Cannabis.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How to build and maintain your own custom bubbler DWC grow

deftdrummer is offline Registered+
    we got the halos from a local hydro store, dont know what they are called on the net. We have since stopped growing and all of our stuff is for sale on the local craigs list. Check your craigslist
    "sell crazy some place else, cause we're all stocked up here". - Jack Nicholson As Good As It Gets

If what I have posted on these forums has in any way helped you, please feel free to tip the scales (upper right corner) and add to my rep. Thanks!

Check out my DWC grow: http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ml#post1442753

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

KL4D4 is offline Registered+
    What I need help understanding is keep the system clean. I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done. Does the water have to be changed daily? Or do the hydrotrons I would like to setup some sort of hydro in the upcoming months.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-WPhkkPkEM

The Pope says: after class you should follow her around mumbling like a crazy person and trying to touch her hair

Marijuana is a bad bad thing

sublbc is offline Registered+
    hey all. I am new here but hope to post soon. I like the grow and am doing something similiar on a much larger scale.

General Hydroponics make the drip rings (halos) and can be easily ordered online for like 10 bucks.

I have 2 of these setups and I use them to keep 2 moms. I am new to them but like them a lot since I can run them 24/7 w/o needing any timers for my pumps.

In regards to cleaning, I reccomend using Clearex by Botanicare. It basically breaks down salt buildups and leeches your medium. I do it about once a month.

I have grown GP twice now, once indoors and once out. I must say that the product is close to the best but the yield is not. Usually only about an ounce per plant can be expected when growing multiple plants under an single light 600W or less.

I grew it with 3 600W HPS and only got about 11 oz from 16 plants. YIKES that sucked.

No more Indicas for me. Now all I grow is trainwreck and Critical mass. I have a massive CM grow coming in 3 weeks that is under 4 X 600W HPS systems. I added the 4th HPS light in the middle of week 5 so it may not help as much as having it earlier in the grow but what can you do right? I am hoping that I get close to 2 lbs from 16 plants. I have heard of people getting more from this many lights but we will see.

Since I will more than likely not post here I just wanted to make a few comments about your grow.

All in all you did a very good job and anytime you can come away with a good final product regardless of yield that is to be commended.

Things to improve for next time (if there is once since it sounds like you sold all of your shit):

Temps temp temps!!!!! Gotta keep them lower to get more yield. I learned in this hot bullshit CA summer that A/C is a must. Adding a 12,500 BTU in wall A/C was hands down the best thing I have ever added to my grow. YOu will be amazed at how much better things go when this is implemented. Not only does it keep temps awesome it also helps to remove humidity which helps with mildews and other things that can make your grow suck. Another thing it does is helps to keep res temps lower as well which all the roots to to take up more nutes. Lower water temps = more O2 in the H20.

I guess this may not apply but I find that tying plants down is huge in getting better yields. By reducing the overall height of your canopy you are able to get much better penetration to the middle levels. All of the lower growth should be trimmed away completely by the 3rd or 4th week. This may be hard though because you guys relied on the portabilityof you system which obviously would not work with static tying.

Topping in flower and not in veg is also huge. From a TON of experimentation I have come to the absolute conclusion that an FIM top Should be done to all cola and cola-like branches between the 2nd and 3rd week of flower. Be sure that when using the FIM that you actually nip the tip of the bud otherwise the top will not be as effective. I have had so called experts call me downright crazy for doing this but I have run 2 controled tests with 2 Critical Mass grows and the jury is out on this one. I wish I had done these 2 things with my PGD grow as I am sure that I would have gotten a lot more yield. You will be amazed at what happens when you do these 2 things. Between the 2 though the tying is the biggest and most important. By manipulating you plants to grow sideways much more growth can be exposed to light.

Anyways I am ramblimng...

Again congrats!

solid6 is offline Registered+
    whats the difference between a clone and a seed?

cigarettes42 is offline Registered+
    damn i just finished the thread. nice plants and cool tat (panther). my dad has the same exact one on his chest. lol i guess all pot heads think alike

Earthy Dank is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by solid6 View Post
    whats the difference between a clone and a seed?

A seed takes a month to start vigorous veg. growth. A rooted clone takes a few days. Seeds all have genetic variants... clones are all genetically identical. Clones are good because once you find your favorite plant you can keep growing that exact same plant. Clones also cut a about 2 weeks out and yeild better 9 times out of 10.
    Any pictures are not my own and are pictures I found on an image search engine. All posts are fictional. I DO NOT sell/cultivate or participate in any illegal activities what so ever and will not be held liable for anything that I say on these forums.
    ""Those who danced where thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music."" --Angela Monet
    Earthy Dank's Cabinet Extravaganza 2008
    Earthy Dank Outdoor Organic 2007
    My Outdoor Journal 2006

solid6 is offline Registered+
    You answered my question excellently, thanks a lot

enquadrider16 is offline Registered+
    ok so i know just a little about hydro but thats where i want to go for growing. anyways, i am just having a haed time understanding how the water gets to the halo.

now i know u have an dual air pump that pumps down to the bubbler, but how does the water get to the halo for the drip system? does pressure build up in the bottom and push water to the top or what? im confused on how that works thank you very much in advance

d4twamp is offline Registered+
    you need a water pump to get the water to the halos

later D

deftdrummer is offline Registered+
    its actually an air pump.
    "sell crazy some place else, cause we're all stocked up here". - Jack Nicholson As Good As It Gets

If what I have posted on these forums has in any way helped you, please feel free to tip the scales (upper right corner) and add to my rep. Thanks!

Check out my DWC grow: http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ml#post1442753

joedirte is offline Registered+
    is that an R6 or an R1? its nice see riders on these forums. got a R6 myself (2000)
    -joe

smoothsmoke is offline Registered+
    bump

dodo5678 is offline Registered+
    Could someone explain how this works? I've always been interested in DWC but I have a hard time understanding how the water makes it's way up and out through the halo without using a water pump. Is it just the simple action of the air bubbling in the tube that forces moisture up into the halo?

Thanks,
    -dodo

Anyone???? I know there are a ton of very intelligent people here.

Redneck020 is offline Registered
    I am trying to figure the same thing out......I guess there is a certain amount pressure applied that creates a kind-of siphoning action?? I am just guessing at this, so if someone can help me figure this out.........

Redneck020,
    Looks like this thread was chopped when they upgraded the board. Someone by the name of farredeyed has responded to my original question. Here is his/her reply:

Thanks farredeyed!
    =======================================
    here's a pdf that has some really diagrams of air lift pump concepts, hope it helps you

http://www.sanitaire.com/pdf/Drawing...iftPumpDwg.pdf
    =======================================

I believe he/she also said to search YouTube for "Air Lift Pumps". Very cool stuff.

Enjoy!

BigLeagueJew is offline Registered+

Nice!

Sick setup you got going there. I know nothing about hydro but I learned some through your post. Informative and great pictures. Keep up the good work and happy growing

420barista is offline Registered+
    I got a suggestion to anyone looking to copy the dwc bubbler.

Early in this thread Deftdrummer said he drilled a 1/4 inch hole in the side of the bucket for the bubbler air line.

and later on he awoke to finding a leak emminating from 1 of the holes since the line was bumped and apparently loosened the silicone creating the leak.

My suggestion is to run the air line thru the water level tube and with the gasket on that i dont think you would need to worry on any leaks.

Hope It helps ya.

Strainhunter is offline Registered

Exclamation Job

How would i get into the field of growing medical cannabis for a dispensary or "where ever" you are suppose to sell it? Looking for any information that helps. I currently live in Washington where i have my green card but debating heading south to california in order to attend Oaksterdam University. Please any information helps, you know how hard it is to get the info you want/need on google.

paradisehydro is offline Registered

Question I am new, a builder and finishing a new 10x16 room

I don't know the way this thread works so forgive me if I piss anyone of but here goes.
    Been building all my life and playing with first grow in a old outback room (nasty) using a ebb and going crazy with PH bouncing around.
    Using a t5 6light at present and organic nuts.
    I have picks from my home made cloner(worked great 2 weeks w/ big healthy roots
    while I am finishing my new room I thought I would get started with this Sativa that we are still waiting to finish 14' tall now
    I will be building 3 sets of 6 5 gal dwc bucket system
    1 veg
    1 flower
    1 2nd flower
    this will give me a 6 plant rotation crop I hope
    ?????? getting it all right
    I can explain all If I have posted in the right place
    thanks
    PS This room is prety awsumeeee

IDAMANmutha is offline Registered
    Ok i also dont understand how the water gets into the halo. Its killing me!

Also, i went to that link showing all those different pump systems but i still didnt get it. Someone explain it plz!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567