Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: LED growing- An instructional grow log

SnSstealth is offline Registered+

LED growing- An instructional grow log

trying this again. growing jack herer x bubbleberry in pure LED. these plants wont see any white light from seed to bud. tried posting pics once...so here we go again. questions or comments gladly answered. Dont think its been done quite like this before. wish me luck!
    whiskeytango
    SnSstealth
    Last edited by FakeBoobsRule; Oct-20-2008 at 09:03.

beginerbuddah is offline Registered+
    o i see them now
    nice man cnt wait to see the plants get big
    im tagging along on this one

valtrip is offline Registered+
    your setup looks really cool What are the specs on those lights?

procyon 100

they are procyon 100's. just came out. exspensive as hell, but they supposedly equal a 600 HPS...time will tell!!!!!

ill keep ya posted buddah

SantaClawz is offline Registered+
    Wow 600 a peice?! You must have some money to burn, they do look ultra bright, but only time will tell. I will definately keep and eye on this one, for once a definative LED grow. Dont let us down!
    BTW explain alittle about those ozone fans, never seen those before.
    Last edited by SantaClawz; Jan-21-2008 at 18:11.
    "They must find it difficult.
    Those who have taken authority as the truth.
    Rather than truth as the authority."

.: First grow, Soil, CFLs start to finish :.

they are an expensive investment, but my entire grow pulls onlt 425W....also 8 hours into their cycle, temp only went up 3 degrees with these lights...steady temp is 72 and humidity is 47

Opie Yutts is offline Registered+
    I'm not sure which one of the 4 threads you started I should be posting in, so I'll take a stab at this one. I am really glad you are doing an all LED grow, and I am very much looking forward to seeing the results. I hope you don't give up and go for yield and decide to add some more lights once you see they are not doing so great in flowering. I have yet to see an all LED grow that produces much of anything. I hope you can be the first to show me one.

SantaClawz, ozone generators are supposed to help reduce odor.

Good luck.
    PLEASE STOP BY MY FOGGING THREAD
    Everything I say in this forum is completely true, and should be construed as fact. I do smoke weed, and sometimes I eat it. Not only that I sell it, along with every other drug known to man and a few that aren't. Everything I do is 100% illegal, and I condone others breaking the law. All pictures that I post are not taken from the internet, but are of my own illegal operation. Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

thanks opie, i guess we will see. we have done quite the extensive research ob this subject, and the procyon supposedly took care of the stretching issue. they changed to release date twice, which tells me they wanted to make sure they got it. ryan from HGL was VERY helpful with all our questions before the lights release. we put ALOT into this, so i sure as hell hope it goes good...lol will have more pics up sun.

whiskeytango
    SnSstealth
    sorry about the many posts...lol, just gettin the hang of the site...lol

the ozone generator has a UV light that emits negative ions. the negative ions or O3, ozone, is then blown about the room through the fan. the negative ions attach to scent particles and basically cancels them out. smell away......yay

just make sure you dont look at the light or leave it on too long. too much ozone can make you sick, its really irritating to your eyes and lungs

stoned

sorry guys...lol...lil baked. just take the words "negative ions" out of the last post...all 3 of em, i was explaining the ozone generator, and started adding an ionizer to the mix....

Weedhound is offline Registered+
    Well I don't have a single clue about LED lighting so could you give us a brief overview? And are you seriously saying you've spen $1800 for these lights? WOW!
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

"Your deeds show your character."-StinkyAttic

Hey Weedhound,

The basic theory is that plants, marijuana in particular, use certain wavelengths(mainly blues & reds) of light to perform photosynthesis much more than others(greens and yellows). Typical hid lights seem to have lots of yellows and greens and levels down at the ends of the spectrum where the blues and reds are. I realize all bulbs are different so some will have more than others. So led growing is really trying to get the same yields/growth from nominal hids in order to drop many risk and cost factors (much less power, almost no heat). again thats what we believe is the basics...while blazed.

Here's a much more scientific explanation.
    http://growled.se/docs/Growled_brochure_oct.pdf
    Don't worry about the ad read from page 3 on. But the lights in the procyon are far more developed than in this brochure.

Yes we spent $1800, but IF they work for half of their projected lifespan the costs of bulb & ballast replacement, power for lights and cooling in hid will be far more economical. And it is really for research purposes, if people do the same thing over and over then the field as a whole stops evolving.

Thanks for your interest,
    Doughboy
    SnSstealth

Balkey is offline Registered+
    I'm tuning in!!! Looking forward to seeing something spectacular!!! Well, HOPEFULLY!!
    Is it just me or does my lighter walk off constantly?

JohnnyRico is offline Registered+
    This is very interesting. I'll be watching this one closely. I really hope you succeed. Good luck!

Pepper is offline Registered+
    Procyon-100 100W LED Grow Light - HomeGrownLights.com

I like these lights. Their website claims they're equivalent to a 400w HID and only use 125 watts. Seems like a bargain to me if they work as well as they claim.

midlifecrisis is offline Registered+
    Very interesting, I'll be keeping tabs on the progress. If it works well I just might have to buy a new toy......

hybridlove420 is offline Banned
    strangely, the led ufo uses 90w, claims to also be equal to 400w hps, and got glowing reveiws in high times. hope this can match it.

yes, leds will pay off within 1-2 years of use. just saving 300w each for 12 hours a day is like 200-400$ a year savings

Well I read up on the link.....I'll keep an eye on this log as well and see what those lights do for you.
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

420F4i is offline Registered+
    seems like a real good idea

Quote Originally Posted by 420F4i View Post
    seems like a real good idea
    It is, and it has been a good idea for several years. The problem in the past has been that LED lighting cannot come close to producing the same buds that an HPS can, using somewhere close to the same wattage. On the upside, they consume very little power and put off very little heat compared to HPS. Therefore despite the high initial cost, they would pay for themselves within a few years if they produced similar results. At this point the only way to produce similar results is to basically wrap a plant completely in high power LED arrays, which I'm guesstimating would cost around $4,000 to $6,000 for an average size flowering plant. Nobody has been willing to shell out this kind of money so far, so we have not seen any worthwhile buds so far.

Attention: This is changing monthly and soon many people will be tossing their high power, high heat lights in exchange for LED lighting. Within a few years LED lighting will be the norm for everything. Not incandescent, fluorescent, HID, or Xenon, or whatever that new one is. Just look at how LEDs are taking over flashlights and vehicle lighting.

Did you know that many branches of government have "seen the light" and are changing as much lighting as possible to LED? Even now common lighting is less expensive in the long run using LEDs. There are many cities across the U.S. that have mandated that all sign lighting be lighted solely with LED lighting.

Soon it will happen for grow lighting as well. I'm not talking about regular growing either, because LED's do just fine at making plants grow. I'm talking about the bloom cycle, and grow lighting that produces big beautiful, dank, dense buds. I'm hoping SnSstealth can be the first to make it happen. So there.
    Last edited by Opie Yutts; Jan-23-2008 at 17:11.
    Everything I say in this forum is completely true, and should be construed as fact. I do smoke weed, and sometimes I eat it. Not only that I sell it, along with every other drug known to man and a few that aren't. Everything I do is 100% illegal, and I condone others breaking the law. All pictures that I post are not taken from the internet, but are of my own illegal operation. Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

I'm in.....but it's not my $1800.....just my nose.....
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

Pasofol is offline Registered+

interested keep up

Keep this up to date. I can probably design and make these for a fraction of the price. The LEDs are dirt cheap usually and PCB are cheap if bought in high quantity.

Having one panel with 1000 LEDs should be better aswell.

There's nothing complicated about them. Getting a case produced for it to make it look nice so on could be the highest price associated.

I was thinking about making my own arrays as well. I'm trying to figure out some way to kind of encase a MJ plant in LED's. Maybe some modular hexagon shape boards that you can just add to in series as the plant grows.

try to respond to a few here...the LEDs in the procyon are CREE XLAMPS... not cheap at all...and they are tuned frequency wise...HGL tried MANY combinations of blues and reds to get it down. I read the UFO article, but the comparisons ive see of the 2 say the procyon blows the UFo away, their 600w comparison may be off, because they claim it covers a 10 x 10 area, which is more like 1kw, and they only have 54 LEDS...so 1000 would be insane!...lol and weedhound, gimme some positive juju man!!!..LOL, just bullshitting, i can tell you have done your homework too, i was not a believer in the current LEDs till i talked to RYAn over at HGL...i hope this works too man, cause this could, no will, revolutionize growing for all of us, and im very glad to be part of it. succeed or fail...we are taking one for the team...lol, and soil, hydro, HID, or LED any help from you guys i can use to apply. the LEDs are causing slower water uptake due to nice low heat...keep up the comments, questions and suggestions guys....
    posts may be by myself, whiskeytango, or doughboy, my partner in this adventure

peace and pot,

whiskeytango
    SnSstealth

Procyon-100 100W LED Grow Light - HomeGrownLights.com

Pasofol is offline Registered+
    You are right that they may not be that cheap, since hitting the right wavelength is the issue with standard LEDs/plus lumens.

I take it this is the product Procyon 100 [Procyon 100] - $600.00 : Buy LED Grow Lights, Procyon 100

It seems to use smt leds it seems.
    56 CREE* Xlamp high power LEDs (40 635nm, 16 470nm)

I'll try to resource this a bit more.

Cree reports lab development of 86-lumen LEDs - compoundsemiconductor.net
    Two years old news report.
    "indicates that the LED industry is at least two years closer than previously predicted to achieving the "holy grail" of 150 lumens per watt." If that's true that's pretty much as good as HPS of course wavelengths will become an important factor, but hopefully its not too far into the future.

If you guys dont want me spamming LED info just let me know.

Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast