Thread: Wet Vs. Dry weight.

elskeetro is offline Registered+

Wet Vs. Dry weight.

I'm wondering what everyone thinks about weight/water loss.

I had always thought that your dry weight would be about 25% of the wet weight. (i.e.- 1 oz would dry down to about 1/4 oz). and i have found that to be quite true with all of my harvests.

a brief discussion in another thread suggests this:

Quote Originally Posted by MPLSweedman View Post
    you shouldnt be losing that much weight man, when i grew i would sometimes like 30% but usually about 25
    What does everyone else think? Am i Losing too much weight? if so, HELP?!?!

Skeet, The Anorexic.

GoldenGraham84 is offline Registered+
    your wet weight vs. dry weight is pretty similar with mine. had ~60g from last harvest, dried out to about 20g. those other guys are just lucky. pricks...
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

"If you don't like my fire, then don't come around. 'Cause I'm gonna burn one down." - Ben Harper

"America; first we fight for our freedom, then we make laws to take it away." -Alfred E. Newman

Revanche21 is offline Registered+
    check out my previous grow log for wet weight compared to the final dry weight

TurboALLWD is offline Registered+
    Reality sucks but i never knew it sucked this bad. I expected 2 1/2-3oz dry off of my two plants under a 600w hps but it looks like i could get a LOT less.

Revanche21 is offline Registered+
    watch my current log i encourage guesses

elskeetro is offline Registered+
    Here's the math of it using the weights from your last harvest:

Wet: 347.3g
    Dry: 75.6g

(75.6/347.3)=(X/100)
    75.6 x 100 = 7560
    7560/347.3 = 21.76%

Looks like my 20-25% holds true for you too. good. makes me feel better.

I have no idea yet for your current grow...haha...i'll say...500g wet...roughly 100-125g dry...

thanks.
    Skeet.

McDanger is offline Registered+

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by elskeetro View Post
    Here's the math of it using the weights from your last harvest:

Wet: 347.3g
    Dry: 75.6g

(75.6/347.3)=(X/100)
    75.6 x 100 = 7560
    7560/347.3 = 21.76%

Looks like my 20-25% holds true for you too. good. makes me feel better.

I have no idea yet for your current grow...haha...i'll say...500g wet...roughly 100-125g dry...

thanks.
    Skeet.
    That is about what I got on my last 2 harvests. 25% of harvest weight after curing.
    "I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer."
    Benjamin Franklin
    i'd rather not be told by the all powerful state how far i may rise and how much i can accumulate. i'd rather have the freedom to fail than the mediocrity of an enforced comfortable poverty. a free market allows such a life. all else is slavery.DelusionsofNormalty

NoDrugs4Me is offline Registered+
    if the "dry" weight is any higher than like 28% of the wet weight, be careful how you store it. i smoked a bud that had hidden mold once... ended up fairly sick...

i measure wet weight, and then dry the zandor way... hangin the whole thing up with air movement all around (not directly on them). once my weight becomes ~26-27% of wet weight i start curing and end up with about 25% of total wet weight....