Cannabis.com

Thread: 9 weeks without smoking and I still tested positive. Didnt get the job..

spaceage7 is offline Registered

9 weeks without smoking and I still tested positive. Didnt get the job..

Well as the title to this thread says, I stopped smoking 9 weeks ago, got me a home test kit that barely said I was clean, went in for the test, got a call back 3 days later saying I tested positive for marijuana, and I didnt get the job I desperately needed.
    Everyone has their own story of how they were able to pass their drug test but nobody, NOBODY ever bothers to mention their height, weight, how long they been smoking, and their amount of physical activity.
    For me, I have been smoking just about every day for the last 6 or 7 years, I am 6 feet 3 inches tall, and I weigh about 280 pounds. I used to be physically active and was down to 245 last summer but i've really gotten lazy since then and put on a lot of weight. Im one of those that goes up and down with weight. I like smoking, and I like eating.
    I spent $20 bucks on a home test kit that barely gave me a second line to indicate that the urine sample was negative so I felt confident going in to take the test.
    In the instructional booklet that came with the test it said in big bold letters "EVEN IF THE SECOND LINE IS VERY FAINT, IT IS A NEGATIVE READING".
    I have a class A CDL I just earned and of course I cant drive a big rig and still be a smoker (because of drug testing) so I made the decision to cut it out of my life for good. Or at least until I can retire.
    The job I failed the drug test with was not for a big rig but for a position as a city bus driver. I thought for sure I would be clean since it had been a bit more than 2 months since I smoked, and everywhere I read everyone says marijuana is out of your body in 30 days. Unless your a fat ass like me with a lot of fatty tissue where I can store more THC than the regular man. Then it would take longer.
    So what im trying to get to with all this is that I really, REALLY need some good, solid advice on how to get clean before I go test with a truck driving company. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Remember im 6'3, 280 pounds. Someone help a big guy out.

Oh and another thing.
    I personally know bus drivers, train operators, and truck drivers, even a close friend who drives mentally disabled people all of which work for the city of Chicago who avoid smoking weed just because it tends to stay in the body for too long.
    So because of that, they dont use weed to get high. Instead they do coke. Big time! "Its out of your body in 3 days" They say.
    They tell me to try their methods if I want to keep getting high and i've tried it but it just isnt for me. Personally I think it sucks and its over rated.
    Drug testing really does put coke heads and crack heads at a HUGE advantage.
    Unless an employer is doing drug testing 3 times a week, it really is pointless.
    There really is nothing like Mary Jane.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

stinkybudz is offline Registered+
    Well if it was 9 weeks since you smoked when you had that faint line and failed the test, it probably has been longer then that if you havent smoked yet, so a good 12 weeks probably and if your drinking a good amount of water for your weight * i think its like 8-10* you shouldnt test positive at all for the test. Wow on the failing the bus driver part though.. Usually they make you go to rehab...

Shannonm is offline Registered

Question how does pot stay in your system more than 90 days

My cousin is 440 pounds and still dirty. How long will it take for him to drop clean for his probation officer ?

killerweed420 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceage7 View Post
    Well as the title to this thread says, I stopped smoking 9 weeks ago, got me a home test kit that barely said I was clean, went in for the test, got a call back 3 days later saying I tested positive for marijuana, and I didnt get the job I desperately needed.
    Everyone has their own story of how they were able to pass their drug test but nobody, NOBODY ever bothers to mention their height, weight, how long they been smoking, and their amount of physical activity.
    For me, I have been smoking just about every day for the last 6 or 7 years, I am 6 feet 3 inches tall, and I weigh about 280 pounds. I used to be physically active and was down to 245 last summer but i've really gotten lazy since then and put on a lot of weight. Im one of those that goes up and down with weight. I like smoking, and I like eating.
    I spent $20 bucks on a home test kit that barely gave me a second line to indicate that the urine sample was negative so I felt confident going in to take the test.
    In the instructional booklet that came with the test it said in big bold letters "EVEN IF THE SECOND LINE IS VERY FAINT, IT IS A NEGATIVE READING".
    I have a class A CDL I just earned and of course I cant drive a big rig and still be a smoker (because of drug testing) so I made the decision to cut it out of my life for good. Or at least until I can retire.
    The job I failed the drug test with was not for a big rig but for a position as a city bus driver. I thought for sure I would be clean since it had been a bit more than 2 months since I smoked, and everywhere I read everyone says marijuana is out of your body in 30 days. Unless your a fat ass like me with a lot of fatty tissue where I can store more THC than the regular man. Then it would take longer.
    So what im trying to get to with all this is that I really, REALLY need some good, solid advice on how to get clean before I go test with a truck driving company. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Remember im 6'3, 280 pounds. Someone help a big guy out.

Oh and another thing.
    I personally know bus drivers, train operators, and truck drivers, even a close friend who drives mentally disabled people all of which work for the city of Chicago who avoid smoking weed just because it tends to stay in the body for too long.
    So because of that, they dont use weed to get high. Instead they do coke. Big time! "Its out of your body in 3 days" They say.
    They tell me to try their methods if I want to keep getting high and i've tried it but it just isnt for me. Personally I think it sucks and its over rated.
    Drug testing really does put coke heads and crack heads at a HUGE advantage.
    Unless an employer is doing drug testing 3 times a week, it really is pointless.
    There really is nothing like Mary Jane.
    Yeah we've had quite a few here who still weren't clean after 90 days.
    There is a dillution sticky here that would have helped you beat your UA. In your case its probably all you need.
    High fiber diets with metamucil help getting clean. And of course exercise. But sometimes its not enough if you have a slow metabolism.
    There's always the option of subbing with synthetic urine. I'm a retired truck driver and that's what I was using. I use to drive bus for a while too.lol

STIMPY21 is offline Registered+
    7 that sucks bro sorry for ya.
    STIMPY21

jeffman is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannonm View Post
    My cousin is 440 pounds and still dirty. How long will it take for him to drop clean for his probation officer ?

I'm 260+ and Smoked half ounce a week, with a pipe for about a year+, 2 Oz's a month = $240 and I'm pissing dirty 10 weeks later all day long. I haven't even bothered with the first void of the day. QF next time...Good luck...
    Last edited by jeffman; Jul-18-2008 at 19:36.
    Signature? I Don't Need No Stinkin Signature !!

SmuggleyMcWeed is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannonm View Post
    I'm on the hefty side and smoked a oz a month for round 3 years and when I stopped by day 30 I was getting a faint pass line. Really goes to show you that everyones clean time is so different

theforthdrive is offline Registered+
    man, that sucks. I feel ya. I have cleaned my system out in under 30 days before from an everyday habit. But i would say i went over the top with a detox and exercise program. I also once passed with only a 3 day hiatus from the tea method. maybe Im just lucky!