Thread: Cold tincture method

samspad is offline Registered

ky1956 is offline Registered+
    Just curious. You keep posting about tinctures, have you tried to make any yet?

Hawbes is offline Registered
    I've never tried it, just collecting methods. Here's a thread with all the methods I've been able to find so far.

Alcohol Tincture - Marijuana Growing

I'm making my first glycerine tincture today, I have; 5 ml of keif from a bubble bag extraction and 45 ML of glycerine; sitting in a crock pot filled with water to the level of the glycerine in the flask; I shake every 15 min - 60 min.

I'm having trouble disolving the trichnomes and having the cannaboids absorbed by the glycerine - there is sedement on the bottom of the flask when I let it sit and the glycerine is almost clear above the sediment level when left to sit.

I'm scouring the forum for a solution, if anyone has insight I'd appreciate the help.

thanks

Last edited by Hawbes; May-13-2009 at 15:35.

grumio is offline Registered+
    Please post your results with the glycerin tincture - good or bad. I tried a hot extraction into glycerin once & it didn't work well at all. I have had good glycerin tincture before though. It can be done. I guess.

Ethanol works fine for me.

jebus2029 is offline Registered+
    The keif might just take time to dissolve. I think you have to let them sit for 6 weeks or so (shaking everyday). Or you can heat it up to speed up the process. I read a thread here about it. Full detail on how to do it.