Cannabis.com

Thread: What is this about testing for Uric acid now?

lampost is offline Registered+

What is this about testing for Uric acid now?

Saw in another post that some labs are now testing for uric acid, which would Quick Fix come up as a FAIL!
    I think someone mentioned that the state of Oregon is doing this? Can someone with some knowledge please elaborate? Is this the Oregon DOT? I thought DOT tests were governed by a national standard. Are there any other states that could potentially be doing this (e.g., COLORADO)?
    Brown-eyed women and red grenadine...

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Dieselboy1 is offline Registered
    I've heard of Oregon and Hawaii. Not sure about any others personally

Where'd you hear this? Do you have any source info on it?

Burnt Toast is offline Moderator
    DOT tests are regulated by the Department of Transportation. All parties participating in DOT testing (employers/employees, collection facilities, testing facilities, and Agency designees) have protocols that they must follow in regards to collection, processing, analysis, interpretation, and the reporting of test results. Failure to follow the protocols mandated by the Agency can result in the nullification and voiding of the test. Labs and collection facilities that repeatedly violate the Agency mandates can lose their certification to conduct DOT testing. Since DOT testing is mainly a labs bread & butter, this would spell the end for the lab as a business.

Here is the link to the regulations outlined by the Agency. And in it, you'll discover that uric acid is not part of validity checks, nor there is a set criteria for uric acid, as they are with all the validity checks mandated by the Agency: U.S. Department of Transportation / Office of the Secretary of Transportation

webdox is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselboy1 View Post
    I've heard of Oregon and Hawaii. Not sure about any others personally
    It should be clarified that people have stated they failed in those two states. No one has ever shown a document that verifies that so I am still quite skeptical that Oregon and/or Hawaii are failing. I am interested to see one if someone can produce one that shows that the person failed for have too much or too little "whateveritistheyarefailingfor".

The fact remains that if you buy integrity/validity strips off the net and check your synthetic and before using it at the lab. If it passes the checks, you will pass the lab test if you get the temp right. No ifs, ands, or buts. I would wager that 90+% of QF users don't check before using. Even a legit sample of QF can go bad.
    Last edited by webdox; Dec-03-2010 at 18:07.

killerweed420 is offline Banned
    And these were not DOT related UA's. They were for a private company so theoretically a lab could test for uric acid if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by webdox View Post
    The fact remains that if you buy integrity/validity strips off the net and check your synthetic and before using it at the lab. If it passes the checks, you will pass the lab test if you get the temp right. No ifs, ands, or buts. I would wager that 90+% of QF users don't check before using. Even a legit sample of QF can go bad.
    I appreciate all the feedback...

Can someone recommend a good place to order these integrity strips? What if I ordered directly from urineluck.com? Would there still be the need to perform the integrity check?

I've used QF successfully 3-4 times with no problems. But some of the new info is a bit disheartening. I'm sure it's just some headshops that sell that shit when it's expired or don't store correctly or some shit. At least I hope that's the problem and not a QA/QC issue at the manufacturing level.

Burnt Toast is offline Moderator
    Can someone recommend a good place to order these integrity strips?
    Do a Google search for "drug adulteration test kits".

What if I ordered directly from urineluck.com? Would there still be the need to perform the integrity check?
    If you want peace of mind (considering that its your job and your future thats on the line), then the answer is a resounding yes.