Cannabis.com



Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By FakeBoobsRule
  • 1 Post By FakeBoobsRule

Thread: Does drinking alcohol reduce THC?

  1. #1
    IanCurtisWishlist's Avatar
    IanCurtisWishlist is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Apr-03-2005
    Posts
    702

    Does drinking alcohol reduce THC?

    Hey,

    I have a theory , although it might be somewhat unscientific. I'm wondering if drinking alcoholic beverages might actually help rid your body of THC when trying to clean up for a drug test? As far as I know, ethanol alcohol is a dieuretic (spelling?)... it's something like cranberry juice and caffiene, as it makes you urinate more frequently. Also since THC is soluable in alcohol, would this make any difference???
    Could these sensations make me feel the pleasures of a normal man?

  2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds


    Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds


    Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

     

    Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

    Medical Marijuana Directory


  3. #2
    nightlight is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep-28-2005
    Posts
    754
    definitely. alcohol dehydrates you so your piss more often and then get thirsty again so you drink more water, thus wiping out thc quicker than without alcohol

  4. #3
    tokin'smoker's Avatar
    tokin'smoker is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Feb-09-2007
    Posts
    165
    but wouldn't that mean that any diuretic (also, sp?) would work?
    i mean, if you're equating alcohol to helping you get rid of the thc, couldn't you do the same for caffeine?

  5. #4
    J-dubb206's Avatar
    J-dubb206 is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Feb-06-2007
    Posts
    516
    I think the same only because it makes you piss like a motherfucker

  6. #5
    nightlight is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep-28-2005
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by tokin'smoker View Post
    but wouldn't that mean that any diuretic (also, sp?) would work?
    i mean, if you're equating alcohol to helping you get rid of the thc, couldn't you do the same for caffeine?
    yeah, any diuretic will work. caffiene included. just make sure not to be dumping a bunch of diuretics into your body without sufficient water.

  7. #6
    FakeBoobsRule's Avatar
    FakeBoobsRule is offline Smackdown Moderation
    Join Date
    Aug-17-2006
    Posts
    2,634
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    definitely. alcohol dehydrates you so your piss more often and then get thirsty again so you drink more water, thus wiping out thc quicker than without alcohol
    You are wrong. Slight changes in blood volume will not effect the glomerular filtration rate at which your body removes THC metabolites. This is what governs the rate at which your body is eliminating THC metabolites in the urine. Just because you are pissing a liter every hour or not going to the bathroom but twice a day, your kidneys are still removing THC metabolites at a near constant and given rate. Diuretics will not remove THC metabolites faster from your body.
    the_dude_abides likes this.

  8. #7
    IanCurtisWishlist's Avatar
    IanCurtisWishlist is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Apr-03-2005
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeBoobsRule View Post
    You are wrong. Slight changes in blood volume will not effect the glomerular filtration rate at which your body removes THC metabolites. This is what governs the rate at which your body is eliminating THC metabolites in the urine. Just because you are pissing a liter every hour or not going to the bathroom but twice a day, your kidneys are still removing THC metabolites at a near constant and given rate. Diuretics will not remove THC metabolites faster from your body.
    okay but what i am wondering is that since THC is soluable in ethanol alcohol , would the alcohol in your body actually help to remove some of the THC when you piss out the alcohol??
    Could these sensations make me feel the pleasures of a normal man?

  9. #8
    nightlight is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep-28-2005
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeBoobsRule View Post
    You are wrong. Slight changes in blood volume will not effect the glomerular filtration rate at which your body removes THC metabolites. This is what governs the rate at which your body is eliminating THC metabolites in the urine. Just because you are pissing a liter every hour or not going to the bathroom but twice a day, your kidneys are still removing THC metabolites at a near constant and given rate. Diuretics will not remove THC metabolites faster from your body.
    damn really? looks like i dont have an excuse to get drunk every night during my breaks from weed anymore.

  10. #9
    FakeBoobsRule's Avatar
    FakeBoobsRule is offline Smackdown Moderation
    Join Date
    Aug-17-2006
    Posts
    2,634
    Quote Originally Posted by IanCurtisWishlist View Post
    okay but what i am wondering is that since THC is soluable in ethanol alcohol , would the alcohol in your body actually help to remove some of the THC when you piss out the alcohol??
    You are not getting your BAL up high enough to have any effect that could be measurable. 0.08% is legally drunk in most states and 0.40% you begin to risk coma or even death.
    Burnt Toast likes this.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •