Thread: How many plants in 3x3, 4x4 grow tent?

lampost is offline Registered+

How many plants in 3x3, 4x4 grow tent?

This is pretty much the last link for me to get moving on this. The 3x3 and 4x4 tents are both 6'-6" tall. Here is my strategy:

Genetics will probably be AK-47. I've heard that has more Indica plant traits when growing and is easy. They will be under 600W HPS with plenty of ventilation, so heat should not be an issue. I will veg them to 2 - 2.5 ft and then flower, so final plants I would hope would be about 4 - 5 ft upon completion.

So, for both a 3x3 and a 4x4 grow tent, how many plants do you think I could get in there without overcrowding and to produce the highest yield??

Any advice would be mucho appreciado... peace!

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

JackdaWack is offline Registered+
    4 in a 3x3 and 6 in a 4x4, the 600 will come in handy with canopy penetration. Those will be comfortable in that size, u may be able to fit one more in each but it will require minor lsting of them all.
    I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that your not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin

We don't have rights, it's just that simple.

The best way to accomplish anything is through education.

Smoke WEEED

Rubberbubbler is offline Registered+
    I hope you plane on using air cooled hoods it will be easyer to controll the temps. I use 2 600 w hps 6 inch air cooled hoods in a 4x4 grow tent

Farmer Rich is offline Registered+
    I personally wouldn\'t go with more than 4 plants in the 4x4, especially vegging them to 2 - 2.5\', they\'ll grow out as well as up. With 4 you\'ll have light penetration deeper into the canopy and the air movement around the plants will be better. My first go, I tried packing 8 plants in #2 pots into a 4 x 2 cabinet with a 600w hps.

You may also want to consider with your lights, you\'ll only get about 4.5\' of useable vertical space for the plants..

Have fun!

Peace,

Farmer Rich

MerryPrankstr is offline Registered+
    + 1 for what Farmer Rich says.

I had 4 plants comfortably in a 4x2 space, under a 400w. I used 12gal rubber maids 2 plants per tub.
    I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that your not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin

Smoke WEEED

lampost is offline Registered+
    Thanks for the great advice! I was thinking 6 in a 4x4 so that is awesome. I'm thinking I might even go to a 1K since I'll be air-cooling anyway. I wouldn't mind yielding a bit more for a greater initial investment and operating cost.

Just make sure u flower when the plants are about 12inchs, u dont want them to get to tall, as mentioned u need to figure out where the base of the plants is and how much vertical room u will have with the light, take into consderation u will need a bout 6" of canopy clearance with a air cooled 1k to be on the safe side and have even distribution of light. So u should have about 4 ft of actual grow space, but its dependent on what u use in the tent of course. 4x4 is a pretty decent grow area, thats 12sqft each plant gets 2sqft which is plenty. If u can try and grow a hybrid, 50/50 sativa/indica, this way u wont grow to high, yet u will get some good bush growth too, but not to much of either. Its up to u tho, u can make almost anything work with that kinda set up.
    Last edited by JackdaWack; Nov-21-2009 at 14:13.

Smoke WEEED