Cannabis.com

Thread: Mother plant size ?

420F4i is offline Registered+

Mother plant size ?

How big does she have to get before I start taking clippings?

Heres my grow:

http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-gr...y-3-leafer.htm

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

WhiskeyTango is offline Registered+
    Depends on the shape. If you pruned her bonsai style, she should never be more than 8-10in high IMHO. Just judge ny looking at the prospective cuts. Are they well formed? Not a light green shoot off with a few really light curled leaves. Make sure they are nice n healthy with at least 3 nodes on it. There is no set height she should be first. I have taken cuttings off a plant 3-4 weeks old, and then cuts off of that cut 4 weeks later. Hope that helps
    whiskeytango

stinkybudz is offline Registered+
    hey whiskey how come your no longer sharing SnS with doughboy?

Sorry to highjack
    I smoke it down to the ash end burnin lips and finger tips, on for helly shit and take a bullet like a pacifist, right in the ashtray where it belongs, from the bag to the j to the vape to the bong-Stoner songs Twiztid - Bagz, Hydro. KmK- Blaze Allday,Can Anybody Hear me.AbK- Hollowpoint

No fight, just wanted our own names...Will finish SnS though...
    whiskeytango

Quote Originally Posted by 420F4i View Post
    How big does she have to get before I start taking clippings?

Heres my grow:

http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-gr...y-3-leafer.htm

check these out man

International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums - **DrBuds Bonsai Mum's- How To for You**

Rusty's Bonsai Downsizing...

Hese's a few pics of my bonsai mom to give you an idea how small they can be. Just took 10 cuttings off her last night. Show ya a pic of her after cut in my episode 4 thread later....hope this gives you an idea
    WT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mother plant size ?-dsc00955.jpg   Mother plant size ?-dsc00954.jpg   Mother plant size ?-dsc00956.jpg  

Good idea guys. I think bonsai is the way to go. She can live in the hollowed out computer case forever. Thanks for the advise.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    I like to determine what my mothers will be by what I plan to need for cuttings, and my predicted clone success rate.
    While bonsai moms are ideal for micro-scale growers, or for collecting strains, a large mother plant with a developed root system, in relatively fresh soil, will recover fro cloning faster and provide clones more frequently than her stunted counterpart.
    So ask yourself, how many plants per cycle will I flower, or how many clones per 2 months will I need?
    A healthy mother in a 3 gallon pot will provide enough cuttings to keep a 600w flower chamber comfortably filled at all times. I keep this size mother for strains I clone out heavily; the ones I keep just for their genetics live in 6-inchers and are given the bonsai treatment. The large moms are about 24" bushes but become leggy and tree-like as they age and approach retirement, and the small ones are allowed only to grow to about 8" before their tops are taken as clones and other branches are removed to keep the structure compact.
    It's your style- in a nutshell, size of moms is determined by watts in bloom room and time flowering plants will spend in veg.

My flowering room doesnt even have a light yet. Its 3'x2' and full hight, I'm planning to bloom 2 adults in it under a screen getting 400ish watts.
    So I figure for that I'll need 3 new clones every 2 months, BUT i also "owe" clones to a couple friends. So right off the bat i want 8-10, but then only a few every 2 months after that.
    I also want to try a couple experiments growing. Such as 12/12 from the day I plant them.