Thread: why do the plants smell like cat piss?

dSTDENIZ is offline Registered

Exclamation why do the plants smell like cat piss?

a friend of mine noticed that her, plants smell like cat pee
    or cat litter. i believe they are only a month and a couple days old

btw she doesnt have a cat
    Last edited by dSTDENIZ; Apr-13-2010 at 11:59.

MARlJUANA is offline Registered+
    are they outdoors? or anywhere accessable to a or possibly more than one cat? if not beats me o.O

khyberkitsune is offline Banned
    Some plants naturally smell like this due to their higher nitrogen and sulfur content, sometimes it's due to the concentration of the nutrients you're using.

What's the strain? Most strains with the cat urine smell hit hard and rough, but contain a fair amount of THC versus CBD and thus gets you fairly high, and the THC-V content makes it kick in FAST and HARD, but it mellows out fast to the THC buzz. This is a common trait in Asian strains.

sarah louise is offline Registered+
    You could also ask why does cat's pee smell like an afghani in flower?
    Typing does not equal activism.

XGR33NthumbX is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by khyberkitsune View Post
    Some plants naturally smell like this due to their higher nitrogen and sulfur content, sometimes it's due to the concentration of the nutrients you're using.

What's the strain? Most strains with the cat urine smell hit hard and rough, but contain a fair amount of THC versus CBD and thus gets you fairly high, and the THC-V content makes it kick in FAST and HARD, but it mellows out fast to the THC buzz. This is a common trait in Asian strains.
    ohhh thats what it is, lol my brother grow 2 very nice plants (outside) when we choped her down, and drying inside, the hole house smelt like cat pis, but after curing the smel went and it was very very nice smoke.

thanks!

TheShastaCoMan is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by khyberkitsune View Post

thank you. i was just getting ready to post damn near the exact same thing word for word.

theres a strain specifically called 'cat piss" that has a potency that will take your head off if grown outdoors. i know as ive grown it now for 4 years running.

trispinosis is offline Registered

real cat piss

How do i get cuttings or seeds?Ever heard of p91 San diego strain,smelled like cat piss.
    Last edited by trispinosis; Nov-05-2010 at 21:44. Reason: wanna ad