Cannabis.com

Thread: Anyone have a good link for how to make candy?

theforthdrive is offline Registered+

Anyone have a good link for how to make candy?

I wanted to try making hard candy/lollipops! What is used as an emulsifier? any help would be neat! thanks guys!
    "Prohibition... goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." -- Abraham Lincoln December, 1840

"I'm not not licking toads" -Homer Simpson

"Focus on what I invest in, got married to marijuana, yeah, and the connect is my best man" -Jadakiss

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    From REcipesource:
    * Exported from MasterCook *

LOLLIPOPS

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :
    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 c Light corn syrup
    1 c Water
    2 c Sugar
    Flavoring
    Coloring
    Lollipop sticks

Lollipops are best made on the day you wish to serve
    them.

Place corn syrup, water and sugar in small saucepan,
    stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Brush
    sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to dissolve sugar
    crystals. Increase heat, cook until syrup reaches 150
    degrees C when tested with a sweets thermometer or
    until syrup reaches hard crack stage. Remove from
    heat, add a little flavouring and colouring to syrup,
    stir through. Pour spoonfuls of mixture in desired
    shapes onto foil-covered trays. Press a lollipop stick
    into each shape; allow lollipops to cool at room
    temperature.

Makes about 10.

Flavouring & Colouring Suggestions

For one batch of syrup add 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry,
    orange, lime or lemon flavouring and 1/2 teaspoon of
    red, orange, green, or yellow colouring. Mixture can
    also be divided and flavoured and coloured, as

I haven't made them, but there's a caramel recipe around here somewhere, probably in my Donkey Dick log?
    desired, to create multicolored lollipops.

Fuck me stinky is there anything you don't know?

you could probably explain the human genome or quantam physics without much trouble. Sorry for getting off topic but I havn't seen a question you can't answer.

I thought this thread would be about cannabis lollies although it doens't take much to work it out.
    Last edited by cornish_dope; Aug-28-2008 at 15:01.
    Take your trash,Turn it into stash, Make Hash

WEll I'm not too good with quantum physics lol unless you want me to state the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle lol...
    Problem with lollies is going to be that you've got no carrier for the THC, which needs a nonpolar solvent, and also that making hard candy, you have to bring the sugar lava to a temperature so high as to destroy the psychoactives!

Fugde, caramel, and various forms of chocolates are only brought up to 245'F at most, which is still in the 'safe' range (well, you have to wear goggles lol but the THC is safe!) and would be better for gettin' hiiiiiiigh

Now I have to go run a bartender meeting... > apparently 'A Clean Bar Is A Happy Bar' isn't just common sense... lololol

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    Problem with lollies is going to be that you've got no carrier for the THC, which needs a nonpolar solvent, and also that making hard candy, you have to bring the sugar lava to a temperature so high as to destroy the psychoactives!
    LOL, I was going to ask this, but I guess you DO know everything! Right now I have cannabutter but I doubt butter will mix well. How would I get the THC into the pops without destroying it and having equal distribution. Since you seem to be the smartest person on Cannabis.com Ill throw this out there. THC is soluble in fats and alcohol,right? Would it be possible to use artificial sweeteners like maltitol or sorbitol because they are sugar alcohols? would THC be soluble in a sugar alcohol. If so, could I make a sugar free diabetic hard candy?
    "Prohibition... goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." -- Abraham Lincoln December, 1840

"Focus on what I invest in, got married to marijuana, yeah, and the connect is my best man" -Jadakiss

That is a good question and I am stumped. However, even were THC to be soluble in those, the AMOUNT of sugar alcohol you would have to consume to actually get the THC might not be safe- that is a question for a pro food chemist, which I, sadly, am not!

Check out caramel recipes, because they use butter and can still be formed into candy-on-a-stick.

Diabetic-safe candy is going to be a challenge because so much of confectionery depends upon the chemical properties of sugar at various temperatures to hold its shape- even chocolate! I know a food chemist who has a PhD in chocolate and has made a career of developing the elusive sugar-free chocolate that doesn't suck in texture! It's apparently harder than one might imagine.

And you are making me blush by the way!

male80205 is offline Registered

This video makes it look so easy.

YouTube - Green Dragon Candy

This video makes it look so easy.

There are some good videos for jello shots and banana bread from this guy.

God I love youtube!

thakegstandkid is offline Registered
    Couldn't honey oil be used? Just add it in when you add all the flavorings?
    I'm sure I saw a recipe that called for it, but can't find it

beerguy1963 is offline Registered
    My first post, please forgive me if I screw it up.

I've made a lot of hard candy in my time. Just never added anything green to it. LOL

After the candy reaches the hard crack stage and is cooling down a bit couldn't you add an alcohol tincture? Alcohol boils off at about 175 degrees F and it should leave behind the stuff that you're after, right?
    I'm sure Stinky would know what would be a good temperature to add the tincture at...... right?
    Hopefully at the "best" temp it would still be liquid enough to stir.
    I want to try making some of these, that would be kick-ass.

turquise50 is offline Registered

Question

this is a recip i have developed and use currently. i am hapy with consistancy, flavor and medicial value. butter is green so i add green to mine. flavors vanilla, butterscotch, maple toffee are good flavors for this.
    Lollypops recipe
    GREASE ALL MOLDS AND SHEETS U USE
    1 c sugar (brown for toffee0
    C CORN SYRUP
    C WATER
    T SALT
    1/3 BUTTER, with weed, previously processed and strained
    T VANILLA EXTRACT
    1 TSP FLAVORING OR CHOICE
    1 TSP OF COLORING IF DESIRED
    PUT TOGETHER SUGAR, SALT,CORN SYRUP, WATER IN PAN.(HEAVY BOTTOM PAN).STIR OVER LOW HEAT UNTIL SUGAR IS DISSOLVED, turn up to med, INSERT CANDY THERMOMETER 260 DEGREES f, ADD BUTTER, slowly in 4 parts and coloring SLOWLY WHILE STIRRING, UNTIL REACHES 300 DEGREES. TURN OFF STOVE COOL DOWN TO 250 AND ADD FLAVORS/VANILLA. POUR INTO sprayed MOLDS AND PANS,
    Allow 15 to 20 min to harden. done
    peace out.