Thread: I need a scale. What do you use?

raizla is offline Registered+

I need a scale. What do you use?

The reason I'm asking this in the grow section is because I want to know what you guys use to weigh your own crops. I know a lot of the people in the grow forum go for higher quality and tend not to skimp on their own stuff.

Sooo.....

What scale do you use?

Where did you get it?

How much was it?

Are you satisfied with your purachase?

Ocotillo is offline Registered+
    Tripple beam balance, I'm old school yo.
    http://www.myweigh.com/3bb.gif

raizla is offline Registered+
    I found one on ebay that I like. Comes with two 50 gram weights for calibration.

If you search, they have reviews of it over at Amazon. People seem to think it works well.

Digital Scale

t3hn00b137 is offline Registered+
    Digital scale from walmart. It works well. I think it cost around 20-25 bucks.
    My posts are fictional.
    All pictures I post are available on the internet.
    Discussions I am involved in are hypothetical,
    and should not constitute in activities that are deemed illegal.

Click here for my 1st grow w/ pictures

Current Grow - Snow White w/ pictures

Shovelhandle is offline Registered+
    I use an antique letter scale. It measures 0-16 ounces in half ounce marks. I don't know how old it is but you can mail a letter for .08 in those days. I've never calibrated it. It's not for commercial sales. <g>

CovertCarpenter is offline Registered+

Cool ...a visit to my local pawnshop...

with four Loonies* in my pocket, and eighty bux cash in my other, found me a nice little digital that was accurate (verified by the close-enough Four Loonies Test**), and ran in .1 increments up to 150g.

Remember, this was back in the day when the same thing new was like 180-200bux, and really way harder to get without suspicion

Now, you can get something like it at my corner store for 30bux, or online for 20.

I love the old Triple Beam Balances, tho, and would love to get one. They're still the most accurate for this kind of weighing, and fun to use!

(c)C

* Canada's One Dollar Coin, so named because it originally featured a picture of a Loon. Later versions have other art for commemorative purposes.

** Four Loonies, placed slowly on the scale should read 6.9/7.0, 13.9/14.0, 20.8/21, 27.8/28... (variances due to small changes in Loonie structure, but close enough...)

oldhaole is offline Banned

Scales

I confess. Whan I was in High School I swiped a tripple beam. Still use the damn thing. Every time I weigh on that scale I remember my teacher. She was so hot. But, then again, any chick in that school that had breasts and NO moustash was a babe. Funny thing, every year three or more scales were "lost". I remember the year after I swiped mine the new ones had the dial for grams.
    Last edited by oldhaole; Apr-18-2010 at 03:42.

GaGrown is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhandle View Post
    I use an antique letter scale. It measures 0-16 ounces in half ounce marks. I don't know how old it is but you can mail a letter for .08 in those days. I've never calibrated it. It's not for commercial sales. <g>
    Hey shovel!

I have one of those too. You can calibrate it by clipping a nickle to them.. It should be five grams. Guess there is more than 1 Old Schooler here,huh? I'll find mine and post a pic. It still has the postage pay scale sheet in the case,with a Superman stamp. I keep that there for all the right reasons. They are postage scales,right? Hehe..

Ga Grown!
    Give a man a fish,you feed him for a day! Teach a man to fish you feed him for life!

Ga Grown

A wise Man Once said; "Reminds me of an old saying I just made up..."A good gardener learns how to treat their garden. A great gardener learns how to treat their garden when shit happens."

Rusty Trichome!

http://boards.cannabis.com/redirect-...g%2Findex.html