Thread: Heat Cannabis before butane extraction?

nineteen60nine is offline Registered

Heat Cannabis before butane extraction?

This question is most likely already answered but i just want to make sure im up on my chemistry.

I have seen many a video and many a thread demonstrating butane extraction, but ive seen none that say anything about heating the cannabis before starting the process of extraction. I know that canabis must be heated to convert the pre-THC molecules to activated THC as one would with green dragon or canna-butter.

Is there some reason why this isnt necessary with the butane method of isolation?

I thought maybe it is because most people smoke the finished product (requires no pre heating ) and im planning on ingesting it orally.

Thanks buds.
    Last edited by nineteen60nine; Jul-26-2010 at 02:15.

nineteen60nine is offline Registered
    Haha this should be closed. Decarb after extraction.

I should have read up!

MadSativa is offline Registered+
    no, no heat in BHO, you can whip (coffee warmers work good) it but not really heat it. making a pure extraction is not like making green dragon or Butter for cooking. Heat is not need to to extract a pure product. The process of making pure weather in BHO or Ice-O-Lator is similar in that they freeze the bud making the tircomes brittles and manageable and able to handle.

NO heat MORE cold in making pure
    Last edited by MadSativa; Aug-13-2010 at 09:14.
    the cure for cancer is real
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw