Thread: Getting a script for Marinol

TheBird is offline Registered

Getting a script for Marinol

Hey gang,

So my Dr told me he would prescribe me Marinol finally. The thing is, I'm on probation and I was wondering if anyone knows if they can tell the difference in a drug test for Marinol vs. marijuana. I know there are some cannibinoids in marijuana that aren't in Marinol but I'm not sure they even know enough about that to test for it.

Question #2, what should I bring in to probation with me on my next meeting to show that I'm going to now fail their drug test for THC? I mean, last I heard they didn't even know what Marinol was, let alone that it would fail me for THC.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

FakeBoobsRule is offline Smackdown Moderation
    Active ingredient in Marinol is Delta 9 THC and its major metabolite is THC-COOH, same thing that they will test for when you fail immunoassay and it goes to GC/MS. So both marijuana and Marinol have the same active ingredient and the same major metabolite they will look for on GC/MS. Make sense?

Thing is, depending on the state, probation doesn't have to accept your Marinol script. You better let them know before you start taking it.
    Last edited by FakeBoobsRule; Sep-04-2007 at 01:59.

Storm Crow is offline Registered+
    I believe there is a test that CAN differentiate between Marinol and natural cannabis, BUT is cost more than most places are willing to spend! So unless you p*ss off the probation officer, they likely will just use the cheaper test. And it will show positive with Marinol, so you better start talking to the PO about it now. - Granny
    "If the truth won't do, then something is wrong!"
    Granny's Grandpa- Rev. J. C. Schwabenland

Need MMJ medical studies? Look here!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/medicinal...st-2010-a.html

Granny's list's on facebook-
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granny...0974909?ref=nf

Want your own free copy of the list? email us-
    i.wantgrannyslist(at)greenpassion.org

Thanks you guys. I find it absolutely insane that they say they don't have to accept the Marinol script. How the hell can they NOT? If I have to get the lawyer involved I will. This bitch better be cool with my script. lol

Any idea on what I should bring in to probation with me to show her I'm going to fail?

angry nomad is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBird View Post
    Thanks you guys. I find it absolutely insane that they say they don't have to accept the Marinol script. How the hell can they NOT? If I have to get the lawyer involved I will. This bitch better be cool with my script. lol

Any idea on what I should bring in to probation with me to show her I'm going to fail?
    how about your prescription?

Quote Originally Posted by angry nomad View Post
    how about your prescription?
    Yeah, I'll obviously show that but I'm thinking I need to educate them on the fact that I'm going to fail for THC when I take this script.

mfqr is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBird View Post
    Yeah, I'll obviously show that but I'm thinking I need to educate them on the fact that I'm going to fail for THC when I take this script.
    Yeah, take your prescription with you, and explain to them why you're taking it, etc... and that it is legal. You tell them you're going to fail it because of your prescription, and that's all you gotta say. The rest is up to them.
    blaze the haze for daze
    Embrace the grace of the fine herb.

Storm Crow is offline Registered+
    Hi hon, Since your doctor is giving you a prescription for Marinol, you obviously have a medical problem of some sort! Have you clicked the link in my sig and looked for studies there? There are almost 50 pages (printed up) of just the titles and URL of hundreds of MMJ studies and articles. Unless what you have is rare, chances are, I have a study on it! Going in armed with medical studies will give your prescription more validity (and may even educate your PO!) Oh, and in case they are curious about MMJ and want to see more, you don't want to refer them to this site to see my post (be realistic, it just wouldn't look good)- I have it on .com , a Canadian MMJ site. It a strictly medical site - conservative and down to Earth. Here's the link for the post- and give it to your doctor, too! He could likely stand some more education.
    My birthday gift to you.... - .COM Online Community

Good luck! - Granny
    "If the truth won't do, then something is wrong!"
    Granny's Grandpa- Rev. J. C. Schwabenland

Need MMJ medical studies? Look here!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/medicinal...st-2010-a.html

Granny's list's on facebook-
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granny...0974909?ref=nf

Want your own free copy of the list? email us-
    i.wantgrannyslist(at)greenpassion.org

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Crow View Post
    Hi hon, Since your doctor is giving you a prescription for Marinol, you obviously have a medical problem of some sort! Have you clicked the link in my sig and looked for studies there? There are almost 50 pages (printed up) of just the titles and URL of hundreds of MMJ studies and articles. Unless what you have is rare, chances are, I have a study on it! Going in armed with medical studies will give your prescription more validity (and may even educate your PO!) Oh, and in case they are curious about MMJ and want to see more, you don't want to refer them to this site to see my post (be realistic, it just wouldn't look good)- I have it on .com , a Canadian MMJ site. It a strictly medical site - conservative and down to Earth. Here's the link for the post- and give it to your doctor, too! He could likely stand some more education.
    My birthday gift to you.... - .COM Online Community

Good luck! - Granny
    Hi Granny,

I just went to your site and holy cow, you were right....tons of links to studies!! I found one particularly useful, it describes Cannabis and Marinol in the treatment of migraines. I printed it out and will bring it in when I see her (PO).

Do you have anything that say anything about failing a drug test because I'll be taking Marinol?

Thank you so much!