Thread: Employment Testing: + other ?'s

camelregboy is offline Registered

Employment Testing: + other ?'s

Hello everyone!

First off let me tell you about myself. I am 24 yrs old, Male 230 lbs, The last time I smoked was 32 days ago (1/2 Gravity hit) and before that was 2 months.

I have a few questions for you knowledgeable people here.

1) I bought the First Check home drug test kit for marijuana. The first time I bought it the negative line for THC was extremely faded. Does that mean that their is still marijuana in my system? It says in the book that a faded line means a negative but this line was extremely faded. Does that faded line mean there is still marijuana in my system? Will I be safe going into my drug test knowing that on my home test I had a faded line?

2) Do employment drug tests go all out in testing? I am taking a drug test next week for a TV job, no govt or anything serious. Do these types of jobs normally just use a dipstick? Do they test for Specific Gravity etc? I ask this because I wonder if it is just safer to dilute myself a little bit to get that faded line more solid.

3) I have heard that if you get a negative dilute sample some employers will take that as a positive and not hire you on the grounds that you tried diluting your sample. Is this true?

Overall I am just a little nervous about the whole situation. Even though the First Check kit shows a faded line I am still a bit nervous about what that faded line actually means. So I am trying to decide whether to dilute myself a little bit or just go in and pee regular.

Really thanks for any suggestions and answers guys I appreciate it.

killerweed420 is offline Banned
    1: A faded line still means negetive for less than 50ng.So any line is good.
    2:Should be just your standard 5 panel or possibly 10 panel drug test.
    3:This varies depending on the employer.

You look in pretty good shape for being clean. It kind of depends on how important this job is for you. If you really absolutely have to have this job then synthetic urine is the way to go. If it would be nice to have this job follow the dillution sticky for the morning of the test and you should be good.

camelregboy is offline Registered
    First of all thanks for replying..

When you say standard 5-panel or 10-panel test what does that mean in terms of diluting? Does that mean the only way they can know is by the color of the urine? I'm assuming when you mention these tests being "standard" than they do not check for specific gravity etc.. am I right?

5 panel or 10 panel just means how many different drugs they test for.Dilluting isn't a factor except if you over dillute you'll fail for any of the tests.
    Yes they do test for specific gravity.That along creatine levels,specific gravity and color is how they test for dillution.

I still think you're probably in good shape as you haven't smoked much. Just follow the dillution sticky the morning of the test and you'll probably be fine. There is no way for anyone to tell you that you are going to pass 100%.
    If you are really concerned the best thing you could do is pickup some synthetic urine.

Burnt Toast is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by killerweed420 View Post
    Yes they do test for specific gravity.That along creatine levels,specific gravity and color is how they test for dillution.
    Actually, color is not a factor when determining a diluted sample because urine samples with color to them can still fall short of the permissible levels for creatinine and specific gravity, and thus get flagged.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; Nov-29-2007 at 15:53.

But the drug tech can list a specimen as dilluted when he collects the sample and doesn't see any color.

Burnt Toast is offline Moderator
    But the drug tech can list a specimen as dilluted when he collects the sample and doesn't see any color.
    A sample cannot be legally ruled diluted based solely on visual inspection. Creatinine and SG checks must be run on the sample to confirm that the sample is indeed diluted.

I agree. But I've seen where the drug tech can mark a spot on the initial test by the temp range that it looks dilluted.I'm sure if that gets checked you're in trouble.