Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grow #1 Bubblicious, 13 weeks in

erock0609 is offline Registered+

Grow #1 Bubblicious, 13 weeks in

Hello Cannabis Community!

Today will be my first post, on my first grow. The difference with this log apposed to all the others is that I am already in the 2nd week of flowering. In this first post I will try to catch all of you up to where I am today. Iíve been taking truckloads of pictures so it should be pretty cool. I would love feedback from what I have done thus far.

On a trip to A-Dam about a year ago I purchased 10 Bubble Gum seed. They laid dormant in my stash box for almost two years until one evening after stumbling into my home I decided to put one in a paper towel. I forgot about the dish and kept on livin. Three days later I noticed the dish and found a dry towel with a small seed and a root. The sight of that first root inspired me. I planted Amber and went on to sprout two more seeds (Jade and Perl).

My set up:

- The top shelf of my closet 19Ē deep 35Ē high and 46Ē wide
    - I enclosed the area with black plastic bags, tin foil on the sealing and inside and cloth on the outside
    - Two 30 watt 120V FL tube bulbs (those new energy saving bulbs)
    - During the day I open the front and place a small fan to air out the area

Sapling set up:

- Soil mix was a generic top soil mixed with perlite and vermicile
    - I used 18oz clear pink (I know this made a difference) Dixie cups
    - During the first two weeks I gave them each ľ cup of spring using a spray bottle
    - After one week Amber passed away ☹
    - Perl grew much quicker than Jade, both looked healthy
    - I fed them once with a MG 20-20-20
    - Lights where on for 24hrs

Vegative growth:

- Once the saplings where big enough I transplanted them into 1-gallon water jugs.
    - I Used a Miracle-Gro potting mix which is composed of peat moss, perlite, a
    o wetting agent and a 0.21-0.07-0.14 fertilizer mix.
    - -With nutes in the soil I didnít feed for 3 weeks then I started them with a MG 8-7-6 with every other watering (every 2-3 days)
    - Perl grew much quicker than Jade and before flowering was a full 3Ē taller
    - -After 10 weeks I turned down the lights

Flowering:

- After only four days Jade decided she did not want to be a woman any longer and sprouted balls, Perl on the other hand was proud to be a woman and sprouted some hair.
    - I pulled Jade and quickly turned him into butter (made some tasty brownies☺
    - Now two 2.3 weeks into flowering Perl has 22 beautiful buds
    - I ran into a little leaf problem see 2 week flowering SOS!!
    - I flushed her with a gallon of water and the leaf decay slowed. Now a week later itís getting worse.
    - Today I fed her for the first time with a MG Bloom Booster 15-30-15

Im not to worried about her because the buds are looking great and the decay is isolated to the fan leaves. If anyone has seen this before and has some input I would love to hear it.

Iíll keep this a weekly log on how Perl is doing. Thanks for any input and enjoy the pics!!!

E

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

I put some pics up in a few hours

Shovelhandle is offline Registered+
    ok...waiting

I love Bubblegum!

Shovelhandle

HELP

It could be that im just stoned but how do I upload a picture???? I cant find an option on the reply page...

Shovelhandle is offline Registered+
    I had trouble too until I had so many posts, Maybe 20, maybe fifty, idunno. Anyone know how that works?

Shov

CannabisCarl2134 is offline Registered+
    So far, sounds like its all going well, and your on the right track.

You can post pictures in "Quick Reply, and Go Advanced" Its the Tiny IMG with the Mountains on it One slot left of the Smiley's. Insert the flick from a "image hosting site" i.e. Flickr, Imageshack.us,photobucket...etc..and insert the link provided. Hope that helps lol I am high, like a 15-10
    Failure: If at first you don't succeed, Losing just may be your style.

Carl/Cannabis 2008 " Lending a helping joint."

do I honestly, look like the type of person who would Smoke, and/or Grow Marijuana??

Thanks

Cheers Guys!

I'll see what I can do. Sorry about the slight delay on the upload. Hang tight. It's worth it

E

Grow #1 Bubblicious, PICS

Couldnít wait to have 50 posts so here is my temp solution.

I'll continue to update Perlís status on this thread and until I can post pics here I will continue uploading to the other thread why do they make it so hard for us? Donít they know we smoke weed.

E

Talking 50 Post

I made it!!! 50 post! Now a picture or two to mark the occasion.....

These are all fresh from this morning Any comments on being 3.3 weeks into flowering?

e
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grow #1 Bubblicious, 13 weeks in-img_6415.jpg   Grow #1 Bubblicious, 13 weeks in-img_6418.jpg   Grow #1 Bubblicious, 13 weeks in-img_6420.jpg  

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ml#post1705704

"Once you've lost everything your free to do anything."

"I am what I am and what I am is who I am"

Disclaimer: I do not grow weed. I smoke weed. I eat weed. I drink weed. I love weed. But I do not grow weed.

StemSeed is offline Registered+
    good work! especially if u havent moved them out of those gallon jugs.

EDIT: oh just read ur settup and how short they are. Still, good little grow man. Actually is inspiring me to go ahead and start growing a couple of my own using the exact same concept. I'm building a large grow room, but it won't be complete for at least one more month. Might as well have fun!

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how you do.
    Last edited by StemSeed; Nov-06-2007 at 18:25.

Thanks for the comment Stem!

It has most def. been a challange dealing with the space. Everyday I look at her I wish I could get her out of that 1 gallon jug and put her in something larger but I am out of room in all directions. I couldnt even get a larger pot through the closet opening. Regardless It has been a ton of fun and when I do have space for a large grow I feel Ill do quite well. Lets hope it ends as well as it started

An update is coming soon.

e

Disclaimer: I do not grow weed. I smoke weed. I eat weed. I drink weed. I love weed. But I do not grow weed.

cool just read through your thread, keep them coming

Rock.Steady is offline Registered+
    erock,
    nice job, i love bubblegum, but never had bublicious, ill bet itll b awesome!
    keep up the good work,,,,,MORE PICS!
    Times are changing; not fully changed yet, but in some kinda transition as the cooler young ppl of the 60's/70's become older and assume more of the roles of power in society. As this happens, the newer ideals/values will continue to become more of the accepted norms. Also, lets face it, altho some older generations still embrace the lunacy, the entire "Reefer Madness" movement has been fairly well debunked as having been based mainly in gov't orchestrated, media-exaggerated hysteria.

By popular demand...

A few updates:

The buds on Perl are looking great! Covered in crystals and smelling lovely. her buds smell sweet and fruity. Not quite bubble gum, but def. candy like. Im sure when I smoke her the bubble gum will show itself.

I dont know if anyone of you have seen my plant problem thread (2 week flowering SOS!!) but Perls fan leaves have been dying for a few weeks now. It seems to be a root bound problem (she is still in a 1 gallon jug). The rest of her looks great so Im not to worried but I still dont like seeing yellow. Any thoughts?

Finally, because of time constraints and stress (growing in NYC is not very relaxing) I have moved the lights back two hours. this means 10 on 14 off. Anyone have any experiance in speeding up flowering?

Thanks for all of the comments!

Her are a few pics to wet your pallete

e
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grow #1 Bubblicious, 13 weeks in-img_6453.jpg   Grow #1 Bubblicious, 13 weeks in-img_6459.jpg   Grow #1 Bubblicious, 13 weeks in-img_6464.jpg  

Grow #1 Bubblicious, 13 weeks in-img_6478.jpg  

Good lookin grow buddy!
    80% of my post are in a spongebob voice. If spongebob were high.
    My Grow log: http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-loun...r-strains.html

Rock.Steady is offline Registered+
    Erock
    from what i heard, you cannot 'speed up' flowering. they will take as long as they need, depending on strain, the real difference is higher or lower 'yield' dependant upon nutes, lite, n love

HTH

RS.

here's a lil idea of strains n time investment needed,
    my Thai takes 7-9 weeks veg, 14-16 wks flower.
    that 6 months dude!

my Blue Russians, about 5wks and 5wks from what i was told by who gave em to me. we're in week 3 veg, prolly 2-3 more, then flower about 5 or 6. they will likely beat my Thai clones to the dance, and I germed them when i moved the clones to flower, go figure
    Last edited by Rock.Steady; Nov-09-2007 at 15:38.
    Times are changing; not fully changed yet, but in some kinda transition as the cooler young ppl of the 60's/70's become older and assume more of the roles of power in society. As this happens, the newer ideals/values will continue to become more of the accepted norms. Also, lets face it, altho some older generations still embrace the lunacy, the entire "Reefer Madness" movement has been fairly well debunked as having been based mainly in gov't orchestrated, media-exaggerated hysteria.

If you want to get her out of that 1 gallon pot. Cut the Bottom out, put a 5gallon bucket underneath with soil, that way the roots can grow far down into the other bucket. Make sense? Stack them on each other, only cut sections of the 1 gallon so the plant doesn't fall through. Umm...Hope this helps, I am kinda impaired. Nice grow, and very nice lookin plants.

do I honestly, look like the type of person who would Smoke, and/or Grow Marijuana??

Quote Originally Posted by Rock.Steady View Post
    from what i heard, you cannot 'speed up' flowering. they will take as long as they need, depending on strain, the real difference is higher or lower 'yield' dependant upon nutes, lite, n love
    I have read on numerous grow logs that you can cut the light back and this will in fact speed up flowering. I agree that strain choice, nutes, etc. are the big factors in flowering time but im still hopeful that my girl will get the idea and speed up just a tad. Iíll start a thread.

regardless of flowering time and everything that goes along with growing, I am loving this experience all the time. I just wish I could do free and clear without worrying about interference form the outside world.

Thanks again for the input. This community rocks!

More updates coming soon....

Quote Originally Posted by erock0609 View Post
    I just wish I could do free and clear without worrying about interference form the outside world.

Thanks again for the input. This community rocks!

More updates coming soon....

I know what you mean man, it's a little stressful having to worry about the safety of those plants depending on how you're having to grow. but hope it all works out man!

i wunna see the outcome (or smoke ). CannabisCarl had a good idea about the pots though the height is a problem.

-Stem

EDIT: i just realized that you might be running into problems not because of root-bound, but because those jugs are translucent, alowing the roots to have light which is not good. im actually suprised there havent been any major issues with this.....

somebody know why this is?
    Last edited by StemSeed; Nov-09-2007 at 20:50.

Quote Originally Posted by StemSeed View Post
    EDIT: i just realized that you might be running into problems not because of root-bound, but because those jugs are translucent, alowing the roots to have light which is not good. im actually suprised there havent been any major issues with this.....

How does light contact affect the roots? Should I cover the bottom of the jug??

Lmao! Well brotha, I suppose you must cut, dig, and jackhammer some of the house and concrete slab so you can grow into the ground. You will have the best of both worlds, outdoor weed, but indoor? Lol! I am high. Had to do it.

Well, I wouldn't know from experience, but I've read around here and other places that it won't kill them but _may_ adversely effect their growth. this is especially dangerous to seedlings, but some people don't even like to leave their roots out in the light for 5min when transplanting.

I'm interested to see if anybody else knows for sure how this effects plants.

But yea, I'd say cover the jugs just to be safe. don't use aluminum foil because it will overheat the jugs (i've done this before )

I think the light when it hits the roots some kind of vitamin in it maybe reacts with the structure of the roots and kills them off thus turning them brown, or may injure them and then they can be weak and rot inside the soil.. never take chances, dont loose those beautiful plants there

Ive heard also about that thing to speed up flowering..
    supposebly you do 11h on 13h off with the lighting schedule and it makes flower finish a little faster but on the long run it will reduce your yield and also not mature buds in the correct way. the plants are living beings we must not forget that although fast they grow some stages are a little time consuming..

Talking Happy Birthday Perl!!!

I am happy to report that Perl is looking better and better everyday. Today is her 16th Birthday!
    Yesterday I fed her with my MG Bloom complex of 15-30-15.
    Bubble Gum is said to be ready to harvest in the 8th or 9th week of flowering. This being the 6th week I think this be the last time I feed her with NUTES made by man.
    I have been reading about Honey and Malasis being added to your water and it apeals to me a great deal.
    Yes, from now on a steady diet of sugar I think she will take to that quite well.
    I mean her strain is named after a chewing gum

God I want to smoke this lovely lady

e

p.s After heavy research I turned her lights back to 12-12. Its wokred thus far
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grow #1 Bubblicious, 13 weeks in-img_6611.jpg   Grow #1 Bubblicious, 13 weeks in-img_6576.jpg   Grow #1 Bubblicious, 13 weeks in-img_6568.jpg  

Grow #1 Bubblicious, 13 weeks in-img_6570.jpg   Grow #1 Bubblicious, 13 weeks in-img_6564.jpg  
    Last edited by erock0609; Nov-14-2007 at 16:11.

Beautiful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast