Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree383Likes

Thread: My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil

GrowGoddess is offline Registered+

My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil

A while back, I kept hearing about it, read about it, and also about other concentrates.
    With my experience in using cannabis, from Colombian Gold, Thai Stick, Strawberry Cough, to Querkle, finger hash, different types of medibles (brownies, butter, cookies, candy) the medibles never really impressed me. I am sure they work for others, but for me, they did nothing. I also found it hard to believe the testimonies on the Run From the Cure video, that cannabis, when used correctly, can cure illness and disease assist in pain management, getting off of highly addictive pain medication, and so on.

I did not believe that any of the oil extracts could be as potent as people had said, especially the Rick Simpson Oil.
    Out of all the information and research, it seems to me that the Rick Simpson Oil was my best option for treating cancer patients. So I decided to give it a try and see for myself. I have many years of experience in growing high quality medical grade marijuana, indoor, 100% organic.
    It took some time, but I saved up a large quantity of premium bud and followed the Rick Simpson directions (my buds were much more manicured than the ones in his video).

I used 9 oz of premium bud, bone dry. I soaked the bud material in 99% isopropyl alcohol, a bit longer than recommended though. When I got to the point of putting it on the coffee cup warmer it took about 6 to 8 hours before the oil stopped bubbling, telling me that the iso had all been evaporated out. I then sucked the oil up into 2 tsp sized syringes while it was still warm. After it cooled down, I sampled a dose the size of a grain of rice, and I couldn't believe it! It offered much more than any bud I have ever smoked. I was absolutely shocked. After trying it, it made me a believer that the people in the video were speaking the truth of the oil curing them of their illnesses. I never had anything like it before in my life.

My cancer patient couldn't handle taking three doses a day, the size of a grain of rice. It was too strong. When taking three doses, it seems to build up in your system, and you can develop a tolerance. Both of my patients, it took them each six weeks before they were capable of increasing the dose size.

One of my patients has Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a cancer that develops in the lymph-nodes, he has been battling this disease for 11 years and had been receiving chemo treatments and was facing radiation treatment, but he chose to try the oil first. Normally he would have already been taking his annual holiday visit to the hospital for a 6 week term for another bout of chemo, but this time I would have been radiation because he was getting worse and the chemo was hurting his body. He has yet to have been admitted this year. His doctors have even commented that he would be back before Thanksgiving. Well Thanksgiving has come and gone, he is not in the hospital, he is at home with his family and feeling pretty darn good. I think he will even be home for Christmas and be able to ring in the New Year at home. I am not claiming it is going to cure him, but I do believe it is doing him better than what the doctors have offered him during the past 11 years. If anything, this oil has offered this patient much hope. I will be sure to update on his condition in the future.

I would also like to note a warning when taking this concentrated oil. It is very potent! This is something that a user should start off with small doses. Just one dose a little bit bigger than a grain of rice, had me lying down for a couple hours, praying to God to bring me back down. Also, my patients and I, when taking the oil three times a day, have noticed when waking up with the first cup of coffee, before taking the morning dose, feel a little buzzed. I highly recommend to make your own oil. I have tried others and got nothing from it.

Here is the batch of oil made with the 9 oz of product. It produced 8.5 teaspoons of the simpson oil. If you ask me, simpson oil is more efficient than smoking bud. It is not for everyone. One small dose of the oil has much longer lasting effects then any other marijuana products I have tried. The effects can last from 6 to 12 hours from one small dose.

My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-simpson-oil.jpg

This oil in the picture below was made more for using in a vaporizer. It is much more golden, but for ingesting, I think the darker oil has a higher medicinal value. I also believe that the more golden oil is higher in THC. The reason why this batch was more golden is because it was ultra high quality manicured, no leaf material what so ever, and the plants were intentionally nitrogen stressed before harvest, for a lower chlorophyll amount. When vaping the golden simpson oil, the taste is incredible.

My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil-2011_11250006-800x600-.jpg

After making many batches of the simpson oil, I would strongly recommend to use 1/4 lb. or more of indoor grown premium bud. Anything less would be wasteful in my opinion.

I hope this information is helpful.
    Registered Michigan Medical Marijuana Caregiver
    A natural choice is the best choice
    Putting Simpson Oil to the test in fighting cancer

GaGrown is offline Registered+
    Any info you can suggest would be more than welcome! I've seen your work! Nothing but PROPS,here!

Ga.
    Give a man a fish,you feed him for a day! Teach a man to fish you feed him for life!

Ga Grown

A wise Man Once said; "Reminds me of an old saying I just made up..."A good gardener learns how to treat their garden. A great gardener learns how to treat their garden when shit happens."

Rusty Trichome!

http://boards.cannabis.com/redirect-...g%2Findex.html

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Forgive me, but what is PROPS?
    painretreat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowGoddess View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate that.

Forgive me, but what is PROPS?
    Credit for...Congrats or anything that has to do with recognition! Or a big Hoooorah!

Ga.
    GrowGoddess and painretreat like this.
    Give a man a fish,you feed him for a day! Teach a man to fish you feed him for life!

Ga Grown

A wise Man Once said; "Reminds me of an old saying I just made up..."A good gardener learns how to treat their garden. A great gardener learns how to treat their garden when shit happens."

Rusty Trichome!

If you had a lab coat on... I'd swear you were Stinky Attic! She grew some WICKED weed! One of my mentors! Along with Dutch,Rusty,Emmie,Dreamer,Uncle Ben, FIRST AND FOREMOST! Late Great!mota20.. They know who she is! They all have at more than 1 time contributed to my well being! No Lie! Thank all ya'll! There are alot I did'nt mention.. I'm stoned and this could possibly be a subdude rant! I love Indica!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ga.

Ga Grown

Rusty Trichome!

drudown11 is offline Registered+
    Simpson oil represents everything that medicinal marijuana stands for. Ive heard people with cancer claim that with no chemo, surgery, or radiation....the simpson oil on its own reduced the size of the cancerous tumors.

Thanks for bringing it in the light. More people need to know about its effects
    painretreat and GrowGoddess like this.
    Whoever created this universe left marijuana as a gift to the earth, im just being grateful.

bigsby is offline Banned
    Nice work you are doing. I will definitely give the simpson oil a go if I ever build up that kind of inventory... I'm curious about how you store it and how you dispense it? Also, do you have a sense of shelf life?

You're grow space looks awesome. Well done. You must have been well pleased with yourself when that was completed. I'm wondering about the square footage of each room? Also, do you use the greenhouse vaporizer for sulfur? Can you educate us a bit on that? And finally, after completing your build and putting it through its paces, what would you do differently if you were starting again? I completed a much smaller, studs to lights build about a year ago. My only real gripe is where I placed one or two of the outlets. They should have been a bit higher is all. Not much of a gripe really.
    Last edited by bigsby; Dec-04-2011 at 08:24.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsby View Post
    Nice work you are doing. I will definitely give the simpson oil a go if I ever build up that kind of inventory... I'm curious about how you store it and how you dispense it? Also, do you have a sense of shelf life?

You're grow space looks awesome. Well done. You must have been well pleased with yourself when that was completed. I'm wondering about the square footage of each room? Also, do you use the greenhouse vaporizer for sulfur? Can you educate us a bit on that? And finally, after completing your build and putting it through its paces, what would you do differently if you were starting again? I completed a much smaller, studs to lights build about a year ago. My only real gripe is where I placed one or two of the outlets. They should have been a bit higher is all. Not much of a gripe really.

Naw... Just a lil' longer cord,huh? When I move. I'm gonna have a Dream Room! From stud to light.

Ga.
    painretreat likes this.

Ga Grown

Rusty Trichome!

bigsby is offline Banned
    Oh it's only a matter of 1 foot. Just a peeve is all. I love my room. It's an awesome hobby setup. Cab, stainless steal counter space, 3 x 5 foot scrog. More than I need.
    GaGrown and painretreat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaGrown View Post
    If you had a lab coat on... I'd swear you were Stinky Attic! She grew some WICKED weed! One of my mentors! Along with Dutch,Rusty,Emmie,Dreamer,Uncle Ben, FIRST AND FOREMOST! Late Great!mota20.. They know who she is! They all have at more than 1 time contributed to my well being! No Lie! Thank all ya'll! There are alot I did'nt mention.. I'm stoned and this could possibly be a subdude rant! I love Indica!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ga.
    Naw, just GrowGoddess from Michigan. Never used any other screen name when it comes to growing mj.

Dispensing of the oil is from the syringes it is stored in, just a little pressure on the plunger. As for the shelf life, according to Rick Simpson and his group at PhoenixTears, it has a very long shelf life. If kept in the refrigerator and well sealed, it should last years. So far I have one syringe that is from 9 months ago, which as been stored in a safe, and the oil is the same as when it was first made. It is probably the best way to store medical marijuana for long term, in oil form.

The main room that the flower closet is in, is around 135 sf. The closet itself is around 40 sf.

I have used the greenhouse vaporizer for sulfur, only needed to use it once though. I had encountered powdery mildew and the sulfur burner solved the issue 100%, never had an issue since. I only used the sulfur burner for a couple of hours in the grow room. I did two treatments during the time the lights would be on, but had the lights off. I do not recommend running a sulfur burner for more than 2-4 hours, or letting the sulfur burn. In my use, I only let the sulfur melt, I wouldn't allow it to burn. Just my opinion.

Would I have done anything different? Now that is a great question!
    Well, fortunately not much would I do differently. I would have tiled the floor before starting a grow though. The fan speed adjusters, I wanted the type that mount on the wall, like what you would use for a household ceiling fan, but they were out of stock and I was low on patience! So I just got the speedster controllers, I have no complaints with them except for the wires being visible. Now that I know, I would have had my veg room completely rebuilt before putting the flower room in use. I underestimated the intensity of the 1000W HPS lights. My current veg room did not properly accommodate the new flower closet. There was not enough light in veg to where the plants had a difficult time adapting to the intense light in the flower room. If I just put the plants into the flower room without training them, they would end up with severe UV burn. Not sure if UV burn is the proper statement, but the plants had a difficult time adapting right away. My new veg room needs HID rather than High Output fluorescent. I may be able to better answer the question "Would I have done anything different" after completion of my future project, a new flower closet using (3) 600W HPS, with a little different shape of room, but very close in square footage. I have never used a 600 watt light before. It was a difficult decision with the first closet between (3) 600W or (2) 1000W lights. I went with the (2) 1000W because they were less expensive than (3) 600W. If I ever get the 600W closet done, and run a comparison between the two closet, I will be sure to report the results.

Thanks for the comments!
    painretreat and johneg like this.

Naw, just GrowGoddess from Michigan. Never used any other screen name when it comes to growing mj.
    I assure it was an Awesome compliment... Hell.. Check her posts... I've always had the same one myself.

Ga.
    painretreat and GrowGoddess like this.

Ga Grown

Rusty Trichome!

painretreat is offline Registered+
    Say, GroGo, if you have time and most likely you are keeping records of which types of ca & dose, etc. Would really be interested. I've read a lot of studies that imply, just as you, that mmj may cure some cancers. Am very interested in it. As, I believe people like you, with controlled growing and experimention can help to document.

There is no one like our precious Stinky! Just for a tidbit of info here: She and Image Reaper took 4th place in the Cannibis Cup a few years back with NorCal Daddy's Girl! I am sure we would definitely recognize a post by Stinky Attic. Oddly, I was thinking the same thing GG, but figured the post might get nuked and did not want the thread to change its' content!

Your purples picture and post is totally awesome. Haven't seen such pretty purples like that. Nice to know, better to grow in winter for color! pr

Quote Originally Posted by GaGrown View Post
    I assure it was an Awesome compliment... Hell.. Check her posts... I've always had the same one myself.

Ga.
    Oh yes, I took it as a complement. Thanks! I will be sure to check out those posts. I think I have heard that name somewhere, maybe in a magazine, can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by painretreat View Post
    Say, GroGo, if you have time and most likely you are keeping records of which types of ca & dose, etc. Would really be interested. I've read a lot of studies that imply, just as you, that mmj may cure some cancers. Am very interested in it. As, I believe people like you, with controlled growing and experimention can help to document.

There is no one like our precious Stinky! Just for a tidbit of info here: She and Image Reaper took 4th place in the Cannibis Cup a few years back with NorCal Daddy's Girl! I am sure we would definitely recognize a post by Stinky Attic. Oddly, I was thinking the same thing GG, but figured the post might get nuked and did not want the thread to change its' content!

Your purples picture and post is totally awesome. Haven't seen such pretty purples like that. Nice to know, better to grow in winter for color! pr
    I have been keeping records on making the oil. So far though I have only made the oil mixed with 4 strains as recommended from Rick. I am hoping in the future I will have some records of the individual strains when making the oil, haven't reached that point yet.

I have done quite a bit of research on the oil and the effects on some cancers and other illnesses. There is solid evidence that the oil does shrink tumors and cures some cancers and other diseases. One patient I have encountered has severe gout. He took only a few doses of the oil, and the gout literally disappeared from his knuckles. Three months later, without taking any more oil, the gout had not returned to his knuckles and the gout on the rest of his body is still visible, but the swelling was reduced a bit. If he went through the full treatment, I believe the gout would be completely gone. There are many others doing studies and keeping records. More and more information is becoming available about the oil and its medicinal values. It is very exciting really. Like Rick Simpson says, "The plant cannot be patented" so the pharmaceutical companies are making sure that mj continues to be illegal or they will lose billions of dollars. Hemp used to be in almost all medicines 100 years ago.

Thanks again for your complements.
    painretreat likes this.

That is a good one. I am so for Legalization. I know so many with illness and unable to convince them to use Cannabis. Too 'old school.' Tried to convince someone last summer, only 82 yrs old to try it for multiple medical problems. Sometimes I wish I could figure out a way to avoid my guilt and slip some in pills to them! Not that brave though. I simply stick to 'education' and hope it sinks in!

Willing cancer patients--does it get much better? Don't think so! Took care of a friend 10 years ago and got some good grade to give and ended up using it myself to dull the affect of 'stubburness' of an idiot with cancer! Managed to get her Doc on the phone and explained on a Friday he needed to do something before the Sat. unable to keep anything down or 'in'. What a friggin mess it was. By Sunday had to get admitted to Hospital for 4 days due to ineffective case management. Was a popular HMO here. Raised hell with them for it. The doc 'vanished' within a month! When I get someone on my radar, I just don't quit. He was the director of the Cancer Dept!

Cancer, is not my field of specialty. But, has become a great area of continued education and research-as if we live to be 'old enough' we can manage to get some sort of cancer. Since, we all have cancer cells in our bodies, we need to learn more about, 'not feeding the random cells.' gotta go a 5 yr. old needs my attention! pr
    GrowGoddess and williboy like this.

bigsby is offline Banned
    2x 600w are the way to go. Considerably less heat and much better coverage. Plus you can get one ballast to drive both lights. The efficiency gains are considerable. What kind of ballasts are you running? I'm about to pull the trigger on a Powerhouse magnetic 400w HPS. Best quality ballast as far as I can tell. 8 year warranty.
    Last edited by bigsby; Dec-04-2011 at 18:06.
    GrowGoddess and nuthercarer like this.

2x 600w are the way to go. Considerably less heat and much better coverage. Plus you can get one ballast to drive both lights. The efficiency gains are considerable. What kind of ballasts are you running? I'm about to pull the trigger on a Powerhouse magnetic 400w HPS. Best quality ballast as far as I can tell. 8 year warranty.
    I am running the 1000W switchable powerhouse ballast, 8 year warranty. Nice and quiet, low vibration, old school reliable in my book.

drudown11 is offline Registered+
    I am running the 1000W switchable powerhouse ballast, 8 year warranty. Nice and quiet, low vibration, old school reliable in my book.
    Sometimes old school and simple is the only way. My $120 magnetic ballast has lasted me 4 years, while my fancy 300$ digital ballast lasted a whole 7 months before shorting out!
    GrowGoddess and tlranger like this.
    Whoever created this universe left marijuana as a gift to the earth, im just being grateful.

bigsby is offline Banned
    I was looking digital but the more I read about the electronic ballasts the less I liked what I was reading. Seems they have serious issues and the power saving is not that dramatic. After doing my homework I decided I want to go with a ceramic metal halide bulb which solidified my choice of a magnetic ballast as they don't run off of e-ballasts. Then I came across the powerhouse ballasts and was very impressed by the 8 year warranty. No one even comes close to that which leads me to believe they must produce a damn good product if they are willing to back it with that kind of warranty.
    GrowGoddess likes this.

yujiro1982 is offline Registered
    1 what are the strains work best for cancer, I heard anything over 20% of THC will work

2 are they're any other plant i can practice this method of extracting the oil, i am new at this
    GrowGoddess and uncle montork like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yujiro1982 View Post
    1 what are the strains work best for cancer, I heard anything over 20% of THC will work

2 are they're any other plant i can practice this method of extracting the oil, i am new at this
    Great Questions!

Question #1 - It is unknown at this time as to what strains are best for cancer. It is not all about THC. There are 85 different cannabinoids in marijuana. We know THC shrinks tumors, manages pain, and has other benefits and it is strongly believed that the other cannabinoids have medicinal values and also have different effects.
    I recommend using at minimum three different strains to make the oil and at least half indica dominant. I believe a good strain would be LA Confidential, it is a triple back crossed indica. Mixing multiple strains will ensure that you are getting a wide variety of different levels of cannabinoids. I do not recommend using plant parts other than the buds. For instance, I would not use leaves, stems, shake, or roots for medicinal use at all. High quality, well manicured buds is the best to use when making the oil.
    This is a link to the Rick Simpson video "Run From The Cure". I strongly recommend watching this video before attempting to make the oil. In the video Rick mentions washing or soaking the bud material and straining two times. I usually do three washes. Also, in the video they show using outdoor grown marijuana. It does not look to be well manicured. I have only used indoor grown, well manicured buds. I believe the oil I am making is far more potent. For example: My cancer patients have not been able to consume the dosage amounts as recommended in the video. I believe it is because my oil is much stronger due to being grown indoors and having had high quality manicuring. RUN FROM THE CURE - Full Version - YouTube I believe that when using indoor grown well manicured premium buds of strains that are 20% or higher THC your oil will come out twice as strong if not more than Simpson's if not more. If a regular heavy smoker (cannabis) took a dose of the oil the size of a small pea for the first time, they would be "tripping" for at least 24 hours. When Rick says in his video to start with a very small amount, he is not kidding!

Question #2 - I really do not know myself of other plants that can be used with this method of extracting oil.

I would recommend watching the video and being fully prepared. Sacrifice a 1/4 pound of premium bud and make some oil. You will not regret it. It is a miracle oil. Far more potent than any joint you have ever smoked in my opinion. I am a believer about the oil's medicinal qualities.

Thank you for your interest and good luck to you. I believe that you will not regret making the oil, just be safe!
    painretreat and nuthercarer like this.

Sticky here! Lets hope! pr
    GrowGoddess and TheCarer like this.

bigsby is offline Banned
    Hey GG,

The video mentions a number of different base solvents for extracting. I know that some use isopropyl but I've also read that isopropyl leaves trace elements of known carcinogens. Can you comment on different solvents that can be used with pros vs. cons?
    GrowGoddess likes this.

yujiro1982 is offline Registered
    Hey GG,

The video mentions a number of different base solvents for extracting. I know that some use isopropyl but I've also read that isopropyl leaves trace elements of known carcinogens. Can you comment on different solvents that can be used with pros vs. cons?
    Someone said in another forum acetone is another alternative, but i want to know how much solvent you need to use per pd
    GrowGoddess likes this.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast