Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DFW NORML

Thread: Marijuana Detection

Psycho4Bud is offline The Modfather

Marijuana Detection

A very common question in here is: "how long does marijuana stay in the system." Here's a couple sites that give the detection times. If ya know of any other info.....post it up!

The Drug Testing FAQ (v. 4.11)
    How long do drugs (including alcohol) stay in your system?

Have a good one!

KindMidasSoundman is offline Registered+
    may I suggest you sticky this?

excellent information!!

thanks, P4B!!
    DON'T attend concerts at House of Blues!!!
    PLEASE!! READ MY THREAD!!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/cannabis-...use-blues.html

tokinballer is offline Registered+
    awsome

stonersxm is offline Registered
    I dont know really where to post this but I have a serious problem. First of all i get put on probation next week on a tuesday the 20th and if i drop dirty i go to prision. To tell you my smoking pattern well im 18 and i started smoking since i was 11 pretty much everyday longest break i would say is 2 weeks out of the whole time. Im 6 '2 about 175 pounds a have a small beer gut waste size 32 if that helps. Last time i smoked was yesterday not knowing i be on probation next week. I didnt get busted with weed my friend got arrested for car hopping and raded me out so im going to be on restricted probation called youth justice something not really sure on 5 charges of 3rd degree burgarley and possession of tools. Thats besides the point point is i get dropped next week i fail this i violate probation and set to missouri prision because iowa's is fulls. I herd detox drinks just hides ur toxicans in ur kidney and my friend james just failed his Ua after taking a detox drink that garenteed his money back by 200% which is bullshit because for all u who need jobs and shit that aint nothing compared to probation and prision time so please help.

Mr.GoodMorning02 is offline Registered+
    i know this thread introduced the question of how long some herb stays in the body, but if you want to talk in more detail about your problem maybe start a new thread..btw nice info bud

Frivolous248 is offline Registered+
    The problem with giving a detection time is that it varies way too much...

People who will get it out of their system the fastest are skinny people with little body fat and a high metabolism. Some might say that an occasional user gets rid of it faster, which may be true, but also heavy users break it down faster in their body and get rid of it quicker. Supposedly heavy users tested positive after a week long binge (no documentation on this).

Larger people with a slower metabolism will have a longer detection time.

I highly recommend drinking 8+ glasses of water a day. It'll help keep your urine diluted and WILL increase your metabolism. I know I passed a test in the morning after smoking the night before. It was the second time I pissed that day too, so I didn't dilute properly. I just drank as much water as I could before the test, held it in, pissed in the toilet first, then pissed in the cup. It still had a good amount of yellow in it, but I passed.

GotWake88 is offline Registered+
    Marijuana Detection Time Shorter Than Previously Assumed - NORML

According to this article, cannabis detection times with modern drug screens are only 10 days for chronic users, and 3 for occassional users. Does anybody know how reliable this information is?
    "Bitch! You know what I want. I wanna talk to Sampson!"

Cause everyone's a victim
    And everyone's a target
    And everyone's an enemy
    The reason that I spark it.

memoryburner is offline Registered+
    Do what my friend did.....drink vinegar.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider View Post
    It's not your fault. It is a genetic disorder over which you have no control. It's a syndrome called SARJ (Sucks At Rolling Joints), and it is more common than you mght realize. Perhaps it would help if you joined a SARJ support group.

enjoi is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by GotWake88 View Post
    Marijuana Detection Time Shorter Than Previously Assumed - NORML

According to this article, cannabis detection times with modern drug screens are only 10 days for chronic users, and 3 for occassional users. Does anybody know how reliable this information is?
    I would actually think that this is pretty accurate, atleast from personal experience. I'm currently on probation and while I stopped smoking for about 5 months, I eventually got sick of being sober and started again. I smoked for about a week, 1-2 bowls a night, and I passed my drug test after 4 days of not smoking. Following that test I began figuring out ways around my drug tests so I smoked 3-4 bowls a night for about 2 months straight until they noticed and I was tested 7-8 days after that. I again passed with no problem. I'm pretty active though, working out 4-5 days a week and drinking a lot of water + supplements so that might help me out. On the other hand, my good friend who's also on probation smoked once after being clean for 4 weeks or so, then was tested 3 weeks after, and failed his test. He's also pretty "husky" if you know what I'm saying which is why it probably stayed in his system. I wouldn't risk it though like I did, I'd say buy a home test and try it after a certain amount of days and see if you pass so you know exactly how long you need.

greengrass is offline Registered
    Here are some other good resources I have found in addition to that NORML article which seem to corroborate the findings:

AskTheExpert

http://www.labcorpsolutions.com/imag...Flyer_3166.pdf (this one is a pdf file, you'll need adobe to read it)

I think that generally there is a lot of misinformation out there when it comes to the question of "how long does it stay in your system." Most people come across some hearsay and treat it like fact when in reality there have been very few scientific studies done to test the validity of any argument.

greengrass is offline Registered
    Here are some other good resources I have found in addition to that NORML article which seem to corroborate the findings:

AskTheExpert

http://www.labcorpsolutions.com/imag...Flyer_3166.pdf (this one is a pdf file, you'll need adobe to read it)

Erowid Experience Vaults: Cannabis Urine Testing - THC Detection Times in Occasional Smoker - 37341

Erowid Cannabis Vault : Drug Tests (isn't erowid great?)

I think that generally there is a lot of misinformation out there when it comes to the question of "how long does it stay in your system." Most people come across some hearsay and treat it like fact when in reality there have been very few scientific studies done to test the validity of any argument.

meds02093 is offline Registered+
    Drink 200ml of vinegar and you'll be alright. Cranberry juice is also very good for flushing your system.

But as most people know - if you are only an occasional smoker it only stays in your system for a week or two while more frequent smokers (like me ) don't get it flushed out for maybe a month or two, maybe three!
    Evil Santa says he will give you 20g of hash next christmas!

DFW NORML is offline Registered
    Here is a short article I've edited. The information comes directly from a manufacturer of drug testing supplies, the info was meant to help those administering the test. One issue that gives such a wide variance is the use of two different detection levels.

After smoking or eating cannabis the THC is extensively metabolized before excretion. The presence of tetrahydrocannabinol acid or the cannabinoid metabolite in urine is an indication of marijuana use. The excretion half-life of cannabinoid metabolites in urine, range based on different factors such as: weight, age, BMI, etc.

THC (marijuana / cannabis) is one of the "NIDA 5" - the five drugs tested for in the standard NIDA approved drug test. THC is detectable in Urine for 48-72 hours after single use. Habitual or chronic use can be detected in urine for up to 10 weeks depending on quantity, duration, and frequency of use.

THC is rapidly absorbed by inhalation and the gastrointestinal tract. It is almost completely metabolized. The predominant metabolite is 9-carboxy-11-nor-delta-9-THC, which found in the plasma, feces, and urine along with other compounds. Very low concentrations of THC may be detected in urine during the initial several hours, but tetrahydrocannabinol persists in urine at a detectable concentration for many days after smoking.

The standard THC test is a one step rapid, qualitative immunoassay, a biochemical test that measures the level of a substance in a biological liquid, typically serum or urine, using the reaction of an antibody or antibodies to its antigen. The assay takes advantage of the specific binding of an antibody to its antigen for the detection of tetrahydrocannabinol compounds (11-nor-THC-9-Carboxylic Acid) in urine. The cutoff concentration for a positive result in an immunoassay test is 50 ng/ml as recommended by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and NIDA. The cutoff for GC-MS and DOT is 15 ng/ml.

In other words if you are a chronic smoker, do not use the experiences of a casual user to gauge you're detectability time. A chronic chronic user can count on up to 10 weeks. Whereas, someone who rarely smokes could be clear in a fraction of the time.
    iamclean likes this.

winston3338 is offline Registered+
    Great thread / info....Thanks
    Last edited by winston3338; Jun-05-2007 at 14:13.

twoguysupnorth is offline Registered+
    Have a quick question, what is the difference between the urine dip test, and the blood test that you get at the hospital, or even the urine test they do at hospitals. Anyone with real info on this would be great. Thanks
    aint she pretty?

suzie7449 is offline Registered

Unhappy drug test

HI.. I have a quick question. I took a hair drug test yesterday, and I'm freaking out because I took 2 tokes 86 days ago and everything that I read says it sticks to your fat cellls. Well, I'm 5'5 and 220 (I know...) Will I fail? Please help!!!!

Beltman is offline Registered

Thumbs up Passing My Drug Test

This is my first time on my new favorite web site. On 07/30/07 I stopped smoking on 08/03/07 I passed my test.A lot of my friends said its impossible without being caught.I found that water loading and my new (actually,very tasty) drink.Herbal Clean you can find it at GNC.The only thing is you have to do exactly what the directions tell you.This means no cigarettes,no caffeine,no fatty foods at least 2hrs. before test. I'm 5'9"weigh 200lbs.medium smoker if I can pass anybody can.

DFW NORML is offline Registered

Sorry,

I have recieved OSHA and DOT training about urine testing due to a job that I had once upon a time. The Department Of Transportation and employers generally incorporates urine testing for pre-emp. and randoms. I'm not an expert, but I've passed alot of test and have gathered the experiences of people that have passed and failed.