Thread: PC Case grow

roffelmeh is offline Registered+

PC Case grow

hey guys
    anyone have tips on how to grow a plant inside a PC case ?

links and pics would be nice
    kthx

hempplaya is offline Registered+
    IMO from what I have read the space is to small to grow one and the ventilation would have to be incredibly good. Can't you get like a cabinet that holds movies and just leave the shelves out and grow in that? Use your imagination and do some lookin around on here first. The Search button is your friend =P
    anything i say and any pictures i post are simply those i took from other people off the internet. i am just merely living in a little fantasy world and strongly condone the use of any drugs.

a good friend will come and bail u out of jail a true friend friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!"

mfqr is offline Registered+
    Unless you have a really big computer case, this won't work. A seedling could go in there if you could fit a light in there. But there definitely would not be enough space to veg, and especially not flower in a computer case. You'd need to think about some things: The case has to be taller than how high you want your plant to grow, plus some more height for a HID light, which will have enough room so that you can lower and raise it, considering the height of most plants will triple during flowering. There is no computer case that is big enough, as far as I know. Also, computer fans would not do it for ventilation... let alone the fact that the computer fans would not work, since you would have to take out all the hardware. Point is, this is not really possible for anything ready to go into vegetative growth. If there is a fluorescent light small enough to fit at the top of the case for like one seedling, then that MIGHT work until the seedling is going into veg.

Don't even try it. Instead, build a very large light-proof box. Line the walls with mylar, put some form of ventilation in it, maybe some odor control if you need it, and a 600w HPS which can be raised or lowered as needed. Also, a fan should be used to promote stem strength, and to keep it ventilated better. Make sure you expel of all the stagnant air at the top of this big box (shed-sized, at least), and draw in fresh air from the bottom. The grow room is the easiest part. The hard part is growing a good, potent plant.

If you're doing this to hide the plant from your parents or something... then I suggest you don't waste any time, and just wait until you can make your own grow room.

Verdict: A computer-case grow seems pretty impossible for anything more mature than a seedling. That's what I think.
    Last edited by mfqr; Jun-01-2007 at 03:24.

deftdrummer is offline Registered+
    there are better things to use that are even more stealth if that's what your worried about.
    "sell crazy some place else, cause we're all stocked up here". - Jack Nicholson As Good As It Gets

If what I have posted on these forums has in any way helped you, please feel free to tip the scales (upper right corner) and add to my rep. Thanks!

Check out my DWC grow: http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ml#post1442753

freewheelinfrank is offline Registered+
    that's like trying to put ten pounds of shit in a two-pound sack

roffelmeh is offline Registered+
    okay
    how about starting it ?

sounds good ?

mfqr is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by roffelmeh View Post
    okay
    how about starting it ?

sounds good ?
    Read my post, and the answer you shall find.

Dizzy1 is offline Registered+
    If your plant followed the same path as all mine, and you had a server tower, the plant would last about 2 weeks into Veg and then need a new home. That's with CFLs.