Cannabis.com

Thread: Should i Cut the roots? please help

herektorman is offline Registered

Should i Cut the roots? please help

Hi! im having a little bit of trouble, some of my plants are having 1 or 2 roots poping out of the pot (the roots that are getting out are like 3 to 4 inches)

i know i should transfer them to another larger pot but i cant afford to get new ones, and they are going to bud in like 3 weeks.

They are healthy and they have no problems till now, but im getting worried because of the roots that are poping out.

So, should i cut the roots that are poping out of the holes that are under the pot?

(indoor growing by the way :P )

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Greenthing is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by herektorman View Post
    Hi! im having a little bit of trouble, some of my plants are having 1 or 2 roots poping out of the pot (the roots that are getting out are like 3 to 4 inches)

i know i should transfer them to another larger pot but i cant afford to get new ones, and they are going to bud in like 3 weeks.

They are healthy and they have no problems till now, but im getting worried because of the roots that are poping out.

So, should i cut the roots that are poping out of the holes that are under the pot?

You could always use a bucket or any other suitable container, just make sure that you put plenty holes in it for good drianage.
    Stinkyattic's troubleshooting form.
    Click here

There can be only one. it's the Wife.
    Profit is Vanity, Quality is Sanity

Weezard is offline Registered+

Smile No cuttem root please.

You don't have to buy anything, but you do need to transplant to a bigger pot right away, before they bud.

When they go into flower they may double in size.
    They will need the room and you will be happier with the results of your grow.

In a pinch, I suppose you could BOG them.
    Just put some dirt in a large food container and punch drainage holes in it, (Ice cream tubs are good).
    Then cut the bottom off your existing pot and plop it in.
    Of course, if you're going to go to that much trouble anyway, it's best to transplant.
    You can use just about any container.
    Heck, you can grow pot in plastic trash bags.

They don't need expensive designer shoes, but they do need lots of toe room.

Well, you asked.
    Regards,
    Weezard
    Everyt'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html
    Plants do things for a reason..they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound

"You have the ability to move 1000 times faster than your plant, but that doesn't mean that you should." - Emilya

Ok thanks for the advice, im getting a friend of mine to get bigger pots for me, and, another quick question, for flowering they need 12 hours of total uninterrupted darkness? because all my plants are in the laundry room and sometimes my dad wants to enter there and piss...

Weezard is offline Registered+
    Ok thanks for the advice, im getting a friend of mine to get bigger pots for me, and, another quick question, for flowering they need 12 hours of total uninterrupted darkness? because all my plants are in the laundry room and sometimes my dad wants to enter there and piss...
    At least 12.

Gotta ask ol' dad to piss in the dark I guess

Weeze
    Everyt'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html
    Plants do things for a reason..they don't just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound

"You have the ability to move 1000 times faster than your plant, but that doesn't mean that you should." - Emilya

bloodbrother is offline Registered+
    yeah definately transplant... I went and got some big storage containers from walmart like 72 liters for 4$ threw 2-3 plants per container LOTS of room for them.. but youre probably more concerned about cost of soil or is it container cost? Or if you have big dollar store (we have a place called dollarama has large pots for $1)

and maybe tell your dad to piss in the bathroom like a normal person

Quote Originally Posted by bloodbrother View Post
    yeah definately transplant... I went and got some big storage containers from walmart like 72 liters for 4$ threw 2-3 plants per container LOTS of room for them.. but youre probably more concerned about cost of soil or is it container cost? Or if you have big dollar store (we have a place called dollarama has large pots for $1)

and maybe tell your dad to piss in the bathroom like a normal person
    it is a bathroom lol

Dutch Pimp is offline Registered+
    because all my plants are in the laundry room and sometimes my dad wants to enter there and piss...
    you do your laundry in the bathroom?....cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Pimp View Post
    you do your laundry in the bathroom?....cool...
    lol its a large bathroom that we dont use, so we do the laundry there, right now my plants are in the tube, growing POTBOUND, damn these plants are resilient, they are potbound (i can see the roots on the surface) and they are buding with no problems so far haha