Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoking uncured and undried?

BlueBear is offline Registered+

Smoking uncured and undried?

I don't know if this sounds crazy, but most people I know like bud wetter than dryer. they like it sticky like when it just comes off of the plant, well after being manicured. I like a nice dry smoke, so it trips me out. I guess that they think it looks cooler right after the harvest and trim when it will just stick to about anything.
    Allot of people I know roll blunts and dry the blunt after they roll it anyway by using a lighter to seal the blunt, or by putting the blunt on a toaster or the car heater so maybe when they get smoke that is properly dried they over kill it by drying the blunt or something.
    I am MR. Clueless to the people out hear when it comes to specifics on bud, noone knows that I am a gardener. Kind of like Spidy, it's my secret identity.
    Just wondering if anyone else knows people like this?
    Adieu
    "If what shone afar so grand,
    Turn to nothing in thy hand,
    On again; the virtue lies
    In struggle, not the prize."--R. M. Milnes.
    Hugh Miller said the only school in which he was properly taught
    was "that world-wide school in which toil and hardship are the
    severe but noble teachers."

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

orangeman is offline Banned
    This thread confuses me so bad .

Should I change my user name to Confucius? Well, perhaps I am in one of those completely unintelligible moods that my wife often complains about. Excuse my temporary insanity.
    Adieu

Dutch Pimp is offline Registered+

Talking ..they can't wait...

..I was like that too...so I set a small amount aside..(for the mircowave..blasphemy!) and put the rest in glass jars......the harvest is not over yet..

Talking ..yours is temporary?..

...mine is permanent...

during the drying process, certain active chemicals in the buds morph into psychoactive ingredients ... hurrying the drying process affects the potency, as well as the smokability ... patience, patience, patience ... the three secrets to quality herb ...

My insanity is temperary, the brain damage is what's permanent. LOL
    I guess to each his own, but when folks I know get a nice dried bud they wonder why it's not all moist and sticky like when you first trim it, must be just a thing that caut on in my area by growers always selling undried bud, so now some people around hear think it's the norm.
    Adieu

NightProwler is offline Registered+
    smokin wet weed tastes better
    I do not smoke/use/posess marijuana and i never will

yabatab is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Pimp View Post
    ..I was like that too...so I set a small amount aside..(for the mircowave..blasphemy!)

LOL I microwaved a bud once and it got zapped by little beams of
    electricity haha.....it was smoking when I took it out. That was
    my last attempt at micro-curing if need a fast toke after harvest
    I oven cure a bud or two.
    "Yeah, I know. I'm guilty. I understand that. I knew it was a crime, and I did it anyways. Shit, why argue? I'm a fucking criminal, look at me."

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Smoking wet weed is such a waste it almost makes me cry to think that people are stupid enough to do it.

Fresh bud looks/ smells good, but its no where near as potent as it is once its been dryed and cured.

Cool ..fast cure..fast smoke..

Quote Originally Posted by yabatab View Post
    LOL I microwaved a bud once and it got zapped by little beams of
    electricity haha.....it was smoking when I took it out. That was
    my last attempt at micro-curing if need a fast toke after harvest
    I oven cure a bud or two.
    ..silly me...the info advice I had at the time..say 1 minute..defrost setting..so I did that..25 seconds later..the resin caught fire on the paper plate...my very first joint.... I have ever grown....smoked it's self.

MastaChronic is offline Banned
    ^LMAO

Legalizdahurb is offline Registered+
    the pther reason ppl sell it wet is because they can make more money from it, the greedy bas*%ds.
    Uk. Whitewidow, Original Blueberry, Bagseed (some BlueB cross by the smell). Soil, Waterfarm. 2 X 250 HPS and some cfls in a Tent and an Airing closet.

busteruk7 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Legalizdahurb View Post
    the pther reason ppl sell it wet is because they can make more money from it, the greedy bas*%ds.
    yeah like that stuff we got hold of could of been a bit dryer lol
    still done the trick like and was bettter than nothing at all
    cheers all
    growing in my house attic with a 200w envirolite and a 600w hps( out of site out of mind)
    my white rhino log-----------------my lowryder log-----------------my cali orange grow
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time.

Kwali is offline Registered+
    I know someone that uses a Food Dryer type thing that you see on info commericals all the time. He got one at a garge sale for like $5. When he harvests his plants, he will set aside like a quarter and use it in the food dryer. Drys it pretty quick and smokes fine till the rest of his harvest is dry/cured.
    I burn blunts back to back, one after that, one after that, one more, whom i kidding? Probably burn a bunch more

TheGreenFog is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Pimp View Post
    ..silly me...the info advice I had at the time..say 1 minute..defrost setting..so I did that..25 seconds later..the resin caught fire on the paper plate...my very first joint.... I have ever grown....smoked it's self.
    Hilarious! That sucks tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Legalizdahurb View Post
    Sons of Bitches...someone did that to me recently...I was not happy By the time I dried it out, it was 7g short!

*takes a puff of some icky*

Well, they do what they do...meh.

TGF
    I do not grow. All pictures posted are most assuredly not mine & any discussions in which I am involved are purely hypothetical. For entertainment purposes only & should not be considered advice to assist in any illegal activites.

JOURNAL OF A MADMAN (Grow Logs) I II

JOAMM (C.O.L.) - CFL Grow ~ JOAMM - HASH/KIEF MAKING ~ 1st Harvest Pix ~ Videos

+ =

Tom Green Thumb is offline Registered+
    Around my area about eight to nine years ago wet weed was the norm. Not just off the plant, but wet enough that you would have to let it sit out a few hours before it would burn slowly. Then came the Vientamese weed and it was always bone dry. This new wave of weed was available in such quantities and for such a long time that it permanently changed the way weed is finsihed around here. Now you can't sell wet weed to save your life. It all is dry now, and even the price has gone down.

TGT

InTheJungle is offline Registered+
    When I harvested my first plant I burned a bit just to see how it tasted. It was very sticky and moist but I packed it in my bubbler. There's really no problem smoking sticky/uncured bud, you just really need to torch the bowl.

If you can though, be patient, and wait for the curing process to finish, which will improve potency

King Amdo is offline Registered+
    ...what turbo lighters were invented for

King Amdo is offline Registered+
    ...my non growing m8's look at the madmad as he incenderies x amount of weed in the pipe using the flame thrower thingy. (where x potentially has no limit).

Transition Force is offline Registered+
    i wonder if theres any difference between dry and wet weed in a vape
    "The proverb warns that 'You should not bite the hand that feeds you.' But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself." -Thomas Szasz

سلام - שלום - Peace

GrowRebel is offline Registered+
    I use a food dehydrator with the heater removed to dry my buds .... can dry as must as an oz in 3 days .... some just fine and has a good taste as well.

I've never really smoke really wet bud .... when I first started growing I tried it and it has too much of a green taste to me ...

weedmaster is offline Registered+
    i have found that cureing def makes the bud less harsh and alot stronger

JackdaWack is offline Registered+
    I tried smoking bud right off the plant, and it melted somewhat. Didnt even burn. The potency is the same from the day ur done growing but you cant dry it useing heat. it murders the tricomes. I used my microwave and it looked like it wasnt working, and sure enough it wasnt. So my attempt at drying a gram was pointless. i manicured the rest and dryed for 2 weeks. Cant even tell you how high i got.
    I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that your not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin

We don't have rights, it's just that simple.

The best way to accomplish anything is through education.

Smoke WEEED

Tupamaro is offline Registered+
    well i think a lot of people who grow for big distributers don't cure it for as long is because they don't know how far down the line its gonna be. you have to look at it like a capitalist fuck. if the ganja man down in jamaica cures it and everything by the time it gets to you its all hard and like someone sat on it. i also know in bigger cities the weed comes a little wetter because they're probably first on the list, than it filters into the smaller towns. i used to live in new york and it was sticky and when i would visit my friends in smaller towns there stuff would be more dried out.

i personally find also that after curing and all that shit that its still a little bit moist. not like its got chlorophyll but just puts a little resin on the fingers. i think thats the perfect right there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast