Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BeatlesRGod

Thread: Use Marijuana To Treat Cold Sores (Herpes)

BeatlesRGod is offline Registered+

Use Marijuana To Treat Cold Sores (Herpes)

Now that I have confirmed this works, I would like to share with you a very easy way to make cold sore medicine that works incredibly well; and it's made from weed. This medicine has worked so much better for me than any OTC or Rx treatment.
    Lastly, I can't take credit for this I found it on a website while searching google and am simply spreading knowledge.
    Ingredients:
    0.5 grams of the strongest bud you can get
    1 oz of strong alcohol (at least 70% and make sure its clear. Supposedly Iso Alcohol works but I've only used Devil's Springs)

Step 1: Fill a container (like an old Rx or glass bottle) with 1 oz of alcohol.
    Step 2: Break up the .5g of bud into the jar but make sure its very finely done (may not want to use a grinder in case of losing THC)
    Step 3: Leave them in a cool dark place (i use a freezer) for 2-4 weeks, shaking often (every 1-3 days)

FINISHED

Now the next time you feel a blister coming on simply dip a Q-tip into the solution (don't need much at all) and apply to the area. I dab it on, wait 10 seconds, then dab it again and chuck the Q-tip. Do this 3-4 times a day until the blister is fully gone.
    After using this multiple times and letting someone else try it I can tell you it works incredibly well. Once I apply it, if i keep up with it, the blister will virtually stop and start healing by roughly the next day. No prescription I have ever used can come close to the effectiveness of this. Apparently the THC stops the virus from replicating. The type a bud I used I'd consider headies if compared to medical CA nug (which I didn't have access to at the time of the experiment). The original experimenter believes this may actually stop the virus from coming back in that same place too. I have not had repeat blisters in the same area since. Please leave feedback as to how this works for you and let everyone know because I know cold sores suck.
    Here's the original page I found this from: Medical Marijuana Treatment For Herpes Outbreaks
    2bme likes this.

bongkarma is offline Registered
    would I be able to use this recipe for my genital herpies?

Storm Crow is offline Registered+

Smile You might find these interesting reading...

Cannabis May Help Combat Cancer-causing Herpes Viruses
    Cannabis May Help Combat Cancer-causing Herpes Viruses

THC inhibits lytic replication of gamma oncogenic herpes viruses in vitro
    Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) inhibits lytic replication of gamma oncogenic herpesviruses in vitro

Suppressive effect of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on herpes simplex virus infectivity in vitro
    Suppressive effect of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol...[Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1991] - PubMed Result

Inhibition of cell-associated herpes simplex virus
    The Effect of {Delta}-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol on Herpes Simplex Virus Replication -- Blevins and Dumic 49 (2): 427 -- Journal of General Virology

The Effect of {Delta}-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol on Herpes Simplex Virus Replication
    The Effect of {Delta}-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol on Herpes Simplex Virus Replication -- Blevins and Dumic 49 (2): 427 -- Journal of General Virology

Granny
    "If the truth won't do, then something is wrong!"
    Granny's Grandpa- Rev. J. C. Schwabenland

Need MMJ medical studies? Look here!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/medicinal...st-2010-a.html

Granny's list's on facebook-
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granny...0974909?ref=nf

Want your own free copy of the list? email us-
    i.wantgrannyslist(at)greenpassion.org

bongtokinbrothe is offline Registered

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH

I would just like to say thank you to all who have found information I have been researching for a few hours now and finally something that will, ( not maybe) but will help. I found that after going to rehab 1 month after all the THC in my system was gone I broke out. After only having an initial breakout about 8-9 months ago. THC is a GOD Given Cure to all...
    THANKS AGAIN FOR MAKING ME HAPPY, almost commited suicide today after being diagnosed with genital herpes....
    Thanks again

BeatlesRGod is offline Registered+
    You're very welcome, and if anyone has information to add please continue to do so (any information or perhaps an more effective method). Don't kill yourself over herpes!!! I only have cold sores but I know how you must feel and they have gotten me pretty upset/depressed too, but there's always tomorrow!! If anyone has tried this I would love feedback!

OPENMIND1138 is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatlesRGod View Post
    You're very welcome, and if anyone has information to add please continue to do so (any information or perhaps an more effective method). Don't kill yourself over herpes!!! I only have cold sores but I know how you must feel and they have gotten me pretty upset/depressed too, but there's always tomorrow!! If anyone has tried this I would love feedback!
    i have the same going on with me, ive read what you posted it's really helped i was getting really depressed over my condition, i would also like to know if you smoke it will it help with the cold sores also, thank u very much for posting

roddrumon is offline Registered

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by OPENMIND1138 View Post
    i have the same going on with me, ive read what you posted it's really helped i was getting really depressed over my condition, i would also like to know if you smoke it will it help with the cold sores also, thank u very much for posting
    I don't think smoking it would apply high enough concentration to the affected area. Thats why the q-tip dab method works so well.

Years ago I tried the same thing (great minds, huh?) but instead of alcohol I used tea tree oil. The buds changed the color of the tea tree oil so I can only assume that some important ingredients were dissolved.

I applied the tincture to the corners of my mouth where I was getting my cold sores, twice daily. After a day the sore dried up and after a couple of days it fell off!

Then i figured lets use this stuff as a mouthwash, so I put some on my finger and rubbed it all around and used a tooth brush to brush it onto the inside of my cheeks and on my tongue and all over my teeth. Dont' do that cause it tasted really really bad.

Anyway, to make a long story short. I've never had the cold sores come back. I'm cured! Thank you mj (and tea tree oil)!!

OH, and thanks for the good thread BeatlesRGod.
    Last edited by roddrumon; Aug-28-2010 at 08:58.

SmokeNRun is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by bongkarma View Post
    would I be able to use this recipe for my genital herpies?
    lol. I wouldn't see why not?

OPENMIND1138 is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by roddrumon View Post
    I don't think smoking it would apply high enough concentration to the affected area. Thats why the q-tip dab method works so well.

Years ago I tried the same thing (great minds, huh?) but instead of alcohol I used tea tree oil. The buds changed the color of the tea tree oil so I can only assume that some important ingredients were dissolved.

I applied the tincture to the corners of my mouth where I was getting my cold sores, twice daily. After a day the sore dried up and after a couple of days it fell off!

Then i figured lets use this stuff as a mouthwash, so I put some on my finger and rubbed it all around and used a tooth brush to brush it onto the inside of my cheeks and on my tongue and all over my teeth. Dont' do that cause it tasted really really bad.

Anyway, to make a long story short. I've never had the cold sores come back. I'm cured! Thank you mj (and tea tree oil)!!

OH, and thanks for the good thread BeatlesRGod.
    thank you very much, hopefully i can get some bud by tonight or next week so i can start on it, thanks for helping a guy out