Thread: Smoking Vs. Eating

dakotah56671 is offline Registered

Smoking Vs. Eating

I've heard from some of my people (cant tell who) said that if you eat it straight no food or water to help with the flavor you get REAL FUCKED up, but idk cause smoking its a more "social" thing ya know...cuz if i ate it i'd be like "Yea whats up people, *scarfs down a dub* iight thats nice im out" as with smoking "Yea What Up People, Oh Yeah That Happened To Me Too, What About You Homie?........." see but i want to see how this "REAL" high feels, is it better?...i've heard the high is Slow starting but long lasting and packs more of a "Punch" than smoking...

Thanks, Dakotah...

dakotah56671 is offline Registered

Smoking Vs. Eating

I've heard from some of my people (cant tell who) said that if you eat it straight no food or water to help with the flavor you get REAL FUCKED up, but idk cause smoking its a more "social" thing ya know...cuz if i ate it i'd be like "Yea whats up people, *scarfs down a dub* iight thats nice im out" as with smoking "Yea What Up People, Oh Yeah That Happened To Me Too, What About You Homie?........." see but i want to see how this "REAL" high feels, is it better?...i've heard the high is Slow starting but long lasting and packs more of a "Punch" than smoking...

Thanks, Dakotah...

west coast style is offline Registered+
    You can't just eat a gram of weed by itself. You have to extract the THC from the weed and make either canna-butter or canna-oil (obviously, you pick what you want to use - butter or oil). The THC in the marijuana is activated by heat, so you have to do it just right. If you overheat the weed, then the THC will just evaporate and you'll be left with crap.

This is what I do, I grab all the weed I'm going to use. Grind it up real fine. Toss it in a pan with butter or oil. You might have to add water as to not burn it. Leave the heat on a low setting, and make sure you keep mixing it. You want to do this for at least half an hour, to make sure the you get an efficient amount of THC.

Then after that, strain the butter/oil so you just have the dark green butter left. Get some brownie mix or you can make some cookies. Use the butter/oil with the mix. Bake at whatever the recipe calls for. Let it sit when it's done, and have a good time.
    "West side, when we ride, come equipped with game..." - Tupac Amaru Shakur

thcbongman is offline Registered+
    It would go more like this.

"yo, you trashed your weed son. You ain't get high doing that shit and we ALL could've gotten high, for real."
    Happiness only real when shared

RastaGanjaMan is offline Registered
    Lol put this on the food network.

LegalGanjaNow is offline Registered+
    Str8 eating the weed will not get you very high, your body is mainly water not fat. That is why if you extract the cannabinoids into a high sat fat butter or oil you will get F*&&ED up from that butt or oil.

JohnWaynebud is offline Registered+

smoking and eating

It has been my experience that eating takes a while, but can be speeded up greatly by smoking as well!

ky1956 is offline Registered+

I like it raw

Some people get high eating raw pot others don't seem to. No one seems to be able to explain the commonly held belief that cannabis has to be heated to feel any effects with oral consumption. I would love to hear an honest explanation of why people believe it, that goes beyond "everybody knows that." It was my opinion as well until I was challenged to give raw consumption a try. Like many peoples first time smoking the effects were hard to differentiate the first time and I had to learn to not do it on any kind of a large meal but the results are very pleasant. I am older and consume regularly but not in large amounts. Possible my tolerance isn't as strong as a heavy smokers.
    Decarboxylization is discussed in the Master Wu thread, and mixing that information with my own experiences very dry cannabis seems to work best for me. I have eaten it raw in small aspirin size pieces, or just chewed up a few small buds (after removing the stem) but my favorite is to mix a joints worth into a small cup of yogurt (maybe the fat in the yogurt helps) and have it for breakfast. The first effects can often be felt in 10-15 minutes but it usually takes an hour plus for the full ride to kick in.
    Eating half of a joint after smoking the first half can be exceptional, as the smoke high levels out the body stone of oral consumption kicks in and the whole experience will be a lot longer than just smoking that much pot.
    Just my two cents worth, but don't knock it until youv'e tried it.

Greenthing is offline Registered+
    I heard its not good for you if you eat raw pot, best cooked.
    Cant remember where i heard it i must have been
    Last edited by Greenthing; Feb-06-2009 at 14:51.
    Stinkyattic's troubleshooting form.
    Click here

There can be only one. it's the Wife.
    Profit is Vanity, Quality is Sanity

Your evidence in underwhelming

I heard from the president of the US that there were weapons of mass destruction being built in Iraq by Sadam Hussein and that the US needed to invade Iraq and put an end to his weapon building. We never found any WMDs, lots of people have died, and trillions of dollars have been spent.

Don't believe everything you hear.
    Last edited by ky1956; Feb-09-2009 at 03:06.

VapedG13 is offline Registered+
    .................... here it is in a nut shell...............................

A Leary biscuit is a snack consisting of a cracker, cheese, and ground up marijuana bud. It is heated in a microwave oven and causes a cannabis "high" in the eater. The heating is said to activate the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active ingredient in cannabis. In actuality, the heating simply increases the solubility of the THC in the fats and oils in the cheese. The plant material of cannabis is not easily digested, and so the THC is not readily absorbed into the bloodstream unless it is first dissolved in some kind of fat, oil, or alcohol. This is why cheese is used for the Leary biscuit - cheese has a high fat content, suitable for dissolving THC and making it more readily available for digestion.

It is also a widespread myth that THC must be heated to "activate" it. However, heating a cannabis food/drink preparation actually makes it more potent. What actually happens is that additional THC is formed from the chemical breakdown of inactive carboxylic acid THC derivatives present in the cannabis. The carboxylic acid derivatives are inactive themselves, but when heated they readily lose their carboxylate group as carbon dioxide, and active THC is formed. In some instances, heating can actually double the active THC content of the original starting plant material.

THC and other cannabinoids are hydrophobic oils. They are insoluble in water but soluble in alcohols, fats, and other oils. As cannabinoids are insoluble in water alone, they suffer from low bioavailability when eaten. By dissolving the cannabinoids in alcohol, fats, or oils (such as the fat in butter and cheese), their ability to be absorbed by the body is increased. Heating the THC in the presence of fats or oils simply accelerates the process of dissolution in the fats, from some hours at room temperature to minutes in the microwave.

Timothy Leary was reportedly fond of these concoctions, especially in the later years of his life (allegedly because his physician asked him to quit smoking ) and thus they are named for him.
    Last edited by VapedG13; Feb-09-2009 at 04:35.

killerb is offline Registered+

Obama yo mama

Quote Originally Posted by ky1956 View Post
    I heard from the president of the US that there were weapons of mass destruction being built in Iraq by Sadam Hussein and that the US needed to invade Iraq and put an end to his weapon building. We never found any WMDs, lots of people have died, and trillions of dollars have been spent.

Don't believe everything you hear.
    I also heard that were in a crisis, and the only way we can get out of it is spend other peoples money. Don't believe everything you hear!

DieselRyderGrow is offline Registered+
    To anyone who actually thinks that eating marijuana without heating it first will not work, I encourage you to scarf down a 1/4 ounce and then walk into a courtroom.

DieselRyderGrow is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalGanjaNow View Post
    Str8 eating the weed will not get you very high, your body is mainly water not fat. That is why if you extract the cannabinoids into a high sat fat butter or oil you will get F*&&ED up from that butt or oil.
    What the heck are you talking about?!

What the the composition of our bodies have to do eating marijuana.

If we are mostly water then that means that we won't absorb lipids very well? Seriously?! Are you really stoned right now?!?

You really really really really really need to take some sort of biology course.

Sorry if this post was nothing but a flame, but I cannot believe the things that are being said--This is one of the worst.

userofclock is offline Registered+
    i think the reason for extracting is because our bodies dont really break up and digest plant matter that well, but it can digest lipids much better.

It is a matter of efficiency

Our bodies do a fine job of digesting plant material, thus the popularity of vegetable sections and salad bars in grocery stores. However by diffusing the chemical properties of MJ into a lipid (oil/butter) your body has fewer steps to go through to get the thc in a condition that will allow it to enter the bloodstream.
    Raw plant material has to first be broken down before it's chemical properties can be absorbed, depending on how long this takes the absorption of thc may occur at such a slow rate that the desired effects can be lessened or non existent. With fat based thc the need to breakdown the plant material is skipped and fats pass readily into the bloodstream.

userofclock is offline Registered+
    thats what i meant
    well put
    lol