Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree425Likes

Thread: My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil

gracelesskelly is offline Registered
    I only recently became aware of RSO and would really like to try it for my recurrent cancer but I'm in an illegal state. Now I'm not against breaking a law or two to save my life but I'm concerned with quality. I live in Missouri and our drug dealers aren't known for their quality control or expertise. In my experience, the availabilty is either bad, good or great. I wouldn't know an indica if it bit me in the face. Growing isn't an option for me. Any suggestions on how to find the proper ingredients when I'm 'shopping'? Or is it posible to travel somewhere legal to purchase what I need? I have a plethora of proof that I'm a cancer patient. Thanks in advance, any advice is most appreciated.
    Last edited by gracelesskelly; May-01-2013 at 20:13.

Really, ANY advice.

I'd make a great patient for a caregiver. I'm really nice, I don't have cooties or bad breath and I have cancer, so I'm a sure thing.

Weezard is offline Registered+
    Why is growing not an option?

Reason I ask, is it's about the only thing I give half way decent advice about.

Judging bud quality is a learned skill.

Reading about it is not experience, but it's a good start.
    I suggest that you click on the link in my signature and start reading.
    You'll find a veritable plethora of information. (Sorry, hadda)

Seriously, you'll get plenty of help here.
    But what quality of help you get, will reflect the quality of your queries, yah?

Welcome to cdot from a fellow traveler.

Aloha,
    Weezard
    Everyt'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html
    Plants do things for a reason..they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound

"You have the ability to move 1000 times faster than your plant, but that doesn't mean that you should." - Emilya

OOooo I like you, Weezard, you is funny! Growing isn't an option right now because I live with a friend who isn't exactly the liberated type. Hoping to change that in the future but in the meantime, I'm sorta stuck between a rock and a tard place. I want to start the oil regimen but I'm so uninformed I don't know where to begin. I'm sloooowly coming up to speed. I've been reading my butt off for the past week, from the minute I heard about Rick Simpson oil. My goal is to find a reliable source in my area and produce my own or find a willing and experienced caregiver and travel to get what I need. The whole process is sorta daunting but I'm determined to figure it out because this cancer nonsense is really getting old. I've been at the mercy of my docs for over 2yrs and I'm tired of feeling pooey and looking like the guy from that Powder movie. I'm supposed to start my 7th kind of chemo next week and the thought of doing so makes me want to cry and/or vomit. I don't know how to up the quality of my queries, at this point I'm not even sure what to query. I just know that I need help getting started. I promise any help I receive won't be wasted on me, if someone can help me save my life I vow to use whatever time I have left to help others.

Quote Originally Posted by gracelesskelly View Post
    OOooo I like you, Weezard, you is funny! Growing isn't an option right now because I live with a friend who isn't exactly the liberated type. Hoping to change that in the future but in the meantime, I'm sorta stuck between a rock and a tard place.

See, you've defined a major problem right away.
    You could leap 2 hurdles at once by moving to any state in the 21st century.

I'm an old steelhead.
    Been chasin' ever higher highs, since '65.
    Even worked for a corporation that was rabid about their zero tolerance policy.
    Smoked heavily everyday and none were the wiser.

Simpson oil is a whole 'nother level though.
    If you do it right, it will be impossible to hide from your friend.
    You will need to push your tolerance.
    Push it too hard and you will be a boneless chicken for 8 -16 hours.
    Should your friend be unaware of the reason that you are suddenly a people-skinned rug, you could see the inside of an ER.
    And, depending on how under-informed you friend is about the true nature of Cannabis, you could be incarcerated, (for your own good, of course ).

So, I would strongly advise that you change your situation first.
    You will not be able to hide this from friends and family.
    Best to get your friend on-board, or move out.

I want to start the oil regimen but I'm so uninformed I don't know where to begin. I'm sloooowly coming up to speed. I've been reading my butt off for the past week, from the minute I heard about Rick Simpson oil. My goal is to find a reliable source in my area and produce my own or find a willing and experienced caregiver and travel to get what I need. The whole process is sorta daunting but I'm determined to figure it out because this cancer nonsense is really getting old. I've been at the mercy of my docs for over 2yrs and I'm tired of feeling pooey and looking like the guy from that Powder movie. I'm supposed to start my 7th kind of chemo next week and the thought of doing so makes me want to cry and/or vomit. I don't know how to up the quality of my queries, at this point I'm not even sure what to query. I just know that I need help getting started. I promise any help I receive won't be wasted on me, if someone can help me save my life I vow to use whatever time I have left to help others.
    Goodonya!
    Start with providing some details about the malaise
    For some kinds of cancer, RSO is, um, less effective.

And for some kinds, it's a total waste of resources.
    It is NOT a cure-all!
    For some cancers it is merely a safe and excellent palliative treatment, nothing more.

That said, once you chart a navigable course, we'll be happy to help in any way we can.
    I'm sure that I speak for many of the old-timers here.

Also, best to start a new thread rather than hijack this one.
    Make the title reflect the content and the right people will find it, yah?

'twould also be a good idea to goto your personal page and start a photo album.
    Only has to have one picture in it.
    No gotta be weedish, anything will do.
    You'll see why later.

Aloha,
    Weeze

My friend is aware and supportive, just not willing to take a growing risk. I'm heeding all of your advice immediately and will vacate this thread. Thanks so much for your help!

GrowGoddess is offline Registered+

Electronic Cannabis Oil

My most recent experience with Rick Simpson Oil.

I may have successfully created electronic cannabis oil. Using RSO, I have added other ingredients to it in an attempt to mimic the electronic cigarette oils. I did this because the e-cigarettes work so well. I love the pen vaporizers. When it comes to convenience, they cannot be beat. I have looked into other pen vaporizers meant for waxes and other oils. I have read many forums discussing the different pen vaporizers available. It seems that there is no all mighty pen vaporizer out there, each brand seems to have various problems.

One challenge with this experiment is that the e-cigarette oils are water based and the RSO (cannabis oil) is oil based. That limits a lot of options.

Since there is no A-1 pen vaporizer, I decided to make some A-1 cannabis oil that an electronic cigarette would be accommodating to. It is still in the testing phase. It takes some time to consume one oil fill in the vaporizer. Looks like it will take a couple weeks if not longer to determine if I have had true success in this e-cannabis oil.

It tastes very good. When it comes to vaporizing oil, it is the best experience I have had. It definitely gives me the strongest buzz effects compared to any other vaporizing method I have used. I have also noticed that the buzz effect seems to be different than with smoking or vaporizing straight RSO.

My new G-Oil (LOL) , vaporizes at a lower temperature than what the RSO does. It thins the oil out so it can be used in a wick type pen vaporizer. It also helps penetrate tissue (lungs) so that the RSO can go into the blood stream faster and more efficiently.

I will check back soon and give more of a final report. It is still in the trial stage.

I only paid $35 for the vaporizer after tax and shipping.

My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-e-cannabis-oil-aka-g-oil.jpg
    Registered Michigan Medical Marijuana Caregiver
    A natural choice is the best choice
    Putting Simpson Oil to the test in fighting cancer

Well, the pen vaporizer seems to be quite worthy. They are inexpensive enough to purchase extras or replacement pieces. I am using a Dream Vapor Electronic Cigarette. Looks like ego T makes a similar product. It seems that the parts may be interchangeable. There are all kinds of accessories, like variable voltage batteries.

Well, the big trick to make it work was actually pretty simple. I would very gently warm the RSO just until it melted. Then I take it off the heat and add propylene glycol to it. The mixture varies between 20-50% PG to RSO. The PG is used in some e-cigg oils, pharmaceutical products, and food processing. It causes the oil to penetrate the skin, or lung tissue which aids the oil to enter the bloodstream more effectively. Also, it causes the oil to vaporize at a lower temperature.

Man, I sure do love my pen vape with this oil mixture!

giggletwig is offline Registered+
    GrowGoddess, this information on the e-cig is very interesting to me as I already have an e-cig and find them easy to use, healthier and portable (just using nicotine at the moment though, not as much punch as I'd like to have...). How much of your mixture do you need to vape to get the desired effect? I had thought of making green dragon using propylene glycol instead of RSO. Any thoughts on how effective it would be? I know it would be weaker, but would it be strong enough to have an effect when vaped?

Thanks so much for all the great info you provide and for all of your hard work. It is very much appreciated.
    GrowGoddess likes this.

Never tried green dragon, really don't know much about tinctures like that.

First, one or two big draws from the vaporizer or four small draws I start feeling the effects. However, it is kind of a different buzz than using the RSO straight in an eclipse vaporizer. I prefer the effects from the vape pen.

I look at it this way, the RSO is too thick to work properly in the e-pen vape so it needed to be thinned out. With hash or BHO, I would dilute it similarly until it is a little thicker than the e-cigg oil. If green dragon is already a liquid, maybe it will work just the way it is?

Another thing to consider that I don't know about, is the fact that the propylene glycol causes the oil to vaporize at a lower temperature, does that make it necessary for the oil product to go through decarboxylation? I am guessing it would probably work with other hash type products. All I have tried so far is RSO.

It tastes like quality hash with a hint of e-cigarette. It is unique. I am liking it so much, I haven't cared to even smoke a joint since I have been using the vape pen.

Hope this helps.

If you learn about other products, please let us know.

Update on second cancer patient

Quote Originally Posted by GrowGoddess View Post
    The patient has been confirmed cancer free. No chemo, no radiation, only minor surgery and RSO.

I will fill in the details at another time, need to take a mental break.

The important thing is that the patient is cancer free, happy, and healthy.

If we are lucky, the patient will post his story in his words here for us to read.

Either way, details will be coming soon.
    Well, I was waiting for the patient to post his story here, but it seems he has decided otherwise. So here we go.

The patient had a second surgery, a radical tonsillectomy along with removal of additional nodes on the original effected side. The tonsil and nodes were all biopsied. The nodes all came out negative. The tonsil on the side of the original effected node tested positive. There was a one centimeter sized tumor found. However, there were no signs of it metastasizing! There should have been signs because originally it did spread to a node, the first node that was removed.

Since the tumor source, the tonsil, showed no signs of metastasizing, I believe that is some small proof that the RSO was working. In my opinion, if he continued taking the oil for two or three more months, like the first cancer patient, 5 or 6 months before any surgeries, biopsies, or scans, there would have been no cancer found. We discussed this in the beginning, before he started the treatment that it would be 5 to 6 months minimum to fully terminate the cancer. Again, this is just my opinion, I/we cannot prove it.

The patient feels bad for me. The goal was to cure the cancer without any additional treatment other than with the RSO. I do not blame him, he wanted the cancer out of his body. I would have too. There really is not enough evidence or research in concentrated cannabis oil, I fully understand. The part he does not understand, it that I did not do this to prove RSO works. In my prayers to God, I decided to treat a cancer patient, that was a total stranger to me, for free, and do my best to take away the cancer. As far as I am concerned, there has been 100% success.

The patient is doing well, still recovering from some after effects of the surgery. There was some minor nerve damage which is causing some strength difficulties in one arm. He has mentioned that it is slowly recovering.

Something he did say a couple of times to me. The entire experience was like a dream, something foggy and unreal. He is confident that he is cancer free. He just needs to continue to take maintenance doses of the RSO to keep cancer away. I am confident too.

I was asked not to give too many details, he values his privacy tremendously, all for good reason, and I will respect that.

I have spoken everything as truthful as I possibly could.

The first cancer patient is still doing great too.
    nuthercarer likes this.

Portable Oil Vaporizers

This information is probably better suited to be in the vaporizer section of this website, but, this is part of my RSO experience.

I truly believe that vaporizing the RSO can have great medicinal effects. I also believe that vaporizing the oil is a healthy alternative to smoking buds. It is very similar to smoking the buds in that you get a 2-3 hour buzz from vaping the RSO. For some people this is much preferred, because they do not want an 8-12 hour buzz. Vaporizing does not replace ingesting the oil when fighting serious illness or disease. For lung issues it is a great benefit in my opinion.

After having used the vaporizer with RSO for a while now, I have lost interest in smoking buds.

There are a lot of portable vaporizers available for oils. In my opinion, most of them are junk or they are a rip off. The best ones I have read about cost more than $200 and I have seen many reviews regarding them malfunctioning often, just a waste of money. The highest quality portable vaporizers and the best for your money are going to be e-cigarette oil compatible. With the new vaporizer I purchased, if any attachments will not fit it, I am not interested in it. The new vaporizer is the itazte SVD by Innoken. As far as I am concerned, this is one of the best portable oil vaporizers in the world. It accepts almost all e-cigarette company's attachments. I believe it also accepts some pen vaporizer accessories that were meant for cannabis concentrates. I will know soon, I recently ordered some of those accessories to see if they do fit and work.

This device is superior to most. You can check the resistance of each attachment with a built in ohmmeter. You can adjust the voltage from 3 to 6 volts and you can adjust the wattage up to 15 watts. The unit feels very heavy duty. It has a medical instrument quality feel to it. All this and it is less than $100. By the time you get the batteries and charger for the batteries, the cost is around $120 - $150 depending upon brand and style of batteries and charger.

Here are some pictures.

My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-svd-portable-vaporizer-6-5-13-008.jpg
    My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-surfing-vaping-6-7-13-005.jpg

Close up.
    My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-e-cannabis-6-5-13-009.jpg

SVD Shown with pen style vaporizer atomizer attachment.
    My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-svd-portable-vaporizer-6-5-13-016.jpg

Propylene Glycol USP that I use to liquify the RSO to work in the vaporizer. You MUST use Propylene Glycol USP that is food and medical grade, USP is the key in obtaining the correct type.
    My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-propylene-glycol-usp-6-5-13-018.jpg

More information about the vaporizer to come soon.
    ewohar likes this.

kwilal is offline Registered+
    Howdy folks,
    New here at the site, been lurking for the past 3 months just reading and learning. I'm from the Chicagoland area. Found out I had Stage 3 pancreatic cancer last August, which culminated in a Whipple Procedure being done to me in September. Chemo & radiation followed from Christmas until the beginning of February. In March a friend mentioned Simpson Oil to me and I've been on a learning binge since. Started the Simpson Oil around the beginning of May for 2 weeks, ran out about 6 days before I could get it restocked. Back on it now, hopefully without anymore interuptions. Things are going well so far, would still like to make my own oil soon, supplier has no problem with that, hopefully I'll be able to follow along with GrowGoddess's instructions. Will try making it in the near future. I'm assuming I'll have to do a 90-120 day program, as I've already gone through the chemo & radiation. Can someone tell me how important the Budwig Diet is? I was on it for a few weeks but full digestion seems to be a hit & miss sort of thing. Trips to the restroom seem to end with a fair amount of "flax seed oil slick" on the surface of the water. Is this normal? Just continue with the Diet? I'm sure I'll have a thousand questions as things go along, for now just a quick hello to all and feel free to chime in on any problems which may pop-up for me or set me on the right course should you see me doing sonething wrong. Thanks again.
    Ken
    GrowGoddess likes this.

Welcome kwilal.

An uninterrupted supply of the oil is important. Taking the doses three times per day and working up to one gram per day (.33 gram doses three times per day). I have seen cancer patients cured in as little as two months on up to one year. Being that you have undergone the chemo & radiation a longer regimen of the oil is recommended to help undo the damage that was done from those treatments. Each type of cancer and individual situations, well, the treatment is truly unpredictable.

Should you get to a point where you can make your own oil, be sure to follow the directions. The frozen quick wash method I use is not necessary, it just offers a bonus in taste for the most part. The most important thing with the oil is that quality buds were used to make it and the alcohol (solvent) is purged out properly.

No skimping! You must be patient. One patient I helped advise could not find a coffee cup warmer in their local store and did not want to wait for delivery ordering one online. He decided to use his coffee pot warmer. The coffee pot warmer was too hot and in turn, ruined the oil. The oil was beautifully colored, but there was no buzz effect what so ever. It appears that the extra heat from the coffee pot warmer caused the THC to become degraded.

Good luck to you and may God bless you on this journey.

Thanks GrowGoddess,
    Can't even remember how I got here but it was this thread of yours that got me reading and learning. I'm very fortunate in that my friend who told me about Simpson Oil is also registered in Michigan to grow the stuff so that's one less thing to worry about on my end. He's also taking it easy on my wallet. I noticed you cooked up a batch of oil on page 4 and that's probably the directions I'll end up using. Feel free to e-mail me if there's anything I should know that isn't in there.
    Ken
    Weezard and GrowGoddess like this.

nascarmike is offline Registered+
    Goddess thanks for the info. I've seen the Rick Simpson video and I had my doubts but i'm happy your patient is getting good results. Thank you for being a caregiver. Patients such as myself can't thank you enough for all you do for us.
    GrowGoddess likes this.

Howdy again,
    Quick question for GrowGoddess and the rest of the clan. GrowGoddess mentions taking 1/3 gram of Simpson oil three times a day. I started out slow but worked up to a gram/day in the first week. As it is now, I've been taking the full gram between 9PM and midnight and then hitting the sack for a good night's sleep. Does anyone see a problem with taking the oil all in one sitting or should I be dividing the oil into three daily doses? Thanks for any help.
    Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by kwilal View Post
    Howdy again,
    Quick question for GrowGoddess and the rest of the clan. GrowGoddess mentions taking 1/3 gram of Simpson oil three times a day. I started out slow but worked up to a gram/day in the first week. As it is now, I've been taking the full gram between 9PM and midnight and then hitting the sack for a good night's sleep. Does anyone see a problem with taking the oil all in one sitting or should I be dividing the oil into three daily doses? Thanks for any help.
    Kenny
    Three times per day is the ideal regimen. I strongly recommend three equal size doses per day. The gram per day thing is a toughie. Different oils, with different potency can vary dramatically. There is really no way to tell what is the "correct" size dose to fight cancer or any other serious illness. Especially if there is not somebody with experience in the oil and judging potency. A lot of the cancer patients near me will get together share, and discuss their issues. Share samples to get an idea of what oil they have.

There are many different types of lab testing out there based on potency. If any of them are truly accurate, I do not know which is the right testing procedures to seek so I don't fully trust the lab test potency results I have seen posted.

The best advice I could give, for someone using RSO to fight an illness, would be three equal size doses per day, and as much oil that can be consumed. I believe that is what Rick would say.

I did have a patient that was taking antidepressants when using the oil. He was able to get up to a gram per day quickly without feeling major effects from the oil. When he did reach the gram per day point, he was baked out of his mind 24/7 throughout the entire treatment. He commented that even a simple chore like taking out the trash, became complex.
    boaz likes this.

Finally got it and I want to show this bad boy off!

Custom glass design. Three mj leaves and a custom drip tip (mouthpiece). Only one like it in the whole world as it is my custom design, yeah baby!

First time getting to vaporize my e-cannabis oil through an all glass rig. The taste is out of this world. So much better than anything I have ever tried. I will surely have to get another one for vaporizing my e-cigg oils. The taste is so much better using the glass tank.

Ordered from High Desert Vapes. It took a while to get it, but was well worth the wait. They definitely pulled through for me.

My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-7-15-13-028-600x800-.jpg

My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-custom-glass-tank-7-15-13-027.jpg

My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-custom-glass-tank-7-15-13-030.jpg

Looks like we will have to wait for the Supreme Court ruling before making any more concentrates, at least in Michigan. The COA just ruled that all concentrates are illegal and the only legal way to use medical marijuana is basically smoking joints or eating it raw. No oils or resins, no topicals, no edibles. We can tell who is running this country and it is not the people, it is big corporations like the pharmaceutical companies. Hopefully I can get back to making oil again.

Just thought I would share one more picture of my custom glass rig.

My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-custom-glass-tank-7-16-13-014.jpg
    boaz likes this.

WKRMN is offline Registered+
    Hello everyone!

This is my very first post...I am so happy I found this forum! My dad was recently diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer (about 3 weeks ago). The doctors have also told him it has moved into some of his lymph nodes. He is going to an oncologist today to learn about chemo and some other treatments. However, I have mentioned some "alternative" treatment options and he seems to be ok with the idea. So...I went ahead and procured some high grade indica (afghan kush, and some northern lights) the other day. I was only able to get about 3/4 of an oz. though....I know, not very much...and my RSO will probably be very difficult to extract.

GrowGoddess- I've read through all of your posts! Thank you so much for the plethora of info. RSO is a very confusing process once you start reading through multiple sites/recipes. I only need a few more items to begin my first small batch of RSO, the solvent being one of them. Since my dads cancer is stage 3, I want to produce the highest quality possible...and it seems like the consensus is to use naphtha to do so. I was planning on 99% ISO...having a hard time finding it. Then I read about everclear, which I can get at any liquor store here...but it seems like people say you get much less THC extracted with this method. Ugh...just writing this post makes me nervous. This stuff is expensive! And I don't want to mess it up. I'll try to post some pics once I get started and let you know my results...but any other tips would be appreciated!

OH! And I have just started to read about this Green Dragon soda/tea stuff....would this be another option?
    Last edited by WKRMN; Jul-23-2013 at 10:00.
    boaz and GrowGoddess like this.

They don't like us to use links here, sorry, but I would order the 99% isopropyl alcohol online or go with the everclear. I have heard too many horror stories with using naphtha. Naphtha can be very dangerous and confusing in finding the safe to use naphtha. Either way, I keep hearing so many bad things about it, I would recommend staying away from it.

I have not tried 190 everclear myself, but my best guess is that it is just not as efficient. It can still produce premium oil though. I am pretty confident of that.

Maybe do your first batch with the 190 since you can conveniently get it. It would be good practice too. It should tide you over until you can order and receive the 99% isopropyl alcohol.

Good luck and God bless.
    Last edited by GrowGoddess; Jul-23-2013 at 21:49.
    painretreat likes this.

"I want to produce the highest quality possible...and it seems like the consensus is to use naphtha to do so. I was planning on 99% ISO...having a hard time finding it. Then I read about everclear, which I can get at any liquor store here...but it seems like people say you get much less THC extracted with this method. Ugh...just writing this post makes me nervous. This stuff is expensive! And I don't want to mess it up. I'll try to post some pics once I get started and let you know my results...but any other tips would be appreciated!

OH! And I have just started to read about this Green Dragon soda/tea stuff....would this be another option?"

If you want the highest quality of an oil that actually does shrink tumors.
    Use the recipe from the horses mouth.
    "Run from the cure"

99% iso is hard to find.
    91% is available at most drugstores
    And 70% is useable but also picks up water soluble components that are undesired.
    You can remove some, but not all of the water, with table salt.

Same goes for Ethanol.
    The highest proof that is commercially available is 181. That's 90.5 % Ethanol.
    The highest proof sold in the islands is 151. that's 75.5 %
    Same story with water soluble components.

If you can't find clean naphtha, I'd go with the 91% isopropyl.

The trick with alcohol extraction is freezing temperatures.
    Put the buds, the solvent, funnel, filter-papers and the containers in the freezer overnight.
    Do 2 quick, (3 minutes), washes, keeping everything a cold as you can.
    That freezes out the water, chlorophyll, etc. and yields a honey colored, very pure oil.
    Then use a fan to do the evaporation at room temperature.

Patience is advised.
    When it looks done, do it some more.

It will look like coffee with cream.
    Then small black dots form and turn into large, black, globs.
    At the end there is some water left over.
    It will look reddish.
    We call that "red oil."
    It has very little psychoactive effect and tastes nasty so we usually discard it.

Then, set it on a coffee warmer and watch it closely.
    When large, (air & solvent), bubbles stop and the tiny, (CO2), bubbles start to taper off, it's done.
    Start with a match head size dose 2 or 3 times per day and increase the size of the dose as he builds a tolerance.

I advise against using Butane.
    It's very dangerous and the end product appears to be less effective as a cancer treatment.

Aloha,
    Weezard
    painretreat likes this.
    Everyt'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html
    Plants do things for a reason..they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound

"You have the ability to move 1000 times faster than your plant, but that doesn't mean that you should." - Emilya

WKRMN is offline Registered+
    Big thanks for the speedy response Weezard! I was just logging on to ask if I should be freezing overnight! So, I picked up some 190 proof grain alcohol today for my first test run. I may switch to ISO if this batch doesn't come out powerful enough. Will 3 minute washes be enough time if I am using everclear (190 proof)? Some people have mentioned the everclear takes longer to remove the trichomes?

Also, with the everclear, do I need to cook it down in a rice cooker? You mentioned just using a fan and letting it evaporate at room temp. That seems like it would take a couple of days? Maybe I am wrong?
    Last edited by WKRMN; Jul-23-2013 at 23:54.

Actually, in a shallow pan it only takes all day.
    And does pick up water from the air.

A rice cooker will speed it up, but you still need to use a fan.
    Ethanol vapor burns with an almost invisible flame.
    And with the right vapor to air ratio, is explosive.
    I only do it out doors, with a fan, and use an induction heater for the boil.

My rig re-condenses the ethanol for re-use.
    My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-dscf7647.jpg
    So the vapor is mostly contained
    I still use the fan though, because Murphy lurks.
    Might not see vapor leaking until half past ignition.

And, that stuff is too expensive to just boil or burn off, yah?

"Some people have mentioned the everclear takes longer to remove the trichomes?"

I did not find that to be the case.
    I inspect the buds with my Eyeclops 100X 'scope before and after the soak
    3 minutes will work fine if you shake the jar well, and for maximum yield you could do 5 minutes without picking up to much chlorophyll.
    Best to stick with 3 minutes and do two rinses though.
    Because as soon as the temperature goes north of freezing your amber oil will turn fluorescent green and taste quite nasty.

If you leave the spent buds in the filter paper at the end for can watch the green color appear as they warm up.

Weigh the buds before you start, then weigh the oil.
    I have ended with 21% yield, but it was superior bud to start with.

Aloha,
    Weeze
    painretreat likes this.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast