Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fluid69
  • 1 Post By Graywolf

Thread: Any use for saved stems?

pinkyslayer is offline Registered+

Any use for saved stems?

Is there anything you can do with a jar full of stems? They all come from high grade weed, and all of them have what looks like trichomes all over the stem...so I was wondering if you could make hash or green dragon or anything out of them. Thanks.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Yeah, Green Dragon is a possibility, or you could soak them in tequila and make a traditional home remedy for arthritis aches like they do in Mexico.

allrollsin21 is offline Registered+
    fuel for a fire...burn baby burn.
    though i like stinky's idea better. Mixing the herb and Tequila, wowzas!
    "If we want a beautiful garden, we must first have a blueprint in the imagination, a vision" - His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Weedhound is offline Registered+
    The stems could be counted as weight of product in some counties/states. I'd be careful about keeping "extras" of things around.......also heard they count the rootball as "part of the plant" as well during a bust in some places too.
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

"Your deeds show your character."-StinkyAttic

pinkyslayer is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound View Post
    The stems could be counted as weight of product in some counties/states. I'd be careful about keeping "extras" of things around.......also heard they count the rootball as "part of the plant" as well during a bust in some places too.
    That's a good point. I'm pretty sure they would throw the book at me and count that as weight too, since I live in GA. Anyone else on here feel like they live in the strictest fucking MJ state in the Union?

Bigbore is offline Registered
    i live in TX brother even a misdemeanor possesion (less than 2 oz) can get u jail time

blackdragon5515 is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbore View Post
    i live in TX brother even a misdemeanor possesion (less than 2 oz) can get u jail time
    thats like nothing? 2 ounces only a misdemeanor.

I live in maine anything over 1.25 ounces is a felony.
    New Hampsure which is like 30 minutes from me. A joint will get u arrested

Gunner420 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkyslayer View Post
    That's a good point. I'm pretty sure they would throw the book at me and count that as weight too, since I live in GA. Anyone else on here feel like they live in the strictest fucking MJ state in the Union?

yeah, i live in kansas, and my brother in law said a friend of his got pulled over and they found a few seeds and maybe a stem or 2 and they gave him a big fine, then 2 days later they raided his house and only found a dirty bong...and now he might have to serve 6 months...for some seeds and a dirty bong....rediculous

fluid69 is offline Registered+
    if everybody in the country saved their weed money for one week, we could buy us a congressman! get some legislation going our way. lol
    hghflyrjd1 likes this.

Gunner420 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by fluid69 View Post
    if everybody in the country saved their weed money for one week, we could buy us a congressman! get some legislation going our way. lol
    haha, that is genious .....but....my weed

fluid69 is offline Registered+
    and that's why we grow our own! lol

lunarose is offline Registered+
    Hi All, I take my stems, boys and trim throw it in a mason jar filled with lemon extract (90+ proof and cheaper then Bacradi 151 or Everclear) let it soak for a month then strain the liquid into a pyrex 8x13 pan and leave it outside to evaporated and then scrape up what's left and use it for edibles.

dmahny88 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarose View Post
    Hi All, I take my stems, boys and trim throw it in a mason jar filled with lemon extract (90+ proof and cheaper then Bacradi 151 or Everclear) let it soak for a month then strain the liquid into a pyrex 8x13 pan and leave it outside to evaporated and then scrape up what's left and use it for edibles.
    Wow. Neat!

bigtopsfinn is offline Registered+
    Since this came up I thought I'd share what my crackhead friends here do:

They save the stems in a glass jar until its full. Then then put acetone in the jar, close it shake it up for a while, and stick it in the freezer. It stays there a while, the longer the better they say. Then it gets strained and poured out onto some dish. They wait for the acetone to evaporate, and usually take tobacco and scrape the oil off the plate, then right into the bong.

Now, tobacco is definitely not healthy, but what do you think about the acetone? I think it leaves some residue, right?
    99% of the growing info you need can be found here: Cdot grow guide and FAQs

Completed grow logs:
    First grow - LST'd Trainwreck -- Two Trainwrecks in SCRog -- Finn'SCRog 2010

Coelho is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtopsfinn View Post
    Since this came up I thought I'd share what my crackhead friends here do:

They save the stems in a glass jar until its full. Then then put acetone in the jar, close it shake it up for a while, and stick it in the freezer. It stays there a while, the longer the better they say. Then it gets strained and poured out onto some dish. They wait for the acetone to evaporate, and usually take tobacco and scrape the oil off the plate, then right into the bong.

Now, tobacco is definitely not healthy, but what do you think about the acetone? I think it leaves some residue, right?
    I think it depends a lot on the brand of the acetone one uses and the temperature one evaporates it... i always do it (hash oil) with my weed, not only with the stems. I put the acetone into a wine glass, put the wine glass into a pan with boiling water and let the acetone evaporate there, which leaves no residue at all, but only the pure hash oil.
    And i never mix tobacco with it, just scrap it, vaporize it and get HIGH

Quote Originally Posted by Coelho View Post
    I think it depends a lot on the brand of the acetone one uses and the temperature one evaporates it... i always do it (hash oil) with my weed, not only with the stems. I put the acetone into a wine glass, put the wine glass into a pan with boiling water and let the acetone evaporate there, which leaves no residue at all, but only the pure hash oil.
    And i never mix tobacco with it, just scrap it, vaporize it and get HIGH
    I've been thinking about doing it, but having such a small apartment with no powered ventilation makes me think twice.

Completed grow logs:

bubbleboy is offline Registered+
    Take your stems and grind them up, then sprinkle them around your yard to throw off a drug dog.

... stay away from hazardous chemicals, for extraction ... kinda pathetic, to be that desperate for a buzz ... stems make good landfill

Quote Originally Posted by the image reaper View Post
    ... stay away from hazardous chemicals, for extraction ... kinda pathetic, to be that desperate for a buzz ... stems make good landfill
    I feel that way too...

Only here in Finland, especially up North, good weed and hash are hard to come by (not much bad weed or hash either, for that matter). So, the hard-core smokers will extract anything they can, healthy or not

I'm so glad to be my own supplier... don't have to worry about getting every last bit of thc, unlike everyone else paying 15 a gram or more.

Saving stems for cooking purposes might be the best option in the end.

Completed grow logs:

Coelho is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtopsfinn View Post
    I've been thinking about doing it, but having such a small apartment with no powered ventilation makes me think twice.
    Indeed... flammable vapours in a underventilated place are a sure recipe for a disaster.

Well... unfortunately i can get only 3-4oz of mids per YEAR so i must extract even the last bit of the THC from the thinnest stem... blessed are the ones who can grown their own weed...

lunarose is offline Registered+
    I agree that's why I use the lemon extract even if there is residue it's still safe. I buy it at Smart and Final (a local bulk store) for $5 for a pint.

"Originally Posted by bigtopsfinn View Post
    I've been thinking about doing it, but having such a small apartment with no powered ventilation makes me think twice."

You'd need to open all your windows and set up a fan to blow the fumes around so it doesn't concentrate. You also should place the container within a larger container that has some water in it and place it on your stove with the exhaust fan going. You won't want to use acetone or butane stick with a high proof alcohol.

hydrobinol420 is offline Registered
    You can do some good kief with stems and coffee grinder

stankystank19 is offline Registered
    no nothing they are stems only the flower contains what you want break it up and throw it away

ShamanicHippy is offline Registered+
    I just put my stems into the next batch of green dragon. I dont think that the acetone thing is dangerous though. Acetone evaporates pretty quickly when left out and as long as you let your stuff sit in the open for a good long time I doubt there would be any. Just make sure you are using pure acetone. I certainly wouldn't get it near any open flames though. Despite the fact that I dont think it is dangerous, I think I will stick with using everclear for extraction.

Graywolf is offline Registered+
    It depends on what you are looking for. If it is a euphoric high, stems are a waste of your time. If it is pain relief and sleep, stems may be your best friend.

The cannabis oil that I've extracted from stems using hexane was uniformly rated potent and stupefying by the volunteer test groups. No euphoria reported, but a potent analgesic and sedative.

It produces relaxation, followed by slack jawed drooling, as OD approaches, as opposed to speedy euphoric highs.

In the tests, sleep soon followed, but not before a general relaxation of the bodies smooth muscles, resulting in lower blood pressure and sometimes a bowel movement.

It also makes a potent topical. I add .7 grams each of cinnamon bark oil, cinnamon leaf oil, and liquid gum myrrh to each hexane or butane extracted 10 grams of stem oil, plus 8 grams of virgin coconut oil and 2 grams of Emu oil, as a spin off of Exoduses Holy Anointing Oil.

The topical pain relief of muscle and joint pain is fast and profound.

GW
    Last edited by Graywolf; Feb-11-2010 at 12:38.
    GrowGoddess likes this.