Cannabis.com

Thread: Aquarium water

JaySin is offline Registered+

Aquarium water

Has anyone ever tried to use there old aquarium water to water there plants? I know some fertilizers use fish emulsions, so wouldn't this essentially be the same thing?

Just me thinking out loud I guess. Really don't know if it would actually be beneficial.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

texas grass is offline Registered+
    yes it is beneficial for many things, aquarium water is water with crap and algae
    no its not essentially the same as fish emulsion. fish emulsion is pretty much fish byproducts, blood, oil and cold pressed liquids, the rest of the dry pressed fish is generally made into fish meals.
    just tryin to live the good life with my friend and wife now its time to and stay and be a
    http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...-dankness.html
    complete guide to mothers clones and trimming roots http://www.cannabase.com/cl/index.html
    these last 2 links have most grow books to read http://greenmanspage.com/guides/ growmoreweed.com

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    I'd suggest it only in an outdoor setting. It contains very high levels of ammonia compared to what you would want as a nitrogen source, but outdoors, ESPECIALLY as a nice drink for your compost heap, that's not necessarily a bad thing at the levels present in fish water. Compost heaps are a GREAT place to recycle your fish waste into something that the garden will love.

JaySin is offline Registered+
    Well at least I know it's good for something. I've actually been dumping the old water into our garden. Didn't really think about it's possible benefits until recently though. Thanks for the info.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    That's not a bad place for it. Anytime.
    Oh- don't forget that fish tank water also has relatively high sodium levels compared to what your plants like. That's why successful aquaponics systems require a special low-salt fish food. FYI.

greenatik is offline Registered+
    i actually heard of someone turning their fish tank into a hydro setup and left the fish in there with no problems

i have yet to see this done or a pic but it seems somewhat plausible

maybe stinky can shed some light, what if the water was filtered in and out on a regular basis?

THClord is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    I'd suggest it only in an outdoor setting. It contains very high levels of ammonia compared to what you would want as a nitrogen source, but outdoors, ESPECIALLY as a nice drink for your compost heap, that's not necessarily a bad thing at the levels present in fish water. Compost heaps are a GREAT place to recycle your fish waste into something that the garden will love.
    Aquarium water should contain no ammonia, if it has ammonia, there's something wrong with the tank.

My tap water has an ammonia level a hundred times higher than my tank...
    all posts under this user name are purely for role playing purposes

dmahny88 is offline Registered+
    True dat. Ammonia levels are basically nil in any normal aquarium, shouldn't have a problem there however can't nirite/ate levels get up pretty high?

Italiano715 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by greenatik View Post
    i actually heard of someone turning their fish tank into a hydro setup and left the fish in there with no problems

i have yet to see this done or a pic but it seems somewhat plausible

maybe stinky can shed some light, what if the water was filtered in and out on a regular basis?

not cannabis growth, but it is def. plausible...

YouTube - My First Desktop Aquaponic

YouTube - Aquaponics Desktop System 2nd Month
    "Make the most of the Indian Hemp Seed and sow it every where."
    - George Washington

"A dope fiend refers to the reefer butt as a roach, because, it resembles a cockroach."

L. Ron Bumquist: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Live~Laugh~Love