Cannabis.com

Thread: are teachers drug tested?

Stemis516 is offline Registered+

are teachers drug tested?

hey all i am trying to decide what i want to do with my life and what graduate program i am going to enter in the summer and i was wondering if there are any teachers (high-school or junior high only) that have been drug tested for their job and if in general are teachers drug tested in order to be hired?

thanks

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Mississippi Steve is offline Registered+
    My daughter is a teacher(high school), and yes they get tested... for employment, if there is any kind of incident, and the occassional random. She teaches in New Orleans.
    READ MY LIPS!!!
    WEED, SCHOOLS AND/OR CARS DON'T MIX!!!

Don't put yourself in a position where somebody has to *DO* something about it in the first place!!

Pacifism is a luxury paid for by warriors.

http://boards.cannabis.com/cannabis-...c-blue-f2.html

5thHorseMan is offline Registered+
    Probably, they test art teachers for sure, gotta make sure the art teacher is stoned enough to teach art after-all.

hmmm

well this is depressing so far, thanks for the inputs

any other inputs more than welcome

Stonermom18 is offline Registered

Thumbs up Never Fear!

Dear Stemis516,
    Do not let the others get you down, my best friend is a teacher and a daily smoker. Yes teachers are drug tested...monthly in fact. There are plenty of things you can take to pass a urine test though. You also have to look at the school board you are signing up with, if they are stricton there "teacher drug policie", i wouldnt try it with that school. You can look in the teachers handbook you will recive to find out about there policies and procedures. I would try a much smaller school district if you want to remain a smoker, if you find the right one...which if you look carefully im sure you can, (stay away from TX this state is much more strict in there educational track, if you live in TX i suggest a small school district like i said and some great system cleaning pills...Golden Seal is amazing!) Then i know you can smoke a fat one before work and have the job of your dreams, but please keep it a good secret, use eye drops and spray and by all means NEVER TAKE IT TO WORK WITH YOU, like other people are telling you weed and school zones dont mix, but dont let your job mess with your lifestyle.

Happy Smoke and good
    luck to you,

Stonermom18

thanks for the info man

yeah i have no intention of going to work high or smoking during lunch if i become a teacher, but i would need to medicate everyday after work was over and my lesson plans were done...just to unwind, ease my neck pain, and battle my insomnia

im sure not all districts will give monthly tests, i was just hoping for a preemployment tests at the worst or something

Stonermom18 is offline Registered

Cool

No you are right just the larger districts in TX will drug test monthly, they are more strict.i hope you stick with it and i think youll make a great teacher!

NiceDream is offline Registered
    I taught for a charter school and they did no testing at all, just for TB. Public school might be different though.

seattlesmoke247 is offline Registered+
    i have heard in alaska they don't drug test teachers, GL stemis!