Hello Cannabis Community!
Today will be my first post, on my first grow. The difference with this log apposed to all the others is that I am already in the 2nd week of flowering. In this first post I will try to catch all of you up to where I am today. Iíve been taking truckloads of pictures so it should be pretty cool. I would love feedback from what I have done thus far.
On a trip to A-Dam about a year ago I purchased 10 Bubble Gum seed. They laid dormant in my stash box for almost two years until one evening after stumbling into my home I decided to put one in a paper towel. I forgot about the dish and kept on livin. Three days later I noticed the dish and found a dry towel with a small seed and a root. The sight of that first root inspired me. I planted Amber and went on to sprout two more seeds (Jade and Perl).
My set up:
- The top shelf of my closet 19Ē deep 35Ē high and 46Ē wide
- I enclosed the area with black plastic bags, tin foil on the sealing and inside and cloth on the outside
- Two 30 watt 120V FL tube bulbs (those new energy saving bulbs)
- During the day I open the front and place a small fan to air out the area
Sapling set up:
- Soil mix was a generic top soil mixed with perlite and vermicile
- I used 18oz clear pink (I know this made a difference) Dixie cups
- During the first two weeks I gave them each ľ cup of spring using a spray bottle
- After one week Amber passed away ☹
- Perl grew much quicker than Jade, both looked healthy
- I fed them once with a MG 20-20-20
- Lights where on for 24hrs
- Once the saplings where big enough I transplanted them into 1-gallon water jugs.
- I Used a Miracle-Gro potting mix which is composed of peat moss, perlite, a
o wetting agent and a 0.21-0.07-0.14 fertilizer mix.
- -With nutes in the soil I didnít feed for 3 weeks then I started them with a MG 8-7-6 with every other watering (every 2-3 days)
- Perl grew much quicker than Jade and before flowering was a full 3Ē taller
- -After 10 weeks I turned down the lights
- After only four days Jade decided she did not want to be a woman any longer and sprouted balls, Perl on the other hand was proud to be a woman and sprouted some hair.
- I pulled Jade and quickly turned him into butter (made some tasty brownies☺
- Now two 2.3 weeks into flowering Perl has 22 beautiful buds
- I ran into a little leaf problem see 2 week flowering SOS!!
- I flushed her with a gallon of water and the leaf decay slowed. Now a week later itís getting worse.
- Today I fed her for the first time with a MG Bloom Booster 15-30-15
Im not to worried about her because the buds are looking great and the decay is isolated to the fan leaves. If anyone has seen this before and has some input I would love to hear it.
Iíll keep this a weekly log on how Perl is doing. Thanks for any input and enjoy the pics!!!