Thread: drug test for marines

gally10 is offline Registered

drug test for marines

im about to go in the marine corp, unfortunetly ive been smoking on/off a little bit a weekend and stopping during the week. nothing more than 1g for the past couple weeks. there is a chance i can leave for boot on monday feb, 8 and from im told i could be tested within 3 days of being there. i dont know what to do i cannot fail this test jsut seeing if anyone has any insight of what i can do to help me past this.

im told there are certain teas that will clear your system for good or atleast a week. and i cant take anything else because all the other drinks require mass amounts of water and i doubt ill be able to hug a water fountain while at boot to dilute the test

any help appreciated. im desperate and extremely nervous

copobo is offline Registered+
    you'll fail.

tell your recruiter you fucked up. chances are very good that they will yell at you and push back your date.

If you like smoking weed, you might consider a different career..

apprecaite the honesty. unfortunetly i do like smoking too much but smoking doesnt get you anywhere in life.

im told by a drug counselor drinking lots of water with alot of lemon and drinkiing a detox tea will help clear me out considering im not a daily toker anymore, she considers me a light user

dennisjill is offline Registered+
    I agree wholeheartedly with Copobo. While there are a lot of people in the military who do smoke, if you don't have the self control to not smoke prior to joining the military, this is probably not a good decision. As Copobo said, tell your recruiter up front. Don't fail and ruin his rep and yours. When you pop positive, it will be a federal offense at that time.
    Dennis from Montana, 17 years Navy.
    Last edited by dennisjill; Feb-06-2010 at 18:41.

Burnt Toast is offline Moderator
    im told by a drug counselor drinking lots of water with alot of lemon and drinkiing a detox tea will help clear me out considering im not a daily toker anymore, she considers me a light user

The drug counselor is entirely wrong and needs to brush up on her research. Cuz if she truly had done her research, she would realize that THC is not water soluble. Therefore you cannot wash away THC like you can wash away dirt from clothing.
    However, the THC metabolite concentration in the bladder can be diluted (albeit temporarily) by drinking fluids. The idea is to thin out the concentration enough for the urine sample to register below the cutoff thresholds of the drug screen. As I said, this action is only temporary - once all of the fluids ingested had been urinated out, the "dirty" donor will resume testing positive for THC.

All detox drinks (including tea) work via the dilution factor. They do not rid the body of THC, nor do they convert THC into something that cannot be detected, as the makers and shills would like the consumer to believe. You can spend upwards to $200 on a magic elixir, and accomplish nothing different than you would accomplish with just vitamin B2 and water. Those products are a big scam to seperate the credulous from their hard-earned cash.

There is no product that can permanently rid the body of THC. Only time and fat-burning exercise can do that.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; Feb-06-2010 at 18:54.

zodiac66 is offline Registered+
    Former Marine sniper here..don't fuck it up..you are still a civilian..then you will go in with a drug waiver..can't you put off your feb.8th date? make something up maybe..those fuckin' recruiters can wait.

^^^ zodiak what would be a good reason to move it back. im supposed to go to m.e.p.s on monday. i dont want to tell my recruiter it is because of smoking, not trying ot get kicekd out completely. just asking if there is somthing better i can say to them?

zodiac66 is offline Registered+
    I see what you are saying and understand...family..just make something up..an illness of some sort..and the fact that you know you won't be home for atleast 3 months....