OK, I ordered this ballast kit pre-wired from bghydro for 100 bucks plus s&h
I have some everyday residential electrical components, I am going to adapt to hold a mogul base and connect base to ballast. I am also going to attach
plug to transformer...This is the absolute cheapest way to have your own 1000watt lamp. Upon completion, I will be using a EYE Hortilux bulb...
all comments and question's are appreciated; although, I would like to get this posted without alot of clutter between directions...Thanks, hope this helps someone...keep in mind you can order lower wattage ballast than this and just use the hardware seen here, or adapt it to your own ideas.
so to start with here are the first pix...
1. This box came the other day...
2. This 1000w hps pre-wired ballast kit was inside
3. This Mogul base came too!
4. In order to mount this base to a metal box, I had to adapt the length of the mounting screws...If you notice the little black lockring on the opposite screw to the one I am forcing out...You have to use a little pressure.
5. mogul base with one screw removed...cont'd