Thread: Offshore Oil Rigs + Drug testing

cygnustaxt is offline Registered+

Offshore Oil Rigs + Drug testing

ok so i've been offered a position on an offshore oil rig, now the benefits are great, 6 months off during the year making 55 grand, ain't that bad. I am aware that they do a lot of drug testing though. I'm wondering if there's anyone out there that is still able to smoke during their two weeks off. Anyone know how many drug tests they do or if they're spread out enough that you're able to smoke at all?
    That was a good one bob

killerweed420 is offline Banned
    Don't know about oil drilling drug policies. But you can always sub.

STIMPY21 is offline Registered+
    An ex bro in law used to work on them out of nc and he smoked, somehow he either knew when they were testing or either subbed. Sometimes he would not smoke and I never asked why.If I were u I'd go for it and then when on board feel it out a little at a time. You won't be the only toker on the crew I can danm near garauntee that.
    STIMPY21

potfor2ski is offline Registered
    oil rigs are pretty tricky, i currently work on one in north dakota. sometimes they can have a person come out and do random hair testing depending on the oil company your drilling company is contracting through. id quit smoking and ask the other hands on the rig