Thread: 12/12 From Seed

killfrenzi is offline Registered+

12/12 From Seed

I was thinkin about using the 12/12 light schedule from sprout? Or about 7 days after?

I know there is a thread on the subject somewhere but I cant seem to find it. If you could send me in the right direction or give me some advice on the subject that would be sweet!

Thanx,

Revanche21 is offline Registered+
    12/12 Light Cycle From Seed

yea im interested in it too, lots of other forums have crazy long discussions about this method, but I can't find too much on this forum about it...

my next grow with be 12/12 from seed!

GreenLeaf420 is offline Banned
    12/12 from seed? How many seeds? Sounds like a waiste of a good bean to me!!! What are the Pro's

Well Good Luck GL

there are NO pros to going 12/12 ... it is done only by 'growers' that have no patience, and expect miracles (the 'I want it all, and I want it now' mindset) ... can you do it ?, sure you can, it's your plant ... and, you will wind up with a very small plant with very small buds ... it will give you a preview of what the plant 'could' be, but primarily, it is the yield which will suffer badly ... (it's not nice to fool Mother Nature ) ...

Its just an experiement. I have 2 fully grown girls under 12/12 now for the last 4 days. Thats why I was wonderin. I wanted to start a few more seeds and after about a week of sprout throw em in with the rest. I will have a decent yield already, about 1.5 lbs off these 2 plants. I am basicly jus wantin to see what happens.

Testament is offline Registered+
    1.5 LB off two plants?
    thats a lot to expect, even off optimal growing conditions. In an outdoor grow definetly...

12/12 is ok, but not optimal....my friend did it last year and it worked, but the plants could have been better. granted there were other mitigating circumstances...

hudson88 is offline Registered+
    There's a few thread's on 12/12 from seed, i read a few of them a couple of weeks ago. It seems that there are a couple of areas when it might be useful with the correct strains but in the main you'll only knock a couple of weeks off your grow and you probably won't get over an oz of bud per plant and may well get less than a half oz, so it's pretty inefficient.

Good luck tho if you go ahead with it, let us know how you get on.
    My 250w White Widow Grow

Simple nOOb instructions for growin' da dankness - Stinkyattic

Noob's guide to growroom setup - Rhizome

Cheap & easy diy cloner - Justanotherbozo

"An' though the rules of the road have been lodged,
    It's only people's games that you got to dodge" - Bob Dylan

some 12/12 grows Ive found

all are at different stages of growth

Pro seems to be you get almost no horizontal growth

(Might work great with SCROG?)

'Pole-growth'
    Good for microgrowers, pressed for space
    cuts down on electric bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12/12 From Seed-4773345e2a25085da6.jpg   12/12 From Seed-2798816ozgrow-med.jpg   12/12 From Seed-9571dscn0927.jpg  

12/12 From Seed-dscf1080custom2-4ae4jbhkk.jpeg   12/12 From Seed-19355img_0522-thumb.jpg  
    Last edited by Revanche21; Jul-06-2008 at 16:04.

Weedhound is offline Registered+
    best of luck guys
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

"Your deeds show your character."-StinkyAttic

Weedhound is offline Registered+
    killfrenzi that other 12/12 thread is under Advanced Techniques.....god knows why because it's simply lazy growing imo....not a technique at all.

Revanche.....your quote by George Bernard Shaw about cynasism fits this situation perfectly.

And I'd like to see the grow log from the cup grow.
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

"Your deeds show your character."-StinkyAttic

Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound View Post
    killfrenzi that other 12/12 thread is under Advanced Techniques.....god knows why because it's simply lazy growing imo....not a technique at all.

Revanche.....your quote by George Bernard Shaw about cynasism fits this situation perfectly.

And I'd like to see the grow log from the cup grow.
    Ill start it sometime in the end of july or august
    look forward to it!

Ill post my 12/12 from seed log Starting 2marow eve.

oldmac is offline Registered+
    I posted this on the other 12/12 thread;

12/12 from seed works very well with most sativas, as a matter of fact it is the only way I would grow sativa. (guess I'm lazy besides being old)
    Sativa typically is a equatorial plant, it NORMALLY grows with a 12/12 photoperiod (or pretty close). Keep in mind it is usually very intense light, but it is only for about 12 hours a day.

Now Indicas' present a different deal, and I have not experimented with too many from seed at 12/12. But again think about this; ever start cuttings for just a few days, then banged them into 12/12. Most indicas' do just fine with that, in fact many people grow just like that or maybe a few more days veg. With great results I might add. I believe you get the most from your lights (regardless of type) by growing many small plants as opposed to a few large plants, but that's me.

blazedtexas is offline Registered+
    i was thinking of trying something like this out when i do ill post a grow log link from here. what u guys think about me growing a ww and then taking clones and as soon as they are rooted and safe throw in 12/12 from start.

Quote Originally Posted by blazedtexas View Post
    i was thinking of trying something like this out when i do ill post a grow log link from here. what u guys think about me growing a ww and then taking clones and as soon as they are rooted and safe throw in 12/12 from start.
    Actually you would prolly have better results, like yield and potency if you went 12/12 from clone rather than sprout.

Well I have started my 12/12, and so far so good. Im sorry I cant post pics, well I could but they wouldnt be of any quality. I am just gon wait til I get my girls camera.