Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Class 3 Medical Exam...

  1. #1
    Brandon8 is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Aug-10-2008
    Posts
    4

    Class 3 Medical Exam...

    Hey.

    I have been smoking weed for about five months everyday. I have a class 3 medical exam in about one and a half months. The reason why I am getting a medical exam done on me is because I am going to get my PPL (Private Pilot's License) soon and I am going to have to pass this test before I am able to obtain this license.

    I read a lot of threads and I know there are a lot of people here who could help me out. I just want to ask a few questions.

    Should I stop smoking bud now? It won't be that hard since I absolutely just LOVE to fly. I would give up anything for it. Even weed... even though it is also one of my favourite things.

    What are some things I can do to test negative? I read a lot of these threads researching and I found out drinking gatorade and lots of water will help. I also read in a sticky that drug tests can only test THC for only up to ten days? Is this correct? Does Quickfix 4.0 really work? Should I spend money on that or do I have enough time to pass this drug test?

    I live in Canada, and I do not know if the United States has the same thing but do you know if it is stricter than any other employees getting drug tested by their employers?

    I also want to know if I am able to purchase home drug testing kits at local stores, like Wal-Mart, Safeway etc.

    Thanks a lot!

  2. #2
    Gynecologist is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug-09-2008
    Posts
    14
    I really think, just for pre-cautious issues, you should quit now. Even if it's a month and a half early, you should still do it just to be sure you will pass it. I reccomend lots and lots of tea, and lots of foods/drinks with b+ if im right. Drink like a gallon of water a day atleast, and by the time the test comes, you'll be clean.

  3. #3
    birdgirl73's Avatar
    birdgirl73 is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Apr-20-2006
    Posts
    6,392
    Moderating

    Gynecologist, you need to stop advising people on drug testing and encouraging water- and tea-drinking until you either go to medical school or lab technology school. Those are basically drug testing folklore remedies. Also, what in the world is vitamin B+? There is no such thing.

    Please make sure that those of you who're asking about drug testing look for legitimate answers from legitimate health professionals. Our mod FakeBoobsRule provides some of the most reliable drug testing info here in this area. Look for his answers.

  4. #4
    Gynecologist is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug-09-2008
    Posts
    14
    I meant to say b2 vitamins, my bad. And sorry, i'm no medical student, to tell people this. Sure as hell those "folklore" remedies, they helped me.

  5. #5
    Brandon8 is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Aug-10-2008
    Posts
    4
    Soo... is there anyone that can give me some advice if tea and water doesn't work??

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    FakeBoobsRule's Avatar
    FakeBoobsRule is offline Smackdown Moderation
    Join Date
    Aug-17-2006
    Posts
    2,619
    Gyn, please stop now. This is an impoprtant section and we need good accurate advice for peoples' jobs, freedom, children ,etc etc etc. I've never said that before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon8 View Post
    What are some things I can do to test negative? I read a lot of these threads researching and I found out drinking gatorade and lots of water will help. I also read in a sticky that drug tests can only test THC for only up to ten days? Is this correct? Does Quickfix 4.0 really work? Should I spend money on that or do I have enough time to pass this drug test?

    I live in Canada, and I do not know if the United States has the same thing but do you know if it is stricter than any other employees getting drug tested by their employers?
    Brandon, I think you do need to do some more reading because I don't think you understand the dilution method. It is drinking measured amounts of liquid on the day of the test to dilute your sample to pass. It isn't drinking lots of water. I don't know what sticky you saw but THC metabolites can be detected for up to 60 days in very heavy smokers with even a few people going longer. The average is about 30 days for a daily smoker but you could still be in danger at 45 days. Quick Fix really does work that's why people recommend it all the time but Jeffman says you need to make sure you order the Canadian version. I didn't know there was a difference in the U.S/ Canada version so check with the company.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon8 View Post
    Soo... is there anyone that can give me some advice if tea and water doesn't work??
    What do you think? Look at how many people post this stuff about tea and drinking lots of water clean you out to only be shot down by scientific evidence and results. Fiber, aerobic exercise, and time, that's all you can do if you want to try to pass on your own. With a medical exam, subbing is sometimes a little harder but possible. Get home tests and sub with a dilution back up if you must.
    Last edited by FakeBoobsRule; Aug-11-2008 at 12:28.

  7. #7
    jeffman's Avatar
    jeffman is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul-29-2007
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeBoobsRule View Post
    Quick Fix really does work that's why people recommend it all the time but Jeffman says you need to make sure you order the Canadian version. I didn't know there was a difference in the U.S/ Canada version so check with the company.
    Hi FBR, Am I glad to see you straighten this bad information out. It's hard to believe that with all the reading on this site someone could come along and say drink a gallon of water a day. You are so right that people have so much riding on these drug tests.

    It wasn't me who said buy the Canadian version of QF for US tests. Brandon, I don't know much about that QF version but I think the one you will find in Canada will have 2 types of crystals that you drop in the QF and if added you only have 7 days to use the QF but I not real sure on that.
    Last edited by jeffman; Aug-11-2008 at 12:45.
    Signature? I Don't Need No Stinkin Signature !!

  8. #8
    killerweed420 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul-31-2007
    Posts
    5,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon8 View Post
    Hey.

    I have been smoking weed for about five months everyday. I have a class 3 medical exam in about one and a half months. The reason why I am getting a medical exam done on me is because I am going to get my PPL (Private Pilot's License) soon and I am going to have to pass this test before I am able to obtain this license.

    I read a lot of threads and I know there are a lot of people here who could help me out. I just want to ask a few questions.

    Should I stop smoking bud now? It won't be that hard since I absolutely just LOVE to fly. I would give up anything for it. Even weed... even though it is also one of my favourite things.

    What are some things I can do to test negative? I read a lot of these threads researching and I found out drinking gatorade and lots of water will help. I also read in a sticky that drug tests can only test THC for only up to ten days? Is this correct? Does Quickfix 4.0 really work? Should I spend money on that or do I have enough time to pass this drug test?

    I live in Canada, and I do not know if the United States has the same thing but do you know if it is stricter than any other employees getting drug tested by their employers?

    I also want to know if I am able to purchase home drug testing kits at local stores, like Wal-Mart, Safeway etc.

    Thanks a lot!
    Don't know what system they use for drug tests. You might do a little research and find out whether its just a standard UA or whether its hair,blood or saliva.
    Urine can take up to 60 days to get clean,hair 3 months,blood 3 days and saliva you can beat in one day.
    Its pretty much up to you how you want to do it. If its just a UA you can sub with synthetic urine. If you want to get clean naturally start exercising and eat a high fiber diet with metamucil. Pickup some cheap thc strips off of ebay and test yourself.

  9. #9
    Brandon8 is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Aug-10-2008
    Posts
    4
    Where am I able to purchase home drug testing kits? Can you only purchase them online?

    Am I better off with getting the THC strips or should i go with the home drug testing kits?

    Thanks.

  10. #10
    jeffman's Avatar
    jeffman is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul-29-2007
    Posts
    635
    Drug stores, wal-mart, there less expensive on ebay.
    Signature? I Don't Need No Stinkin Signature !!

  11. #11
    luvdasmoke812 is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Aug-28-2007
    Posts
    12
    I have passed on the qf 4.0 in Jan 2008.

    I took a drug test friday and I used qf 4.0 and I have not heard from the employer are the MRO I am suppose to start to work tomorrow. Have anyone heard of someone being neg with QF 4.0 the last 2 number on the batch where 08 I bought it at the same location (Headshop) However this test I took on friday was a 10 panel would that make any difference

    Someone please respond to me
    Last edited by luvdasmoke812; Aug-11-2008 at 19:23.

  12. #12
    luvdasmoke812 is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Aug-28-2007
    Posts
    12
    Anyone test postive using QF 4.0

  13. #13
    jeffman's Avatar
    jeffman is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul-29-2007
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdasmoke812 View Post
    I have passed on the qf 4.0 in Jan 2008. I took a drug test friday and I used qf 4.0 and I have not heard from the employer are the MRO I am suppose to start to work tomorrow. Have anyone heard of someone being neg with QF 4.0 the last 2 number on the batch where 08 I bought it at the same location (Headshop) However this test I took on friday was a 10 panel would that make any difference Someone please respond to me
    No to most of your questions and everyone is negative with QF????? Your new so you wouldn't know but you should have started your own thread. Your hijacking someones thread.
    Last edited by jeffman; Aug-11-2008 at 19:36.
    Signature? I Don't Need No Stinkin Signature !!

  14. #14
    luvdasmoke812 is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Aug-28-2007
    Posts
    12
    I think the lab have caught up with the QF 4.0 !!!!!!! I have been waiting over 48 hours for my results on a 10 panel drug screen the temp was 96.6, the tech marked it as being the correct temp. Can anyone shout something out I will also let the forum know if I got the job are if the I got the bad call.

  15. #15
    luvdasmoke812 is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Aug-28-2007
    Posts
    12
    It doesnt give me a option to start a new thread!

  16. #16
    jeffman's Avatar
    jeffman is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul-29-2007
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdasmoke812 View Post
    It doesnt give me a option to start a new thread!
    Go to the main drug testing page...

    Drug Testing - Cannabis.com Forums Message Boards - Medical Marijuana, Cannabis Club, Dispensary, News

    and in the upper left it says new thread

    Cannabis.com Forums Message Boards - Medical Marijuana, Cannabis Club, Dispensary, News
    Signature? I Don't Need No Stinkin Signature !!

  17. #17
    Burnt Toast is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug-06-2005
    Posts
    3,332
    The Canadian version of the QF contains a vial of crystals that need to be added to the QF after pouring into the sample cup. According to Spectrum Labs, the vial of crystals are required "to get past the additional integrity checks of Canadian drug testing".

    For QF users residing in the US, the QF 4.0 is still fine as long as the batch number does not end in 05 and earlier. It is NOT necessary to use the Canadian batch.

  18. #18
    FakeBoobsRule's Avatar
    FakeBoobsRule is offline Smackdown Moderation
    Join Date
    Aug-17-2006
    Posts
    2,619
    My apologies to Jeffman and BurntToast. I now believe it was Burnt who informs posters about the use of Quick Fix in Canada. Sorry to steal the thunder from BurntToast and give it to Jeffman.

  19. #19
    Brandon8 is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Aug-10-2008
    Posts
    4
    Ahahah my thread got hijackedddd.

    Ok. So I read the dilution sticky and I have a few questions.

    Step 1. 4-12 hours before the test take 4 aspirin (not Tylenol or Advil). This step may be repeated every 4-6 hours up until 4 hours before the test.


    - Won't you overdose if you take more aspirin than you are supposed to?

    Step 4. 1-2 hours before the test, take vitamin B2 or B complex (about 10 times the daily recommended dosage). If the vitamins are time release, crush them before taking. You may also take vitamin B with each glass of water, 2 times the daily dosage, if you find it easier.

    - Are there any good vitamin B brands you guys recommend?

    Using this dilution method, would you say that I would be clear within a months time?

    Since I stopped smoking bud only two days ago, I'm sure I still have LOADS of THC in my fatty cells. I plan on purchasing a home drug testing kit within the next two-three weeks.

    I have been drinking tons of cranberry juice and I forgot to tell you my height and weight, since it seems like it is very important. I am 6'0, about 190 lbs.

    Thanks,
    Brandon.
    Last edited by Brandon8; Aug-12-2008 at 13:37.

  20. #20
    Burnt Toast is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug-06-2005
    Posts
    3,332
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeBoobsRule View Post
    My apologies to Jeffman and BurntToast. I now believe it was Burnt who informs posters about the use of Quick Fix in Canada. Sorry to steal the thunder from BurntToast and give it to Jeffman.
    Naww FBR, no thunder was stolen. The more people to get the info out there to the readers, the merrier.

    Yes, I have made a few informs in the past about the Canadian QF. Unfortunately, searching my posts for it is apparently out of the question. The oldest archived post in the forum is dated Aug 13, 2007; and as sure as I'm sitting here hammering away at the keys, I have made those posts prior to that date.

    Bummer...
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; Aug-12-2008 at 17:01.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •