Thread: what is calmag?

swisha is offline Registered+

what is calmag?

could someone please tell me what calmag or cal-mag+ is?

i research it and all i see is diet supplements from places like GNC. is this correct. haha i looked at my supply store and didnt see anything close to calmag. i also hear its much more potent that the label describes.

thx for any info people could give me.

psteve is offline Registered+
    I believe it's chelated calcium and magnesium.
    I could be wrong.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    calmag is made by Botanicare, you can search THAT and find vendors.

I think it's chelated as well. It's great stuff, and a necessity if you are using RO or distilled water, and in a coco medium, to offset the propensity of coco fibre to bind up calcuim.

spectrum balanced is offline Registered+
    what about if you're using distilled and rockwool? is it generally good in all mediums but necessary with RO and coco?
    Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it.

Personally, I'm in favor of democracy, which means that the central institutions of society have to be under popular control. Now, under capitalism, we can't have democracy by definition. Capitalism is a system in which the central institutions of society are in principle under autocratic control.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    a necessity if you are using RO or distilled water

You need it. Ca has got to come from SOMEWHERE...

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum balanced View Post
    what about if you're using distilled and rockwool? is it generally good in all mediums but necessary with RO and coco?
    distilled water has ALL minerals, etc removed ... as Stinky said, calcium, magnesium, etc.,, has to come from 'somewhere' ... and, if you check the pH on your RO water, you will probably find it to be very acidic

thx so much for the info. i know that calmag supplements nitrogen, calcium, mg, and iron. for such uses like ro water or distiled water.

hehe just looking around i kept running into bone supplements and as i thought that is different stuff. will now recheck my vendor to see if they offer it.

...gee i love living in the boone docks. no hydro shops, nearest shop is in a small town 45mins away. so unfortunately i order online and of course they do not carry any Botanicare products!

well well well. i really hate ordering and leaving a paper trial. guess i should invest in a po box and one of them "throw-away" prepaid credit cards....

thx for the info everyone!

crap im an idiot. didn't put the - in the cal-mag so didn't find it on search.

still been researching this product and seems as tho the results are sketchy at best. i see a lot of problem from overfeeding with recommended doses. people saying it really ups there ppm's and cant exactly figure out why.

anyone tested MagiCal by techaflora? as an alternative? or use any alternative cal/mg uppers?

LOC NAR on probation is offline Registered+
    Calmag plus is the shit. Can't live without it. I had no problems with following the dose on the bottle per gallon with RO water. The best thing till you get some is epsom salt. I used it for a while till I got calmag. You can go a little shy if you want but you got to have it.

BoomBoom82 is offline Registered+
    why do u need this stuff ?

LOC NAR on probation is offline Registered+
    You have to put back basic minerals that RO and disstilling takes out of the water. Plants will love you for it. They need it.

smokedoja is offline Registered+
    ahhhh now thats the problem, RO and distilled lack essential minerals...i see now...
    oh how i love reading other peoples conversations
    Last edited by smokedoja; Jul-14-2007 at 00:57.