Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What's Your Favorite Bud Trimming Tool?

Weedhound is offline Registered+

What's Your Favorite Bud Trimming Tool?

Scissors? What kind? Cool motorized bud trimmer? Like it? Enquiring minds need to know!!
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

"Your deeds show your character."-StinkyAttic

Dutch Pimp is offline Registered+

Wink

....scissors...yes....motorized..what?....

...I use very small scissors.....same one I use on my nose hair....it's a very delicate operation......I don't rush it......"good things come to he who waits".......

...plus a 55 gallon barrel of rubbing alcohol....
    Last edited by Dutch Pimp; Mar-08-2007 at 00:22. Reason: .... I love your new avatar...

Bree1978 is offline Registered+
    Hair cutting scissors. Very sharp, precise, and pointy. You can get a cheap pair through mags and beauty supply outlets.

Bree
    Quote Originally Posted by harris7 View Post
    I have a humorous book on Cannabis. One wonderful quote from it:

“When growing cannabis males only take up space once fertilization occurs.
    This shows that mother nature is consistent if nothing else."

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    First, my fingernails
    Second, a really sharp pair of hairdressing shears.

BeforeYourTime is offline Registered+
    I currently use normal sissors, but im getting springed sissors soon.
    Though im sure we have all heard of or seen the ardvark, which is good for larger ops.
    This user is not engaged in any illigal activities. Anything posted by this user is taken from another internet source for role playing purposes only.

Believe in Fact, not Fiction.

me.....please, take meeeee.

xcrispi is offline Registered+
    Hey Weedhound ,
    Here is Mrs. Crispis' new weapon of choice . No more blisters , spring loaded auto opening mech. , sharp as the devil too . Fiskars makes them .
    Peace
    The Crispis'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's Your Favorite Bud Trimming Tool?-fiskars.jpg  

divestoned Guest
    yep..I use the same tool that xcrispi does.

My first thought was hairdressing scissors as well...right now I am using some old surgical scissors that were great but are now dull and chewed so I need to cough up some new supplies. . Dp.....do you really cut an entire bud with those little things.....although......now thinking....they would be great for tight spots. X-C and dive..... I'm for trying something like that too. Where did you guys pick those things up? That a Walmart or Home Depot thing?

I saw in one of my books about some little battery operated bud trimmer. Anyone every tried one of these? Supposed to really cut down on trimming time but I don't want to spend the $$ if they're half-assed. Only room for one half-ass at my house.....Me!
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

BTW, what's the aardvark?
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound View Post
    ....right now I am using some old surgical scissors that were great but are now dull and chewed so I need to cough up some new supplies. ...
    Yeah I have a few pair of surgical snips too that I got at a flea market, 6 pair for US$2, nice, but the blades are really stubby, plus sometimes I get my big ol fingers stuck in the holes!

xcrispi is offline Registered+
    Weedhound - X-C and dive..... I'm for trying something like that too. Where did you guys pick those things up? That a Walmart or Home Depot thing?

Our local growshop has em for 18.99 lol . Nottttttttt
    Someone in. Fla. on ebay has em for like 7.00 a pr. -n- honest shipping . We got 2 pr. for 16.00 delivered .
    The Mrs. likes the fact theres no holes for fingers -n- cush cush rubber grips on the handles .
    Peace Guys
    The Cripsis'

canuck grower is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by xcrispi View Post
    Hey Weedhound ,
    Here is Mrs. Crispis' new weapon of choice . No more blisters , spring loaded auto opening mech. , sharp as the devil too . Fiskars makes them .
    Peace
    The Crispis'
    One day I will own something like those, till then I use normal scissors. I'm not harvesting much yet so it's not like I'm trimming for hours though. One day I hope to complain about sore fingers from trimming so many nugs.
    First grow, bagseed, smells like mango • 250W HPS cab • 7 girls harvested, ~6 oz yielded

Second grow, 2x Northern Lights • 250W HPS closet • around 2oz yielded

10x Satori and 8x God's Treat in a perpetual(ish) SOG!

On Thai stick:
    Quote Originally Posted by rhizome View Post
    Don't forget, smoking this stuff made a whole generation think that the Doors were talented.

Dutch Pimp is offline Registered+

Talking

Dp.....do you really cut an entire bud with those little things.....although......now thinking....they would be great for tight spots. That a Walmart or Home Depot thing?

...Craftsman's Super Heavy Duty Nose Hair Scissors...sold only at Sears....hell..I trim my hedge with it in the summer....Lifetime Garritee......

divestoned Guest
    Weedhound - X-C and dive..... I'm for trying something like that too. Where did you guys pick those things up? That a Walmart or Home Depot thing?

yea bro wal-mart and fred meyer have them.

madeline is offline Registered+
    I too use small, narrow and very pointy scissors to follow the stems to their bases as far as I can. They're like a minature version of hair trimmers but without the crescent for the little finger, although those work great for the larger branches too! For cutting the main branches and trunks to get to the size needed to use the already mentioned scissors, I use wire cutters, especially helpful with the heavier and thicker outdoor plants.

bud luv is offline Registered+
    I just use my forefinger and middlefinger in a snipping motion.

mind over matter, people. mind over matter.

freewheelinfrank is offline Registered+
    I use needle-nosed FISKARS scissors, and Image Reaper has been known to use a McCullough chainsaw (I was paid well to say that)

So the FISKARS seem to be the thing of choice here.....I will pick some up then definitely although something along the line that DP and Madeline mentioned for tight spots. Don't have any real fingernails to speak of.....always break off part of the bud so I've given up on that.

Ummm, does Image Reaper use that chainsaw IN THE HOUSE? Or is that for his outside grow?
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

madeline is offline Registered+
    For those tight spots like following the fan leaves down to the base you'll need a solid but small and pointy pair of the smallest sewing scissors or at least a pointy set of mustache trimmers. Fingernail scissors do not work very well as they're not solid enough but do have the general shape needed but any sewing dept in grocery or fabric stores carries the real deal. Mine are 4.5" overall with a 2" cutting surface and turn a rough and shaggy flower into a pro-style nugget (with the trim going into the bubblebags!).

DeepFriedBrain is offline Registered+
    Friend of mine uses decorating scissors, 8" blades seems to work quite well.
    I've also picked up a piar of electric scissors from B&Q £16, 4cm blades that buzz fast as, and they're cordless/rechargeble.
    I'll drop a report when they've been used.

DP do you find those Craftsman nose trimmers next to the barbecues or the chainsaws at Sears?

DFB...are those electric scissors supposed to be (sshhhhh bud trimmers) or just everyday sort of ?

Madeline I do need something small and sharp. My fingernails just arent.
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

Abattoir Dream is offline Registered+
    Blunt rusty scissors will do me... haha
    I'm THE Abattoir, abnormal abnormalities
    I have fantasies, while i blab formalities
    and stab happy families in the back with fat calories,
    I'm broke still lookin for contracts and salaries..
    I can, stick to this, ill be doin this forever,
    I tell a fella never to fuck when im under weather
    I severe an acapella, punch holes in a portrait
    preserve words of gold in pottasium sorbate...

Prunedale is offline Banned
    Pair of electrical dikes. Red handle. (Wire Cutters)

TheGreenFog is offline Registered+
    Well, it seems like most people are on the Fiskars train, as has been noted. I've had a pair of scissors that look VERY similar to those, which I use in my bud box to cut up the ganja before I roll my spliffs, and I've had them for probably about 6 years or more. Never really knew what brand they were, until this thread. I looked, and lo and behold...they are FISKARS! haha. They are probably the best scissors I've ever owned. Very sharp, still even now after 6 or so years of cutting up COPIUS amounts of herbage. There is an endorsement right there.

I'm sure those Fiskars do wonders when trimming freshly harvested bud as well, but for now, here are the snips used in my grow logs. Take no note of the beautiful scissor hash building up on them. THAT is some good stuff, if you don't know already. NEVER discard your scissor hash. Scrape if off with a razor, ball it up, and smoke it. Delicious.

What's Your Favorite Bud Trimming Tool?-d146-12-07-122-.jpg

The Fog
    I do not grow. All pictures posted are most assuredly not mine & any discussions in which I am involved are purely hypothetical. For entertainment purposes only & should not be considered advice to assist in any illegal activites.

JOURNAL OF A MADMAN (Grow Logs) I II

JOAMM (C.O.L.) - CFL Grow ~ JOAMM - HASH/KIEF MAKING ~ 1st Harvest Pix ~ Videos

+ =

DeepFriedBrain is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound View Post
    DP do you find those Craftsman nose trimmers next to the barbecues or the chainsaws at Sears?

DFB...are those electric scissors supposed to be (sshhhhh bud trimmers) or just everyday sort of ?

Madeline I do need something small and sharp. My fingernails just arent.
    Wotcha hound
    Dunno, they look like they were designed to trim bud, B&Q reckon they're for cutting thin carpet, hmmm.
    You can source some good irrigation systems there too, hozelock are coming out with some sturdy stuff thats very handy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast