Thread: The Home DePOT

EzRyder is offline Registered+

The Home DePOT

So i recently got a new job workin at home depot, passed the drug test and all that bullshit so i thought i was in the safe. Now Ill be using the forklift alot for my job. A friend approaches me yesterday and tells me that if I drop anything or run into anything while using the forklift they'll automatically send me in for a drug test...talk about walkin on pins and needles at work everyday..so my question remains-do i quit smokin the sweet leaf?

BigHomie is offline Registered+
    keep smokin...
    don't run into shit...

scream is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHomie
    keep smokin...
    don't run into shit...
    true dat
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenDennehy View Post
    It was fucking awful, a sort of tortured sound, like a sheet of paper being ripped in half and it finished up with a bubbling, squeaky sound.
    Poetry of a mad man:
    Finite Fantasy
    The American Dream Revisited

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Yeah, just be careful, and if they feel the need to blame accidents on drugs then tell them its stupid and quit (Although dont do that if you relly need to job)

But do not stop smoking, its good for you.

enthused is offline Registered+
    Keep smoking and try to not to fuck up, work goes by faster when you focus anyway. If shit happens, just take another drug test. Passed the first one right? Its easy to pass them anyway
    All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.
    -Pink Floyd

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."
    -William Blake

Anything posted by enthused is for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously.

pixel is offline Registered+
    i dont know that sounds a little bit extreme to me and its probably not true but you never know i guess

dont stop smoking, just take a bunch of detox and do all of that shit if you have an accident on the job. sometimes detox doesnt work but chances are it will for ya
    Flick your BIC Expand your mind

And when your world seems cold, you got to let your spirit take control.
    Let your soul shine,
    Its better than sunshine,
    Its better than moonshine,
    And damn sure better than rain.
    Lord now people dont mind,
    We all get this way sometimes,
    Gotta let your soul shine, shine till the break of day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7PS3k2O1g

slpntrx5 is offline Registered+
    dude, take a break from smoking thats long enough for it to get out of your system, fill up a buncha bottles of piss, and save them for a drug test in case you have an accident or something. that's what i'd do.
    "How do you think they make MORE bread?"
    Quote Originally Posted by ToDrunkToFish View Post
    Make fire, light weed
    + =

1234abcd is offline Registered+

Quote Originally Posted by slpntrx5
    dude, take a break from smoking thats long enough for it to get out of your system, fill up a buncha bottles of piss, and save them for a drug test in case you have an accident or something. that's what i'd do.
    Ever thought about the temperature? Nobody pisses out cold shit that was in their 98 degree body unless they are tweakin then its like 110 degrees.

Why quit smoking..you will probably get in an accident if you quit smoking because you wont be able to function because your such a pothead...eheh JK thats me..... I work construction and if I get hurt, they used to drug test me, so what I did is smoked more so I didn't get hurt. Worked so far. eheh knock on computer.

"if it aint bubbles, it's not worth the troubles"

Th3 Chr0nic is offline Registered+
    most places require a drug test if u are involved in any kind of accident, mostly for insurance purposes and if u get hurt on the job and then u fail a drug test they dont have to pay u workers compensation or whatever. cause u violated the drug policy... just dont do anythiong stupid like smoke a huge fattie and then hop on the fork lift, i mean wouldnt it suck if u impaled someone cause u smoked b4 work???

Synthesizer Man is offline Registered+
    Someone really needs to put a link up to the "Forklift Driver Klaus" video!

yzstoned is offline Registered+
    man jus buy detox pills that work with in an hour nd jus keep them on u at work, by the time they got u to a facility it wud be an hour nd wud be fine..
    I said no to weed just like they told me, than I changed my mind
    [SIZE="2"][B][I]

weed not greed

Don Don is offline Registered+
    Dont get high on the job.That way you'll have less of a chance running into shit.But thats kind of harsh though cause they could test you any time if you really think about it.Aim for a more stoner friendly job like tower records or something.

BigHomie is offline Registered+
    i worked a lot of jobs like that when i was younger...
    any of you ever run a forklift? it's not brain surgery.
    it's some of the most boring work there is...
    if it wasn't for weed i don't know how i would have gotten through it.
    i'd smoke on the way to work and during breaks
    nearly 1/2 of the people i worked with smoked...
    i don't know about anyone else, but I think more about what i'm doing when i'm high... if anything i'm a little more careful after i've smoked.

if worst comes to worst... it's only Home Depot homie...
    if you lose your job just go work at Lowe's... lol

Don Don is offline Registered+
    Man im tellin ya home depot is the best place to go if you want to make your own pipes.They have every thing you could possibly need.

krustythfreakinclown is offline Registered+
    I worked in a warehouse before, too, and they had the same policy: run into something or drop a load, you have to take a drug test. My advice is stay clean while you learn how to operate a fork lift. Then, once you are proficient at operating the forklift, go ahead and get high again. Just don't show up to work stoned. And because you know you are showing up to work sober every day, *you* know that if anything happens, it's not because of the drugs. If an accident happens and you have to take a drug test when you smoke on your own time, tell them to fuck off and quit.

Like BigHomie said, it's just a low level retail job at Home Depot. Just make sure there are other places in town where you can work.

GratefulDead4ever is offline Registered+
    My friend works at home depot and he is just doing basic work he had the same thing with a drug test and he passed them and the day before he smoked
    Heros: The Dead Family

Relax and take notes while i take tokes of the marijuana smoke I just smoked a paper

Legalize this plant lets free this nation

Quote Originally Posted by Billionfold View Post
    Maybe she got uber-grounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by suhl View Post
    slowly move your hand on to his thigh and just let it rest there for awhile its the universal symbol for where can i find some dope

rocinante is offline Registered
    Yeah - it's an insurance thing.
    I used to be high up in a company that introduced a policy of testing if you had to have ER treatment because of an on the job accident. Company got a discount on it's workers comp insurance if everyone signed the policy.