Cannabis.com

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HolySeed

Thread: Vacuum and fractional distillation

Graywolf is offline Registered+

Vacuum and fractional distillation

I just love it when a plan comes together! Here is my new rig for vacuum and fractional distillation undergoing shakedown boiling water this morning.

I followed by removing the hexane from an hops oil extraction and then washing it in ethanol and vacuum distilling that off to leave an absolute.

I also picked up an Alhin condensor and a soxhlet, for refluxing, isomerizing, and soxhlet extractions from hash.

Tomorrow I will try it on a cannabis oil run. Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort...................

GW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vacuum and fractional distillation-shakedown.jpg  

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

HavaTok is offline Registered
    Vacuum evaporation is way safer than boiling solvents off, as well as resulting in a cleaner end product. This is the way we isolated alkaloids for cancer research experiments in the 80's. You are on to something good there!

scflood is offline Registered

How'd it go

I have a vacuum assisted fractional distillation setup as well. I would be forever indebted in you had any advice or even just to know how it turned out

Graywolf is offline Registered+
    OK, I'll keep you in the loop. Please do the same with what you come up with.

Presently still working on condensing afterwards and have projects ahead of it.

HolySeed is offline Registered
    Just bought a Kontes distillation apparatus for fractional distillation. I want to distill under vacuum, but can't figure out how to calculate temp difference that the vacuum pressure will change. Like 157* C to boil off THC, but under pressure using ethanol, changes the temp to....? Anyone?
    Vacuum and fractional distillation-image.jpg
    sundance. likes this.

Mal420xl is offline Registered+
    whered you find that?

Marzfisch64 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by HolySeed View Post
    Just bought a Kontes distillation apparatus for fractional distillation. I want to distill under vacuum, but can't figure out how to calculate temp difference that the vacuum pressure will change. Like 157* C to boil off THC, but under pressure using ethanol, changes the temp to....? Anyone?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1099 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	290622
    If you have this setup, you can buy a liter of D-Limonene (a highly non-polar solvent with a boiling point HIGHER than THC) grind your herb finely and add to your flask with Limonene and vacuum distill the THC and other cannabinoids! You can distill almost all the THC out of your herb, and have a highly potent hash oil in the collection flask.

Will This Make The Best Hash Oil Available?

Don't quote me on this method though, because I'm still trying to get answers as to weather it will work or not myself! =P