Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree405Likes

Thread: My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil

kayakush is offline Registered+
    i would love to try some of that oil.....the problem is i cant get it and i dont have 1/2 lb of premiumn bud......thats cool that is very beneficial to people....
    GrowGoddess likes this.

GrowGoddess is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsby View Post
    Hey GG,

The video mentions a number of different base solvents for extracting. I know that some use isopropyl but I've also read that isopropyl leaves trace elements of known carcinogens. Can you comment on different solvents that can be used with pros vs. cons?
    I am no expert when it comes to the solvents. I made my decision on what solvent to use just on basic common sense. I felt that the 99% isoporpyl was by far the safest solvent. It is used in hospitals to swab your skin before getting a shot. It is considered safe for sterilization (even for cleaning your bong or pipe). I haven't heard of anyone concerned with the 99% isopropyl being toxic for sterilization. I purchased my 99% isopropyl alcohol at my local Meijer, I had to ask for it at the pharmacy because it was not on the shelf.

Pros & cons, in my opinion, 99% Isopropyl on the down side extracts some chlorophyll, but on the good side in my opinion is much safer. Naphtha on the down side, well it is used as an engine degreaser, in my opinion, it is more dangerous than 99% isopropyl on the good side for naphtha, it might not extract the chlorophyll but I am not for certain on that.

The chlorophyll leaves a bad taste when ingesting, smoking or vaping, and makes the oil dark, and if you ingest too much chlorophyll, you can get chlorophyll poisoning (diarrhea, vomiting, etc.). You are not going to get chlorophyll poisoning if you use quality buds and make the oil properly in my opinion. What is more concerning is the product you use. For example, say you use 4 pounds of leaves and stems, and you have to consume a much larger amount of oil because it is not that potent, then you are consuming large amounts of chlorophyll. When the oil is made right, it is very safe when it comes to the chlorophyll or using 99% isopropyl. What is really more important is how the buds were grown. Were chemical fertilizers or pesticides used? This is far more important because no matter what solvent is used those chemicals could also be extracted and end up in the finished product. That is why I grow only 100% organic in soil and I do not use any pesticides. I always recommend to anybody and everybody to make the oil yourself, because that is the only way you will really know what you are getting. I hear all the time of oil being at the dispensaries and such. So much of that is fake, low grade, diluted, infused with other oils, etc. In my opinion, those oils are not of full medicinal quality. When it comes to cancer and such, having the real high quality clean oil is most important.

With using the 99% isopropyl, there are ways of reducing the amount of chlorophyll extracted. One example is, if your buds were dry and frozen and the 99% isopropyl was also kept in the freezer, you can do two quick 5 minute washes. From what I understand, since the bud and 99% isopropyl are at below freezing temperatures the THC is more easily removed and the chlorophyll is more difficult to remove and the oil should come out a more golden color.

I have seen many debates about which solvent is best. If you drink too much water you can die from water poisoning. It is not so much which solvent, it is all about the product (the cannabis) and being certain to evaporate out the remaining solvent (as shown in the video finishing off on the coffee cup warmer) it is important to bubble out the remaining solvent with a coffee cup warmer, it can take up to 12 hours.

When using any other solvents that may have a small percentage of water, it can extract a percentage of the red oil out of cannabis. The red oil is water soluble and I have not heard any studies being done with the red oil. So I am not sure of its qualities good or bad. I do know that the 99% isopropyl does not extract it.

This picture is of red oil that I extracted after initially washing with the 99% isopropyl. After the remaining cannabis dried I then soaked it in water, filtered, and cooked down to extract the red oil, just out of curiosity. One example of the red oil is that the aroma of the cannabis was in the red oil. I think some studies need to be done on the red oil to see if there are any medicinal values in it. The red oil in the pictures have no THC. I made it for experimental reasons and I discarded it because I do not know if it contained medicinal qualities. I am considering in the future to have a sample tested.
    My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-dscf5570.jpg----------My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-03-31-2011004.jpg

Here are some pictures of my cannabis soaking in the 99% isopropyl. I chose to do it in quart canning jars so I could shake it up real good and also see what is going on.
    My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-buds-solvent-stripping-thc.jpg----------My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-stripping-thc-buds-dark.jpg

I have a patient that has been ingesting and vaporizing the oil at least three times a day for approximately nine months now and I have had no complaints from him yet. Only complements and positive feedback.
    Weezard and painretreat like this.
    Registered Michigan Medical Marijuana Caregiver
    A natural choice is the best choice
    Putting Simpson Oil to the test in fighting cancer

Something else I do to reduce waste. When I get as much of the oil into the syringes as possible. To clean up the waste, I add a little bit of 99% isopropyl alcohol to thin it back out so I can coat some rolling papers with the oil using the back of a spoon. I put the coated papers onto some wax paper and let it sit out and dry (evaporate the iso) for a day or two. I will put one to three coats of the thinned oil on each paper taking care not to get any on the glue. Doing this will give a joint a little extra kick.

Here are a couple of pictures.

My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-oil-coated-papers.jpg----------My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-joints-simpson-oil-coated-papers.jpg
    painretreat and nuthercarer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakush View Post
    i would love to try some of that oil.....the problem is i cant get it and i dont have 1/2 lb of premiumn bud......thats cool that is very beneficial to people....
    My first time making the oil I only used about 1/4 pound of bud. Here is a pic of that 1/4 pound which is four different strains.

My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-qp-choice-buds-make-simpson-oil.jpg

You do not have to use a whole 1/4 pound. The problem is that you get the same amount of waste (oil stuck to the sides of the pan, can't get into syringe, etc.) off of two ounces or two pounds. You can try to do it with only one ounce, it is just that it will be more difficult to get into a syringe, but it is a great way to try sampling it to see if it is what you are looking for.
    painretreat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yujiro1982 View Post
    Someone said in another forum acetone is another alternative, but i want to know how much solvent you need to use per pd
    I would not recommend using acetone, but I am not an expert so I really don't know.

Here is just a rough guess of how much solvent. For one pound of cannabis, I would estimate that it would take (12) 16 ounce bottles of 99% isopropyl alcohol. The amount needed varies. It would primarily depend upon how many times you plan to wash the material. The density of the buds is also a factor. Each time I have made the oil the amount of solvent needed has been slightly different. Even when I use the same strains and the same amount of bud, the quality and amount of the oil seems to vary up to 20%. It is a little unpredictable. I would try to make sure there is some extra on hand just in case.
    painretreat likes this.

These are all great questions. There are some that I simply cannot answer. However, I believe that many of your questions can be answered here.

Phoenix Tears

Also, here is another video of a miracle cure with a type of cannabis oil that I recommend to view. Shona Banda wrote a book "Live Free or Die", she talks about her battle with crohn's disease. Shona talks about Simpson oil and I heard she speaks of the red oil in her book. I have not read the book yet so I cannot confirm.

Shona Banda - Live Free or Die - YouTube

bigsby is offline Banned
    I recalled reading about the Ispropyl issue some time ago. It's been sticking in my head so today I did a bit of digging on a different board and came up with some information written by Oldmac who taught me a GREAT deal, both directly and via his writings to others in various forums and boards. He was an AWESOME mentor. I have not seen him online for some time. OM I hope you are OK. We miss you!

Anyway, OM recommends using grain alcohol. I see the logic and it is the route I will go if I ever go down this road. I hope this adds to the knowledge base here and the discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmac
    By law each 100ml of "denatured" alcohol must contain no less the 355mg of sucrose octaacetate and no less then 1.4mg denatonium benzoate. These, especially denatonium are also added to anti-freeze, windshield wiper fluid etc. to keep people, kids and animals from ingesting such items. But signifacant amounts remain after denatured alcohol evaporates and even tho both are benign if ingested orally, the burning of denatonium benzoate has been shown to be a carcinogen.

Since I have spent the last 25+ years providing mj to cancer treatment patients and also hospice care patients (I see many from the first group later in the second group) I find that anything that falls into the carcinogen category offensive. Especially so when cause (exposure) to effect (cancer) can be 10, 20 or 30 years later.

If you want to take the chance...fine by me, but I would appreciate it if you did not pass along such a recipe to others. Especially since an alternative, grain alcohol, is available.
    painretreat and GrowGoddess like this.

I have seen this debate before and I have found through my research that there are many pros and cons to many solvents.

For example 190 Everclear has 5% water in it, which can extract the red oil from the plant material. If you are using chemical fertilizers, you will also be extracting that which in turn will end up in the finished product due to the fact that the fertilizers are water soluble, where the THC and other elements are oil soluble.

I stick with the fact that the quality of the cannabis and the quality of the method of converting into the oil, everything else is secondary. Also, all the people I have seen debate on many, many posts and sites, not once have I seen one of the people try both ways and do a quality comparison. In the future I myself would like to compare iso with 190 everclear. I forewarn, anything less than 190 everclear, it is a wast of money and time, in my opinion.

I have also read that comparing the toxins in the liquor or iso that the liquor carries half the toxins as the iso, so if I am not mistaken, it is probable that the remains of the liquor after processing the oil may also carry a percentage of carcinogens similar to the iso.

I agree, it is worthy to try. Thus far I have no reason to believe that the iso is more dangerous.

Now if he is talking grain alcohol like "moonshine", I have read that it cannot be used, that it is far more dangerous in many ways, I just can't remember the details.
    Last edited by GrowGoddess; Dec-13-2011 at 16:32.
    painretreat likes this.

Weezard is offline Registered+
    Howzit Bigs.

The problem with that logic, is the confusion of denatured Ethanol with Isopropyl alcohol.
    One of the few thing Oldmac ever got wrong.

Denatured Ethanol does indeed contain those denaturants and should never be used for tinctures, or extractions.
    Un-denatured, ethanol, (Grain alcohol), is very expensive and I found it to be less efficient than I. A..

Isopropyl alcohol does not need, and does not contain, any denaturant
    It is not necessary.

The skinny:
    "

PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY
    Isopropyl alcohol is a sedative-hypnotic agent whose toxicity closely resembles that of ethanol, with which it shares strong structural similarity. Like ethanol, isopropyl alcohol's precise mechanism of action in the central nervous system (CNS) remains uncertain. Changes in membrane fluidity and/or function, and interactions with neurotransmitter receptors, are believed to account for the CNS effects of alcohols and other simple hydrocarbons. There is a linear relationship between the molecular weight of alcohols and their sedative effects: as size increases so does sedation. Thus, isopropyl alcohol is marginally more potent than ethanol at comparable concentrations.

Fatality from isolated isopropyl alcohol toxicity is rare, but can result from injury due to inebriant effects, such as untreated coma with airway compromise, or rarely, cardiovascular depression and shock following massive ingestion. Supportive care can avert most morbidity and mortality. It is important to differentiate isopropyl alcohol poisoning from methanol and ethylene glycol, which are more dangerous. Isopropyl alcohol does NOT cause an elevated anion gap acidosis, retinal toxicity (as does methanol), or renal failure (as does ethylene glycol).

In untreated animals, the median lethal dose lies between 4 and 8 g/kg. Many sources estimate the lethal dose to be 250 mL in humans (eg, less than 400 mL of a 70 percent solution). It is important to recognize that, with treatment, adults and children have survived much larger ingestions.
    "

Isopropyl will cause serious gastric disturbance if ingested.
    (They still get idiots in the E. R. that try it.)
    However, it does evaporate completely, leaves no residue, and is quite safe for oil extraction.

Last time O.M logged in to a sister board was 10/25/11. He left no message.
    Old fart's got me worried.

Aloha,
    Weeze
    painretreat and GrowGoddess like this.
    Everyt'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html
    Plants do things for a reason..they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound

"You have the ability to move 1000 times faster than your plant, but that doesn't mean that you should." - Emilya

Quote Originally Posted by Weezard View Post
    Howzit Bigs.

The problem with that logic, is the confusion of denatured Ethanol with Isopropyl alcohol.
    One of the few thing Oldmac ever got wrong.

Denatured Ethanol does indeed contain those denaturants and should never be used for tinctures, or extractions.
    Un-denatured, ethanol, (Grain alcohol), is very expensive and I found it to be less efficient than I. A..

Isopropyl alcohol does not need, and does not contain, any denaturant
    It is not necessary.

The skinny:
    "

PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY
    Isopropyl alcohol is a sedative-hypnotic agent whose toxicity closely resembles that of ethanol, with which it shares strong structural similarity. Like ethanol, isopropyl alcohol's precise mechanism of action in the central nervous system (CNS) remains uncertain. Changes in membrane fluidity and/or function, and interactions with neurotransmitter receptors, are believed to account for the CNS effects of alcohols and other simple hydrocarbons. There is a linear relationship between the molecular weight of alcohols and their sedative effects: as size increases so does sedation. Thus, isopropyl alcohol is marginally more potent than ethanol at comparable concentrations.

Fatality from isolated isopropyl alcohol toxicity is rare, but can result from injury due to inebriant effects, such as untreated coma with airway compromise, or rarely, cardiovascular depression and shock following massive ingestion. Supportive care can avert most morbidity and mortality. It is important to differentiate isopropyl alcohol poisoning from methanol and ethylene glycol, which are more dangerous. Isopropyl alcohol does NOT cause an elevated anion gap acidosis, retinal toxicity (as does methanol), or renal failure (as does ethylene glycol).

In untreated animals, the median lethal dose lies between 4 and 8 g/kg. Many sources estimate the lethal dose to be 250 mL in humans (eg, less than 400 mL of a 70 percent solution). It is important to recognize that, with treatment, adults and children have survived much larger ingestions.
    "

Isopropyl will cause serious gastric disturbance if ingested.
    (They still get idiots in the E. R. that try it.)
    However, it does evaporate completely, leaves no residue, and is quite safe for oil extraction.

Last time O.M logged in to a sister board was 10/25/11. He left no message.
    Old fart's got me worried.

Aloha,
    Weeze
    Why thank you.

I am not qualified to properly debate on which methods of extraction are better or more safe. I do know that the 190 Everclear will not extract as much TCH as the 99% iso, and the end product (oil) will be more diluted.

I put my trust in Rick Simpson. He is more qualified than I am regarding methods of extraction. He mentions that the iso is a safe alternative to other solvents, so that is what I chose. From a cancer patient's view, like my patient, the iso method has already been proven to work. Using anything else that could cause the oil to come out more diluted would reduce my confidence in its effectiveness.

Bottom line, the most important thing here is that more qualified medical marijuana patients having the opportunity to get safe access to high quality cannabis oil. Also, for everyone in the medical marijuana community to be educated on the potential medicinal benefits of the oil.

bigsby is offline Banned
    Hey Weez, thanks for setting the record straight. I appreciate you taking the time to lay it out so concisely. I'm quite interested in the subject. And like anything we do, more learning is always a good thing. Hope you are well.
    GrowGoddess likes this.

And thank you, G.G.!

This is an excellent thread!

Were it allowed, I'd rep you daily for it.

I know a li'l chemistry, a li'l electronics, some physics, medicine, dat kine sing.
    Anyway that I can he'p, be not shy.

Aloha nui,
    Weeze
    Last edited by Weezard; Dec-13-2011 at 19:38.
    GrowGoddess likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsby View Post
    Hey Weez, thanks for setting the record straight. I appreciate you taking the time to lay it out so concisely. I'm quite interested in the subject. And like anything we do, more learning is always a good thing. Hope you are well.

I try my 'umble best. :-}

Thanks for the concern.
    If my home-brew oil is up to snuff, I'll be quite well.

Howzit with you, brah?

Weeze

ky1956 is offline Registered+
    GrowGoddess, thank you so much for sharing this information. Read a post on a different site of someone who put a years worth of AVB in a blender with 99%ISO and let it run for 10 minutes, Then strained, let the alcohol evaporate, and made candies with the remaining goo. Similarly I soaked a 1/2 oz of mexi-brick weed in 5 ozs of Everclear for 5 months, strained, let it dry and ended up with maybe a gram and a half of blackish/greenish hash like goo that was quite potent considering it's humble origins, which were worthless to smoke. I suspect that if either conconction were attempted with quality, all bud product, that the results would be of a similar nature to Rick Simpson oil. Think I'll get some 99% iso once Christmas is over.
    GrowGoddess likes this.

vacko is offline Registered

Rick Simpson Strain

Hi guys,

My first post here. I was trying to find perfect strain to make Rick Simpson Oil. He recommends any Indica strain that has 20% or more THC.
    I have found on forums that Blueberry, LA Confidental, Buba Kush can be used to make RSO.
    I did some RSO with 99% isopropyl alcohol and it's very strong. I don't know which strain I used. Didn't grow it myself.
    My wife used it and she can handle only 2-3 rice grains of oil per day. It's very hard for her to increase the dosage. For sure it will take some time.
    My questions are:
    Are these strains OK to make RSO? Any recommendations are welcome.
    Where to buy seeds? We live in Europe. Found some sites like Resin seeds, Rhino seeds, London Seeds centre, Amsterdam seeds,...
    Should I buy feminised seeds?
    I am planning to grow it and any suggestion on that are very welcome.
    Maybe I should grow some strain which is easy to grow. I am interested in Indoor strains.

Cheers

Vac

Cheers back atcha,

It is my understanding that the THC concentration is less important than the CBD concentration.
    That's why Indica strains are recommended.

Been reading a bit and have made some oil from Jack Herer, Gainesville Green and from several Sativa dominate mixes.
    The high THC seems to be the limiter on dosage for most people.
    They get too high for comfort.

High CBD strains temper the "up-ness" of the THC, and are medically more active for Cancer control.
    (Do not quote me on this ,it's just my understanding of what I've read and tried.)

My personal experience is really quite limited.
    But, have just germinated some "Herijuana" and some "K.O. Kush" for their thc:cbd:cbn ratios.
    Also plan to try some "Anesthesia" and "Jackberry Kush".

Give me a few months and I'll have better information for you.

As for easy to grow indoors?
    I found White Widow to be very easy to grow indoors and the end product is
    quite impressive.

Is the oil medically effective?

I'm currently watching an experiment with an MS patient, and waiting on some test results from a prostate cancer patient.

The remission in the MS patient is stunning!
    And I should have some numbers on the cancer patient by the middle of April, but initial results are encouraging.

Please keep us posted on your progress.
    Aloha brah,

Wee 'zard
    nuthercarer likes this.
    Plants do things for a reason..they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound

"You have the ability to move 1000 times faster than your plant, but that doesn't mean that you should." - Emilya

Cheers back atcha,

It is my understanding that the THC concentration is less important than the CBD concentration.
    That's why Indica strains are recommended.

Been reading a bit and have made some oil from Jack Herer, Gainesville Green and from several Sativa dominate mixes.
    The high THC seems to be the limiter on dosage for most people.
    They get too high for comfort.

High CBD strains temper the "up-ness" of the THC, and are medically more active for Cancer control.
    (Do not quote me on this ,it's just my understanding of what I've read and tried.)

My personal experience is really quite limited.
    But, have just germinated some "Herijuana" and some "K.O. Kush" for their thc:cbd:cbn ratios.
    Also plan to try some "Anesthesia" and "Jackberry Kush".

Give me a few months and I'll have better information for you.

As for easy to grow indoors?
    I found White Widow to be very easy to grow indoors and the end product is
    quite impressive.

Is the oil medically effective?

I'm currently watching an experiment with an MS patient, and waiting on some test results from a prostate cancer patient.

The remission in the MS patient is stunning!
    And I should have some numbers on the cancer patient by the middle of April, but initial results are encouraging.

Please keep us posted on your progress.
    Aloha brah,

Wee 'zard
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for advices. I know that Rick Simpson is suggesting to make oil form Indica strain with 20% or more THC. Following this I have found Violator Kush (MalanaXHindu Kush) which has 22% THC and 1.5% CBD on GTA Seedbank - Barney's farm.
    Maybe it's better to follow Rick's instructions.
    Some people suggested Cannantonic from Resin seeds which has ratio of THC:CBD 1:1.
    My wife has mets on her bones. She has started with the oil one month ago. I made the oil myself but don't know which strain.
    She's very sleepy after she takes the oil. I hope she will start soon with 1g per day.
    She did radiotherapy 2 times last year, no chemo. On Phoenixtears I read that she should take 120-180 g in 6 months.
    I will keep you posted on her progress.

Cheers

Vacko
    nuthercarer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vacko View Post
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for advices. I know that Rick Simpson is suggesting to make oil form Indica strain with 20% or more THC. Following this I have found Violator Kush (MalanaXHindu Kush) which has 22% THC and 1.5% CBD on GTA Seedbank - Barney's farm.
    Maybe it's better to follow Rick's instructions.

Absolutely!

And it is my understanding that high CBD strains are most effective against cancer.
    I looked up the Cannatonic.
    It looks like a good bet.
    Keep us posted on it please.

I'm trying 3 monster strains for the THC, CBD, CBN.
    "Anesthesia", "Herijuana", and K.O. Kush.
    Just planted, so it will be a while.

We have found, however, that high THC strains are very effective for MS.
    Reduces symptoms while still allowing mobility.
    With MS, mobility is often the goal.

So Gainesville Green and Jack Herer we're crossed both ways.
    The JH X GG had very large, but mild colas.

But, when I tried GG X JH I was happily surprised by a superb pheno that is now a momma.
    Low CBD, very high THC and a miracle with advanced MS.
    And that agrees with the federal patents on THC regarding nerve repair.

(Might want to look that up)

Some people suggested Cannantonic from Resin seeds which has ratio of THC:CBD 1:1.
    My wife has mets on her bones. She has started with the oil one month ago. I made the oil myself but don't know which strain.
    She's very sleepy after she takes the oil. I hope she will start soon with 1g per day.
    She did radiotherapy 2 times last year, no chemo. On Phoenixtears I read that she should take 120-180 g in 6 months.
    I will keep you posted on her progress.

Cheers

Vacko
    You have a good grip on this, Vacko
    Been doing your homework, yah?

One month in is a little early for objective proof.
    So, subjectively, what's your feeling on progress?

The subjective on the PC patient?

Because of the location of the positive margins upon biopsy, and the perineural invasion.
    He should be impotent and be having "elimination problems" by now.
    Happily, he appears to be, symptom free.
    We hope to have some objective, numbers in a little over a month.

And I'm sure you've read Rick's views on chemo and radiation.
    Don't let that worry you.
    With bone mets, radiation is usually tightly focused on individual mets and is palliative in nature.

Don't cure squat, but it shrinks the tumors, and that lessens the pain.
    As long as they weren't killing off the bone marrow it should not weaken her as much as chemo does.

Makes her a good candidate for oil.

A word of warning though.
    If the numbers come back good and the doctors ask how.

Be cautious!
    Whether you trust the doctor that you are talking to, or not.
    He will write it down.
    Someone you might not have trusted face to face, will read it.
    What we are doing here is illegal.
    And some doctors are simply not be be trusted!

The MS doctor was told; "We attribute it to a higher power, and modern science."
    My friend came up with that. Brilliant!
    (She considers herself a modern scientist, so no lies were told.

This story is about to break everywhere, all at once.
    Let him read it in the paper.

My best to your wife.
    And to you, my care-taking friend, I know what you are going through.

Aloha nui, There is hope.

Wee 'zard

Great News!!

The cancer patient I spoke of at the beginning of this thread has recently gone through a CAT scan. There are no tumors present!!! There was a tumor on his chest that was about the size of a baseball. It and the other tumors are completely gone! The only thing remaining is some scar tissue. He and I alike praise God for this wonderful medicine. Cannabis, and awesome plant, a gift given to us all from God. We should all thank Rick Simpson and the sacrifices he made to make the people aware of what God's plant can do. The patient has gained back the 40 pounds he lost. He looks healthier and better than I have ever seen. I am 100% confident and a true believer that the Rick Simpson Oil, when made and used correctly, can cure cancer. Now after 12 years of battling this disease, this patient is cancer free. We can only give our glory to God for this.

Hi to everybody,

This are really good news. I still don't have any update on my wife. She will have medical check in July/August. For now she feels great, no pain, taking oil 3 times per day, biggest piece before going to bed, she sleeps a lot and she's more relaxed.
    Also she's on Budwig diet. It will be one year now.
    Only news is that she has hot flashes lately, more during the night.
    I will give you update in few months or before. Hope somebody will leave some new posts with more good news.

Cheers

Vacko
    Last edited by vacko; Apr-24-2012 at 13:53.
    GrowGoddess and painretreat like this.

badsocref is offline Registered
    Isopropanol works well, and is probably the safest choice. I cannot comment on carcinogens in pharmaceutical grade isopropanol, but it would seem that it should be minimal. Acetone (pure, not diluted) also works well, and evaporates much faster. USP grade acetone is available and should be reasonably safe (from a health perspective). However acetone has a much lower flash point than isopropanol, so you have to be doubly careful about fires. Don't put acetone in a rice cooker (they're too hot). A double boiler on very low heat would work well (acetone boils at 56C; isopropanol boils at 83C). Also, acetone fumes are far more overwhelming (at least to me) than isopropanol, so be sure to have adequate ventilation. 30-60 pet ether (petroleum ether, 30-60 degree 'cut') or hexane will also work well. I don't know if USP grades of these solvents are available. It's similar to "white gas", but I would not use "white gas" due to impurities. These solvents also evaporate rapidly (like acetone), and have the advantage of extracting much less chlorophyll than acetone or isopropanol. Ethanol (USP or everclear - NOT denatured) is great for tinctures. Actually, you can use any distilled alcohol with an alcohol content over 50% to make a tincture (cask strength scotch or bourbon works well, and tastes mighty good; 151 rum also works well). Extract the plant material a couple of times. Tinctures made from alcohol will contain significant amounts of chlorophyll, but no more than you'd eat in a good helping of spinach. Unless you are especially sensitive to leafy greens, you are not likely to get chlorophyll poisoning. It takes a LOT of chlorophyll to make a person sick.

Have any of you ever had your oil tested?

"Bob"
    painretreat likes this.

Here is a video testimony of the Hodgkin's Lymphoma patient I spoke of in this thread.

Hemp Oil Cures Cancer - YouTube
    painretreat likes this.

Hi L&G,

I was waiting some time to write this post. My wifes story goes like this: 2004 dg breast cancer hormone positive, HER neg.(full medical treatment chemo,etc...), March 2011 metastatic breast cancer (tripple negative) on her bones. My wife did CT scan today and the results came clear. All organs and bones are clear from new mets. She did 3 radiotherapy treatments on her bones in last year. All organs clear all the time.
    Only thing is that her tumor markers came higher than usual. Her CEA 15 3 was usually around 25 (30 is the limit) and today it was 53 and her CEA marker came higher 1.4 and usually it was around 0.3 (0.5 is the limit).
    We are worried since her markers were always bellow limit. This is the first time that her markers went sky high.
    Her oncologist suggests two options:
    1.) Wait 6 weeks and make another blood tests to see if the markers are going up or down
    2.) PET CT next week

My question is if anybody have experienced this that RSO showed false results on tumor markers or this is just that the dead cancer cells are leaving the body and they are still in the system or something else.
    She had around 50 g of oil in 3 months period + Budwig diet from April 2011.

Any suggestion will be helpfull

Vacko
    painretreat likes this.

I'm no doctor.
    But, as a human, I'd opt for the PET now, while the markers are high and, of course, the blood tests also in six weeks.

I know how much damage worrying can do.
    It is better to know something, good or bad, than to imagine the worst.
    The scans are clean and yes, it is possible that the "tumor markers" are misleading.

My "marker" is a specific antigen that is only produced by prostate cells.
    After 6 weeks of RSO, my doubling rate increased!
    Still symptom free though and will have a scan in September as a base to judge the next course of oil against.

She has what is most important.
    Your obvious love.
    So, I won't wish her luck, I'll wish her health.

I wish you both aloha,

Weezard

Thanks a lot for reply.
    I have just double checked her blood tests and CEA levels are raised from 1 to 1.4 but they are still in range, 5 is the limit, not 0.5. That's my bad.
    I agree that tumor marker test can be misleading but the markers showed increase. Her CRP levels were little higher also, showing some inflammation. Maybe this is the reason the CEA 15 3 markers are higher than normal.
    We will decide in next days what to do next.

I'm no doctor.
    But, as a human, I'd opt for the PET now, while the markers are high and, of course, the blood tests also in six weeks.

I know how much damage worrying can do.
    It is better to know something, good or bad, than to imagine the worst.
    The scans are clean and yes, it is possible that the "tumor markers" are misleading.

My "marker" is a specific antigen that is only produced by prostate cells.
    After 6 weeks of RSO, my doubling rate increased!
    Still symptom free though and will have a scan in September as a base to judge the next course of oil against.

She has what is most important.
    Your obvious love.
    So, I won't wish her luck, I'll wish her health.

I wish you both aloha,

Weezard
    painretreat likes this.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast