That's not natural.
    But we got pills for that.
    We're dedicating all our medical resources to keeping the old guys erect,
    but we're putting people in jail for something that grows in the dirt?

GONE but hopefully not forgotton

go toke up is offline Registered+
    nice guide coelho
    get high in this motha fucka
    420 Crew

Quote Originally Posted by RHODE h1ghSLANDER View Post
    then his 1-eyed, 3-legged dog that got hit by a car came over and started licking my hand..lol this thing seriously shouldve been put down..it was the first time i saw it, i just started giggling uncontrollably and my friends all looked over at me with death stares..i couldnt stop, it mustve gone on for 5 m,inutes just laughing at this dog...

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by robert42 View Post
    in the UK Cannabis Oil is a class A!
    I know - i just keep wondering why? I mean, yes, it's stronger, but no more dangerous.

Delta9 UK is offline Registered+
    BHO is better imho

I use a HoneyBee with some high purity Butane and have Hash-oil ready to smoke in less than one hour.

Must use dry trim though - at least with QWISO you can wash green cuttings

melodious fellow is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Coelho View Post
    well... your concerns about the purity of acetone are very reasonable. Of course it would be much better if you could make has oil with pure acetone.
    i would like to make the oil, but i am rather afraid of smoking something with nail polish remover as well....

Acetone is an irritant and inhalation may lead to hepatotoxic effects (causing liver damage). The vapors should be avoided. In no circumstance should it be consumed directly or indirectly. Always use goggles when handling acetone; it can cause permanent eye damage (corneal clouding).

how long have you been doing this, Coelho? from your posts, i gather you are quite intelligent. do you do this often, and where did you hear about this method? maybe we could check with a chemist or a doctor or both? i would really like to try this soon. peace
    Last edited by melodious fellow; Oct-15-2007 at 09:09.
    VOTE DR. RON PAUL

Disclaimer: None of the information posted under this screen name or this IP address is to be taken seriously, nor do the authors advocate any illegal activities, as posts in these forums are for entertainment purposes only.

angry nomad is offline Registered+
    I really want to make hash oil, but there is no way in hell i am putting acetone on my weed. Is there another method?
    A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for legalization. Ron Paul 2008 for President of the U.S!

Chong Version 2.0 is offline Registered+
    I use pure ethanol and run it through a coffee filter to remove the pulp. My sister works at a lab.

Quote Originally Posted by angry nomad View Post
    I really want to make hash oil, but there is no way in hell i am putting acetone on my weed. Is there another method?
    Why not??? Acetone is the best of all solvents used for making hash oil, as it doesnt dissolve pigments, many tars, and so, making the purity of the extracted oil greater.

Anyway... there is the BHO (Butane Honey Oil) extraction... its very different from this one i posted... just search, there is a lot of threads about it.

Also, you can make green dragon (which means just use ethanol instead acetone), then evaporate all the alcohol. The remains of the evaporation are also hash oil. Note that alcohol dissolves a lot of more things than acetone, including clorophylle, other pigments, tars, so the quality of your hash oil will be lesser. Anyway, for smoking purposes its as good as acetone!

you can always get a sieve or silk screen freeze the green then shake off the crystals onto a clean surface scrape it into some tinfoil fold it into a square then wrap it into a sheet of wet paper fold it up and bake for 1/2 an hour at low tempreture let it cool and then smoke some very potent hash

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast