Cannabis.com

Thread: Pistil Hair Color vs. Trichome color

brickbreaker is offline Registered+

Pistil Hair Color vs. Trichome color

Hey all,

I have a girl almost ready to come down, my issue is that the Trichomes are almost all cloudy at this point, but not all the hairs are turning brown just yet.. I was always told that the trichome condition was the real method of establishing this using a scope. The only reason I was holding out is in hopes that she may bulk up the buds a little still, or is it kind of late for that now? I don't want to leave it too long.... She has been in flowering about 6 weeks or so.

Thanks !

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Italiano715 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by brickbreaker View Post
    Hey all,

I have a girl almost ready to come down, my issue is that the Trichomes are almost all cloudy at this point, but not all the hairs are turning brown just yet.. I was always told that the trichome condition was the real method of establishing this using a scope. The only reason I was holding out is in hopes that she may bulk up the buds a little still, or is it kind of late for that now? I don't want to leave it too long.... She has been in flowering about 6 weeks or so.

Thanks !
    Never pistil color always trichome! when you see about 5% amber up to 10% if you want a "stonier" high. Never anymore than that, peak harvest has past any longer IMO.

Some people may also suggest that the 8 week mark in flowering is usually close to harvest time also. If you have a scope just continue to watch it over the next 2 weeks or so. They should bulk up a bit more before harvest!

P.S. Don't forget to flush at LEAST a week before harvest to get out all the buildup!
    "Make the most of the Indian Hemp Seed and sow it every where."
    - George Washington

"A dope fiend refers to the reefer butt as a roach, because, it resembles a cockroach."

L. Ron Bumquist: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Live~Laugh~Love

brickbreaker is offline Registered+
    Thank you for the reply.

They are almost 100% cloudy right now, not seeing much of the darker Tri's right now. I am almost out anyways, so I may take her down. This is just the first time I have had one with really smaller colas on top, thats why I was thinking maybe it was too early. They are however unknown bag seeds, so who knows what strain they are. Maybe a weak Sativa or something.

Have never done the flushing step you mentioned before though... have to read about that one.

frostedwonder is offline Registered+

Bagseed

If your using bagseed then its always safer to wait closer to Week 8 or 9 especially if its more of a sativa then indica. The real weigh is usually put on the last two weeks.

Like Italiano mentioned its all about the trichs. And you can harvest some tops and leave the rest to finish without too much worry about stressing the plant because at 8-9wks they won't have time to go hermi. Just don't cut too early and expect to still grow the plant out for three or four more weeks cause then it can affect yield/quality and have time to pollinate your other plants if you have some. I hate waiting same as you and I am staring at a huge purple wreck top that is just begging me to kill it! I have shake/kief that is about to be gone and then I will get extra ghetto and smoke pipe resin...ick (Don't judge me!) Patience is something I must have ran out of as well.. Good luck!
    Please don't take what I write serious, because I don't barely even listen to what the voices in my head say much less believe what they make me write online to get attention.
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ml#post2032608

http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-gr...ml#post1969718